23rd January 2019, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study BTech in IIT for Diploma Electrical student?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am studying in Diploma with Electrical Engineering. After completing my Diploma, I want to study BTech in IIT. So, is it possible for me to study in IIT after my Diploma? Please tell me about this asap.

29th January 2019, 08:52 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study BTech in IIT for Diploma Electrical student?

Yes, it is possible for you to study B.Tech in IIT after completion of your Diploma Electrical Engineering course. Diploma holders are eligible to get admission in first year of B.Tech course in IIT through JEE Main and Advance examination. IITs doesn’t offer lateral entry admissions to B.Tech course, so, you can get admission in first year of B.Tech course.
29th January 2019, 09:36 AM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study BTech in IIT for Diploma Electrical student?

It is not possible to study BTech in IIT for Diploma Electrical student. There is no direct exams to get admission in IIT after completing a diploma course. After completing Diploma Electrical Engineering course, you can get admission to BTech course in other Engineering colleges except than IITs/NITs through LEET (Lateral Entry Entrance Exam). LEET exam is conducted for Diploma holders who want to get admission in B.tech/BE courses. This is a national level entrance exam. You can also sit in the state level exams, where you belong. Under lateral entry scheme, you can get direct admission in 2nd year of B.Tech or B.E. course.

Last edited by ppsahu; 31st January 2019 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Remove *
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?