2nd September 2015, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for ISEET exam if I have completed my diploma course?

Am I eligible to apply for ISEET exam if I have completed my diploma course? Can you please let me know the eligibility criteria for the exam? Who all are eligible to apply for the exam? It will be really helpful if you can give me the answer on the same!

2nd September 2015, 09:29 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for ISEET exam if I have completed my diploma course?

There is no ISEET now and only one exam is there which is knowns as JEE Main and Advanced. Being a diploma holder you will not be eligible for this entrance exam.

Diploma engineering holders are only eligible for admission in engineering degree through lateral entry exam which will allow direct admission in 2nd year of the B.Tech degree.
3rd September 2015, 07:41 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for ISEET exam if I have completed my diploma course?

Eligibility Criteria Required to Apply for ISEET Exam:

ISEET (Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test) is a major Examination instead of Joint Entrance Examination. Basically this examination is conducted by Human Resource Department of Government of India. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in ISEET Examination is "12th Class" or its equivalent course from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks. As far as my knowledge is concerned, Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for ISEET Examination. Since the basic educational qualification required is "12th Class" from a recognized university, I am really sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for ISEET Examination.
3rd September 2015, 06:00 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

ISEET is the Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test. This entrance exam for bachelor's degree in engineering and technology is no more conducted and is replaced by the Joint Entrance examination.

Joint Entrance examination is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education. It has two stages:

1. JEE Mains.

2. JEE Advanced.

Being a diploma candidates, you can apply for the JEE mains for admission in government engineering colleges like National Institute of technology and other engineering colleges on the basis of rank scored in this entrance exam.
4th September 2015, 04:14 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

ISEET stands for the Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test. It was the entrance exam conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education earlier for the undergraduate courses in engineering. But you must know that in place of ISEET, Joint Entrance exam is conducted by the CBSE for undergraduate engineering courses.

For JEE, a candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or its equivalent. Being a diploma holder you are eligible to apply for the Joint Entrance examination mains stages.

On the basis of your percentage of marks in diploma and rank secured in JEE mains exam, you can get admission in top engineering colleges of India like NITs, IIITs and other government engineering colleges.
5th September 2015, 12:12 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to apply for ISEET exam if I have completed my diploma course? Can you please let me know the eligibility criteria for the exam? Who all are eligible to apply for the exam? It will be really helpful if you can give me the answer on the same!
No, diploma candidates are not eligible for ISEET exam.

ISEET stands for Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with science department with above 40% marks from a recognized university are eligible for ISEER exam.

Your age should be above 16 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?