27th October 2016, 02:27 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply JEE exam after completing my diploma??

Sir/Mam,

I am kavin, after completing my 10th board examination. presently now i am studying diploma in electronics and communication engineering second year. After completing my diploma I would like to join B.E in iit. can i eligibile for that?? shall i apply jee exam?? what is the process to do that?? This is my kindly requested you to reply me this questions.......

Related Questions:
  1. JEE or other B.Tech entrance exams on the basis of Diploma engineering?
  2. Am I eligible for JEE Main exam after completing Diploma from the Himalayan University? Can I apply for any post in the Indian Railways?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main exam after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering from SBTET, Telangana? What is the minimum marks required in Diploma to apply for JEE Main exam?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main exam after completing 2nd year Diploma (Lateral entry)? -- [New]
  5. Can I appear for IIT JEE after doing diploma? Am I eligible to apply?
  6. Can I apply for JEE Main 2016 twice, one on the basis of 12th and another on the basis of Diploma?
  7. Am I eligible to give JEE exam after completion of diploma course? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How many chances are given to Diploma holders for writing IIT JEE entrance?
  9. Am I eligible to join B.E in IIT after comlpetion of diploma in Electronics and Communication engineering?
  10. Am i eligible for JEE mains after completing 3 years diploma?
  11. Whether a diploma holder is eligible to apply for JEE main exam?
  12. How to apply for IIT JEE entrance exam after completing Diploma?
  13. Am i eligible to write JEE with Diploma in Chemical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after completing diploma in civil engineering
  15. Is diploma candidate not eligible for JEE main?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam after completing Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  17. Diploma holders are eligible for IIT-JEE exam?
  18. What are the career options except engineering? Details about the information of ISRO test?
27th October 2016, 01:08 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply JEE exam after completing my diploma??

Yes, you are eligible to apply for JEE exam on the basis of your diploma in electronics and communication engineering. Admission in IIT will be on the basis of rank in entrance exam.

Also, you will get admission in first of B.Tech only through JEE. There will be no lateral entry admission based on diploma for you in IITs.
27th October 2016, 03:25 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for JEE examination after completion of your Diploma course. Being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get lateral entry admission in IIT, you can get admission only in first year of B.E course. Your JEE Main examination score can't be used to apply for admission to B.E course in IIT. You need to appear, qualify and secure top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination to be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination. If you secure good rank in JEE Advanced examination, you can get admission in B.E course in IIT.
27th October 2016, 06:22 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

You should apply for B.TECH lateral entry exams like LEET, ECET, JELET etc. So you can take admission in directly second year of engineering. But for that you must have complete your diploma with minimum of 60% marks and your age should be below 28 years. Thanks
27th October 2016, 08:30 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that after completing Diploma courses, you are not eligible to appear for the JEE examination for IITs.
Candidates those who have completed class 12th with Science stream from a recognised Board are eligible to opt for JEE examination.
However, you can opt B.Tech courses directly from second year after qualifying in the LEET entrance examination.
27th October 2016, 09:58 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

--> JEE stands for Joint Entrance EXamination and it is a national level engineering entrance examination held for admission in undergraduate technical courses i.e; B.Tech / B.Arch from top government or private engineering collegs of India.

--> JEE is held by CBSE once every year in two stages which includes JEE Main and JEE Advanced respectively.

Since you are diploma in engineering degree pursuer which is a degree equivalent to a regular higher secondary school degree so you are eligible for appearing in JEE. But at the same time I would like to clarify you that you are not eligible for admission in IIT, NIT or any other CFTIs as admission in these institutes are based on the JEE Rank which includes the percentile score of applicants in their Class 12th board examination which will not be available in case of a diploma degree student.

For more details regarding JEE you can log on to its official link www.jeemain.nic.in.
27th October 2016, 11:02 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Joint Entrance Exam acronym as JEE has been introduced in 2013 for providing admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programs at IIT and NIT.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

1. Candidate must have passed 12th class from a recognized board.

2. The minimum percentage required in 12th class for JEE examination is 45% in case of open and 40% in case of reserved category.]

3. The minimum age of candidate must be 17 years.

4. The admission of candidate will be done on the basis of Entrance examination.

As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to appear for Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam after doing diploma on the basis of 10th class. For more information you can visit at the official website: jeemain.nic.in/
27th October 2016, 11:11 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for JEE and so not eligible to get the admission in the IIT's.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that the candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board with PCM as main paper.

But, you will be eligible to get the admission in the course in the other universities through LEET in 2nd year of the course after diploma degree.
28th October 2016, 08:18 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

As per the latest notification from the board of council conducting JEE, diploma students are not eligible to appear for JEE. This is in sync with the government guidelines that diploma students need not appear in the entrance exams along with 10+2 students for getting admission in engineering courses. Instead they need to appear in Lateral Entry Entrance Test of respective states to get admission. The same applies in your case as well. So prepare and appear in the LEET of the concerned state to which you belong.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?