10th January 2023, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to do engineering through lateral entry?

Sir,I have finished my Diploma in mechatronics engineering in sandwich course with 94% I am very much interested in doing aeronautics. Is that i'm eligible to do tat in lateral ?

11th January 2023, 04:51 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to do engineering through lateral entry?

B.tech lateral entry is the direct entry of an applicant into the 2nd year of engineering.

Candidates who have passed (with/without grace ) three years engineering diploma from an institution with 50% marks are eligible.

Those who have completed 3 year BSc degree and passed 12th standard with mathematics as one of the subject from a recognised university are eligible for lateral entry admission.

Those belonging to BSc stream shall clear the subjects Engineering Graphics/ Engineering Drawing of first engineering program along with 2nd year subjects.

There are 2 modes for admission
1- Through entrance test
2- Through Direct admission under vacant seats after councelling of entrance exam.
11th January 2023, 08:00 PM
Msdhoni02

Default Re: Eligibility to do engineering through lateral entry?

Eligibility to do engineering through lateral entry?

Lateral Entry Programme is being offered at universities and engineering colleges enabling students who have completed 3-year diploma in Engineering or B.Sc. degree or equivalent examination with at least 50% marks, and Mathematics as a compulsory subject in Class XII, to get admitted in the second year directly.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?