23rd February 2016, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

How to study Electronics in IIT/NIT for a candidate after completion of Diploma in Embedded Systems?

Dear Sir,
I am doing Diploma in Embedded Systems with specialization in Electronics in GIOE, Secunderabad. After completing this course I want to do Electronics in IIT or NIT. What is way to get admission in IIT/NIT and what exam I need to write?

25th February 2016, 06:59 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to study Electronics in IIT/NIT for a candidate after completion of Diploma in Embedded Systems?

You can do Bachelor's degree after completion of your diploma course but not in the IIT or NIT. Because for getting admission in the IIT or NIT you must have to appear in the JEE entrance exam and have to score considerably good score in your entrance exam as well as in the 12th standard. So on the basis of your current diploma you are not eligible for admission in IIT or NIT to study bachelor's in electronics.
Now my suggestion to you is that you should apply for the LEET and score good marks in the exam. After getting good rank you will get a very well reputed college for studying electronics.
25th February 2016, 08:12 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to study Electronics in IIT/NIT for a candidate after completion of Diploma in Embedded Systems?

Sorry, to say that Diploma holders are not eligible to get admission in IIT/NIT for pursuing their higher studies. Admissions in Engineering course in IIT/NIT are offered only to candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects and must have appeared, qualified and secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main and Advance examination. So, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT/NIT for pursuing Electronics course.
28th February 2016, 12:19 PM
monikasiri

Sorry to say,you are not eligible to get admission in any of the IIT in our country.The eligibility criteria to get into IIT is +2.Diploma students are not considered as +2.So,students completing their Intermediate can get admission into IIT.But still,you can get admission in any Institute and Universities in the state by writing the ECET examination after completing your Diploma course.You cannot even get into second year of IIT as IIT's does not allow any lateral entry admission into their Institute.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?