25th November 2013, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

Criteria for getting subsidy on Education Loan Interest?

Dear Sir,
I have taken education loan from Central Bank of India for the Academic Session for Doing B.Tech .The sanctioned amount of loan from the bank is Rs.400000,but i have withdrawed only Rs.250000.
Now The central govt. has announced subsidy on interest for education loan,pls. clarify the criteria for getting that subsidy.

15th January 2014, 11:19 AM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Criteria for getting subsidy on Education Loan Interest?

Education loans mainly depend on the worthiness of the borrower. It is completely bank’s discretion to sanction the loan after assessing your credit worthiness. In a way, the bank also checks out the merit of the borrower. It is on the basis of the marks scored in the entrance examination, you will get the loan sanctioned. Government has launched a scheme to provide full interest subsidy during the period of course and one year or six months after getting job. You can ask the manager to accept the unused amount and re-consider the EMI amount too.
17th March 2014, 08:02 AM
Unregistered

Finance minister has announced in the latest budget in feb 2014 that all outstanding interest liabilities till december 31 2013 for education loans taken before 2009 will be taken upon by the government.... what are the eligibility criteria for this interest waiver and what steps a borrower should take in tnis regard?
8th September 2014, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

Igot edn loan in 2005. Load amount 120000 on total. I repaid rs.70000 for int .Now thegovt waived interest. Will the bank adjust rs 70000 towards principal ?
7th January 2015, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

i have taken education loan Rs.400000/- formy higher education i.eMBA for session 2008-2010.My repayment starts w.e.f 01 jan 2012.The interest amount was added in principal amount.i am paying my instalement regularly.Now GOI has annoused CSIS on education loan.My bank asked income certificate from me and i have given the income certificate to the bank.Now when i had inqure about the subsidy the bank says you are not eligible for the subsidy and they have refused clearly.now what i should do .kidly advice me.my loan was sanctioned in Aug 2008 and i have taken loan before march 2009.
8th September 2015, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

Now rbi announced interest subsidy for educational loans on all banks. Some one tell me the way to get it.
17th March 2018, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

I have taken loan amount of 330000 on 2014 and I have not yet get single time subsidy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?