24th October 2018, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study BTech in NIT after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?

Hello Sir, I am studying Diploma in Civil Engineering in Guwahati. I am studying in 2nd year now and I will do BTech after my Diploma in same stream. So, I want to know that I can get admission in NIT college or not for BTech after my Diploma?

31st October 2018, 11:52 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study BTech in NIT after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?

Diploma passed candidates are not eligible to get admission in NIT through lateral entry.

The admission in NIT is conducted only after qualifying in JEE Main examination and only for candidates who have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in NIT after diploma course.
31st October 2018, 01:56 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study BTech in NIT after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?

No, you are not eligible to get admission in NIT after diploma course.

NIT is National Institute of Technology and for admission in the institute you have to appear and qualify in JEE Main.

So, you are only eligible to get admission in NIT if you have passed 12th in PCM as main paper.
31st October 2018, 07:05 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

After diploma course candidates are not eligible to get admission through lateral entry in NIT.

NIT is National Institute of Technology and candidates passed 12th in PCM are eligible to appear for JEE Main and after qualifying in the examination will become eligible for admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?