24th December 2013, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

Information about TOEFL and GRE exam?

I'm studying B.E., and i want to study M.S in abroad. I came to know about TOEFL and GRE exams to study in abroad. So please give me information about these exams.

4th January 2014, 10:28 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Information about TOEFL and GRE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm studying B.E., and i want to study M.S in abroad. I came to know about TOEFL and GRE exams to study in abroad. So please give me information about these exams.
Hey friend,

Information about TOEFL and GRE exam?

TOEFL - Test of English as a Foreign Language.

This exam is meant to test proficiency of students whose mother tongue or native language is not English. The test is conducted on weekends. TOEFL exam can be taken up by any candidate who is not a Citizen of USA but want to study in USA.

The eligibility criteria which is needed to satisfy are:

# The candidate should have a education qualification of completed +2 from a recognized school board of education with a fair percentage.

# There is no age limit needed for the TOEFL.

It has 4 sections such as:
  • Reading
  • Speaking
  • Writing
  • Listening

GRE - Graduate Record Examination

This exam is conducted for candidate to get admission in Graduate Programmes in United States.The exam is conducted for candidates to join in Graduate or Post Graduate level.There is no age limit needed for the exam.

The test is of 2 types:
  1. GRE General Test
  2. GRE Subject Test

To tell about the General test it can be taken by any candidate and this test includes

> Verbal Reasoning,
> Analytical Writing,
> Critical Writing,
> Quantitative Reasoning.

And about the Subject Test is that the test is conducted thrice a year and it is a paper based test and there are 8 subjects in the GRE Subject test.

This test can be either taken as a Paper based test or a Computer Online test.The duration of GRE Exam is 3 hours and 45 minutes. GRE Score card is valid for 5 years.

ALL THE BEST
5th January 2014, 01:31 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Information about TOEFL and GRE exam?

TOEFL i.e Test of English as a Foreign Language and this examination is conducted many times in a year. It is standardized exam of English Language Proficiency to study in English Speaking countries and it is use enroll in Foreign Universities. The examination is conducted in two ways :- 1)Internet Based Test(IBT) 2)Paper Based Test (PBT). The Exam Score is valid upto two years and you can take the exam plenty of times as you wish.

ToEFL IBT Exam Pattern :- Reading, Listing, Speaking, Writing.

ToEFL PBT Exam Pattern :- Listening Comprehension, Structure Written and Expression, Reading Comprehension,Test of Written Examination

GRE i.e Graduate Record Examination and this examination is conducted for admission to MBA or Ph.d course in the United States and Other Countries. Mainly the examination is conducted to check the students standards in Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Anlaytical Writing, Critical Thinking Skills.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?