19th April 2017, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

How to get rail engine driver job after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

How to get rail engine driver job after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? Can you please guide me on this? I really need a job and I don't know what should I do after completion of the diploma course? So, kindly give me the answer on this. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. How to become a train engine driver after completion of diploma in Mechanical?
  2. How can I become an engine driver after class 12th?
  3. Procedure to become a railway engine driver?
  4. Am I eligible for railways engine driver after completing diploma? I am studying diploma in mechanical engineering -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Am I capable of being an Engine Driver after Mechanical engineering?
  6. Is it good decision to study Diploma in Mechanical engineering to become a Rail Driver? How to study this course?
  7. Can I become a Driver in Indian Railway if pursue Diploma Mechanical course?
  8. How to join the Railway Engine Driver Loco Pilot?
  9. Is b.com degree is useful to get railway engine driver job? What is the procedure followed to get the job in Railways?
  10. How can I apply for Railway engine driver's post after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  11. Am I eligible to become an engine driver after completion of 12th standard?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for the Railway driver job after completion of 12th commerce course?
  13. How can I get a job of Engine driver in the Indian Railways after completing B.Sc IT? Which exam do I need to appear?
  14. How can I become an Engine Driver in the Indian Railways? What is the eligibility criteria required to become an Engine Driver?
  15. Which one is better between job and B.E course after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  16. Am I eligible for government job after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  17. Procedure to become an engine driver in Indian Railways after completion of 10th standard?
  18. How to get job in core companies after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
19th April 2017, 05:10 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to get rail engine driver job after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to get rail engine driver job after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? Can you please guide me on this? I really need a job and I don't know what should I do after completion of the diploma course? So, kindly give me the answer on this. Thanks!

The name of the post in Indian Railway for rail engine driver is Assistant Loco Pilot. As you have studied Diploma in Mechanical Engineering you are eligible to apply for the post. You have to apply when the notifications for the Assistant Loco Pilot post is released by Railway Recruitment Board (RRB). The recruitment for railways is done through RRB only. You have to appear for the Written Examination followed by Aptitude Test and Document Verification for the post of Assistant Loco Pilot in Indian Railways. If you clear the selection process then you will be posted in Indian Railways after training. The RRB website link is Click Here
19th April 2017, 09:28 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get rail engine driver job after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

In order to become a railway engine driver, you should have completed your 10th standard from a recognized board with minimum 40% to 50% marks. You must also possess an ITI qualification in specific trades or diploma in mechanical/electrical/automobile/electronics engineering etc.

Your minimum age to apply will be 18 years and maximum age will be 30 years. If you belong to reserved category, then you will get age relaxation as per government norms. With this eligibility you have to appear for RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) examination for the post of engine driver.

After qualifying the examination you will be appointed as an assistant driver and after gaining proper experience, you will be promoted to an engine driver.
19th April 2017, 09:53 PM
khanexpert

In order to apply for Railway driver job post, you should attain the minimum eligibility criteria mentioned below;

1. You should have a minimum educational qualification of 12th level from a recognized board.

2. Your age should not be below 18 years and should not exceed 30 years.

You will first of all have to appear for RRB examination conducted by the railway authorities and after clearing the examination, you will be employed as an Assistant Loco Pilot post and you will have to assist the main driver for a certain period of time and with work and experience you will be promoted to the post of driver.
19th April 2017, 10:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for Assistant Loco Pilot exam, conducted by Indian Railways. Diploma in mechanical engineering is the required qualification for such post.

Age should be between 18 to 30 years. Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and physical fitness test.
23rd March 2019, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

Which courses in diploma is applicable to become a railway driver
13th June 2019, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

How much is the salary for diploma mechanical engineering be a engine driver?
2nd August 2019, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Where is the exam conducted for becoming a train driver in Karnataka
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?