12th December 2016, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join IIT after completing Diploma course?

Respected Sir, I want to study from IIT so I want to know am I eligible to join IIT after completing Diploma course? If yes then please tell me in which stream can I pursue Diploma? Please answer as soon as possible.

13th December 2016, 09:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join IIT after completing Diploma course?

For admission at IITs, you need to crack JEE main and advanced with an excellent score. Diploma engineering candidates are also eligible for JEE. Hence, you need to start preparing for this exam because it is the only way forward for you.

Just note one point that being a diploma holder, you won't get any benefit like lateral entry because IITs don't offer such admissions. Hence, if you are ready to get admission in first year, then appear for JEE main and advanced.
13th December 2016, 11:44 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

No, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to join IIT after completing diploma course. Candidates who have completed their 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for the same. As you have completed diploma after 10th standard, so you are not eligible to join IIT.

However, don't loose hope you can get admission for B.Tech course. You don't have to appear for IIT JEE entrance examination, but you can get admission through lateral entry which means directly in the second year. But, keep in mind that this will only be applicable if you have completed your diploma in engineering field.
16th December 2016, 12:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I want to study from IIT so I want to know am I eligible to join IIT after completing Diploma course? If yes then please tell me in which stream can I pursue Diploma? Please answer as soon as possible.
After completion diploma course, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible to get admission through IIT JEE exam.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?