31st October 2016, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for admission in IIT after completing Diploma in Electrical Engineering?

Hello Sir, I am studying Diploma in Electrical Engineering. Can I take admission in IIT for further studies? If yes then which entrance I have to appear for? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in B.E. 2nd year in IIT being a Diploma holder in Electrical Engineering?
  2. How can I get admission in IIT Delhi after completing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  3. How can I get admission in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [New]
  4. Am I eligible to apply for NDA after completing 10+ Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  5. Which courses can I pursue after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Can I get admission in IIT and which exam do I have to appear for admission?
  6. Can I get admission in IIT college after completing diploma in electrical?
  7. Which courses would be necessary to join B.Tech 2nd year?
  8. Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  9. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to get admission in B.Tech 2nd year at IIT after completing ECE Diploma?
  10. How can i get an admission in IIT Kharagpur after completing diploma?
  11. Process of getting admission in IITs after completing diploma?
  12. Can I take admission in Electrical Engineering after completing my diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  13. Which exam I need to apply for to be eligible for B.Tech admission after completion of diploma in electrical engineering?
  14. How can I get admission in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  15. Can I get admission in IIT, KGP after diploma in electrical engineering?
  16. Can I take the admission in IIT after diploma? What is the eligibility criteria followed for the same?
  17. Can I get admission for Aeronautical engineering after completing diploma in electrical engineering with 74%' -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I sit for IIT entrance exam after diploma in electrical engineering without class 12th?
1st November 2016, 09:06 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for admission in IIT after completing Diploma in Electrical Engineering?

No, you are not eligible for admission in IIT after completing Diploma in Electrical Engineering. Because there is no such scheme for admission in IIT on the basis of diploma course. So, my suggestion is that you should go for LEET exam. Through this entrance exam, you will got the best college for further studies as per your skills. Through LEET exam, you will get direct admission in second year of Bachelor's degree.
1st November 2016, 09:46 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for admission in IIT after completing Diploma in Electrical Engineering?

The admission in Indian Institute of Technology is done on the basis of Joint Entrance Exam. The required eligibility criteria for JEE examination are given below.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

1. Candidate must have passed 12th class from a recognized board.

2. The minimum percentage required in 12th class for JEE examination is 45% in case of open and 40% in case of reserved category.

3. The minimum age of candidate must be 17 years.

As per my knowledge, you are not eligible for admission in IIT after completing Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
2nd November 2016, 10:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can surely apply for admission in IIT through JEE main based on your diploma in engineering qualification. Admission will be based in the scores obtained in JEE main and advanced.

The only point which is not good for you is, that you will get admission only in first year of B.Tech, means you won't get any benefit of diploma.
2nd November 2016, 11:22 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in IIT after completion of your Diploma course, as IITs and NITs do not allow candidates to get admission in degree courses after diploma degree. If you wish to get admission in IIT for B.Tech course, you will have to have a minimum qualification of 12th standard from a recognized board with science background and should have cleared IIT(JEE) examination having cleared the minimum cut-off to be eligible to avail admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?