11th July 2016, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I study MBA after completion of Diploma in Retail Management?

Sir,
I am doing my Diploma in Retail Management. Can I join MBA after completing my this Diploma course? I have a desire to do MBA so after completion of this Diploma course I am eligible or not for MBA? Please reply soon. Thank you!

12th July 2016, 10:21 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MBA after completion of Diploma in Retail Management?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am doing my Diploma in Retail Management. Can I join MBA after completing my this Diploma course? I have a desire to do MBA so after completion of this Diploma course I am eligible or not for MBA? Please reply soon. Thank you!
Nice to hear that you are fixed about your career goal. But. sorry to say that you are not eligible for MBA after completing Diploma in Diploma in Retail Management.

- To take an admission into a MBA course, candidates must have a Bachelor degree in any discipline with minimum 50% marks from a recognized Institute.

- The duration of the program is of two years.

- Candidates also should have a good score in the following National level entrance exam-

• CAT
  • MAT
  • XAT

So, you are not eligible for MBA course after Completing Diploma course. But, please don't sorry about your career you have another option you can do the PG Diploma in Retail Management, which is similar to the MBA course.
12th July 2016, 11:07 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir,
No, diploma candidates are not eligible for MBA course.

Those candidates who have completed graduation from a recognized university are eligible for MBA entrance exam. Your graduation marks must be above 50% from recognized university. Final year candidate are eligible for MBA entrance exam.

Pattern for MBA entrance exam:-

1.Data Interpretation.
2.Quantitative Aptitude.
3.Logical Reasoning.
4.Verbal Ability.
12th July 2016, 12:15 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to study MBA after completion of Diploma in Retail Management course. To be eligible to study MBA course, you must have passed Bachelor's degree course or equivalent examination from a recognised university.

To get admission in MBA course, you have to appear and qualify the MBA entrance examinations like CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, etc.,. By qualifying the entrance examination, you can get admission in MBA course. Since, you have not pursued Bachelor's degree course, you are not eligible to study MBA course.
12th July 2016, 05:13 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

To apply for MBA in any institute of college one must be graduate with at least 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. if you are doing diploma without graduation then you can not apply for the MBA. So better to complete graduation, if already done then apply for the same.
12th July 2016, 07:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For MBA admission you need degree qualification from a recognized university in any discipline. Merely diploma is not enough to make you eligible for MBA programme.

Admission is based on score in CAT/MAT/GMAT/CMAT and group discussion and personal interview. Therefore, if you have degree then be prepared for these exams.
12th July 2016, 09:17 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible to pursue MBA after completion of your diploma in Hotel and Catering Management because minimum eligibility criteria required to pursue MBA is graduation in any discipline from recognised University with at least 50% marks and 45% for reserved categories.
13th July 2016, 12:37 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir,
Sorry, it is not possible to study MBA after completion of Diploma in Retail Management. If you want to study MBA then you should be a Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks.

- Selection of candidates will be made through an entrance test like CAT, MAT, TANCET etc. So you have to study any graduation degree to pursue MBA in future. You can study the course in regular or distance mode in various institutions in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?