24th February 2016, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

Can I study B.Tech after completion of Diploma in Metallurgy course?

Sir,
My name is Prathyus from Hyderabad. I am studying Diploma in Metallurgy and in 2nd year now at JNGP college. The duration of my course is 3 and a 1/2 years and with 1 year training and we have know about Metallurgy in my duration of course. I would like to know that can I do B.Tech after my Diploma?

28th February 2016, 12:43 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study B.Tech after completion of Diploma in Metallurgy course?

Yes, you can definitely pursue degree course after completion of your diploma course, i.e, you can definitely pursue B.Tech course in Metallurgy after successful completion of diploma course in Metallurgy. Although there are only few institutes across the country which offer metallurgy course but you are still eligible for it. You can get admission directly in the second year of B.Tech course through lateral entry scheme. You need to appear in LEET and score well to get admission in good institutes via lateral entry scheme.
28th February 2016, 01:21 PM
monikasiri

Default Re: Can I study B.Tech after completion of Diploma in Metallurgy course?

Yes,you can get into B.Tech after completing your Diploma in Metallurgy.You should write ECET to get into second year of Engineering.As your course is for 3 and 1/2 years,you can join in diploma only after completing your 6 months gap after your Diploma course.Engineering course for Diploma students is 3 years as you get into the second year of the Engineering.You can get admission of Engineering in both private colleges and also Universities after completing your Diploma course.
10th October 2017, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am doing diploma in metallurgy as well as ba from ignou. I wanna prepare for IAS but I will have ba degree after 2 years and diploma degree after one year and at the mean time I wanna do btech as well as earn few money so that I can contribute little bit on my IAS coaching? Suggest the way and what should I do so that I can complete both and prepare for IAS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?