6th February 2016, 07:44 AM
Unregistered

Can i write AIEEE after Diploma and that too after one year gap?

Sir, i am a diploma holder in IT. I have one year gap after the completion of my Diploma course. I want to know if i can write AIEEE examination despite of this gap after Diploma completion. Please reply.

6th February 2016, 09:36 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i write AIEEE after Diploma and that too after one year gap?

No, you cannot write AIEEE after completion of your Diploma course. At present, there is no AIEEE examination. AIEEE has been replaced by JEE Main examination. To be eligible to write JEE Main examination, you must have passed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to write JEE Mai (AIEEE) examination.
6th February 2016, 10:06 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i am a diploma holder in IT. I have one year gap after the completion of my Diploma course. I want to know if i can write AIEEE examination despite of this gap after Diploma completion. Please reply.
Diploma candidates are not eligible for AIEEE exam.

AIEEE examination has been replaced by JEE Main examination.

Those candidates who have passed their 10+2 examinations or its equivalent degree from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics are eligible for JEE Main examination exam. Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
6th February 2016, 08:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

AIEEE doesn't exist now and only JEE Main and Advanced is conducted every year for admission in B.Tech at all India level. JEE doesn't offer lateral entry admission and diploma holders are not eligible for it.

You have to apply for any other lateral entry exam who h is mostly conducted on state level. Some of the laterals entry exams are LEET, JELET, DET, etc.
6th February 2016, 10:27 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

AIEEE stands for All Indian Engineering Entrance Examination. This exam was earlier conducted by CBSE for admission in engineering institutes like NITs and other government engineering college. Now this exam has been replaced by exam called Joint Entrance Examination.

JEE has two stage namely Main and Advanced. JEE Main is equivalent to AIEEE. Diploma holders are only eligible for JEE Main exam. For example if you have passed diploma or 10+2 in 2015, you can apply for JEE Main in 2015, 2016 and 2017 only.

So, you are eligible for this exam even if you have one year gap after diploma.
7th February 2016, 01:07 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Sorry, there is no AIEEE entrance examination and now JEE examination is conducted for admission of candidates in government institutes for B.Tech course.

Also, being diploma holder, you are not eligible to appear for JEE entrance examination. JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is conducted in two stages.

So, you are not eligible to appear but if yu are interested in pursuing B.tech from recognised university you can appear for LEET entrance examination.
7th February 2016, 01:28 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Diploma passed candidates are not eligible to appear for AIEEE examination which is now known as JEE Main examination.

JEE examination is conducted in two stages and eligibility to appear for entrance examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board with PCM as main paper.

So, you cannot appear for entrance examination to get admission in B.tech courses.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?