10th September 2015, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Education Loan at cheapest rate of interest and tax benefits to study MBA?

Hello,
My son wish to go for MBA course. Please let me know how he can avail Education Loan at the cheapest rate of interest and its tax benefit? Waiting for your reply.

Related Questions:
  1. List of Banks which offer Education Loan to study MBA in India at cheapest Interest Rates?
  2. Can I get exemption in Interest rates of Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech being a ST candidate?
  3. WBMDFC offers Education Loan to study B.Tech? Rate of Interest charged against Education Loan?
  4. Bank of India Interest rate charges for Education Loan to study MBA course?
  5. Which Bank offer cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of upto Rs. 8.5 Lacs to study MBA through CMAT?
  6. List of Banks which offer Education Loan of Rs. 20 Lacs at low interest rates to study MBA in Australia?
  7. Which Bank offer Education Loan with low interest rate to study B.Tech?
  8. From when should I start repayment of my Education Loan taken against B.Tech course? Latest Education Loan rate of interest?
  9. How can I get Bank Education Loan with low interest rate to study MBBS in Russia? Mode of repayment?
  10. Why I have to repay with higher interest rate if opted for Fixed rate to study in Abroad through Education Loan provided by Indian Bank? Is there any Norms of RBI related to Fixed/Floating Interest Rates for Nationalized Banks?
  11. Is there any difference in interest rate charges to study MBA in India and in Abroad?
  12. Which Bank provides Education Loan with Low Interest Rate to study B.Tech?
  13. How much interest will be charged on Education Loan to study MDS? Detailed information about Mode of Repayment? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Which Bank offers cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan to study Bachelor of Hotel Management course?
  15. How can I get Education Loan of Rs 25 Lacs with low interest rate to study MS in The University of Manchester?
  16. Can I get Tax Rebate against Education Loan if paying interest of Rs. 12947 per month?
  17. Benefits of pursuing MBA for B.Com graduate? Can I get education loan?
  18. How much interest I have to pay on Education Loan to study MBA in Abroad? Detailed information about mode of repayment?
6th April 2023, 03:29 PM
AddisonRae

Default Re: Education Loan at cheapest rate of interest and tax benefits to study MBA?

Identify the right lender for competitive interest rates. Government banks like SBI, PNB, Bank of Baroda offer education loans at lower rates. Private banks and NBFCs like ICICI bank, HDFC Bank, Avanse Financials also offer education loans but interest rates may be slightly higher. Compare rates and chose a lender with a suitable rate for your budget.

Apply for education loan under the government scheme Education Loan Interest Subsidy scheme (ELISS) which provides interest subsidy for up to 5% per annum. Both government and private lenders offer this. This brings down the overall interest cost significantly. Check eligibility and apply through the lender of your choice.

Consider part-time jobs or internships during studies to reduce the loan amount. Even part-time earnings, TA/DA or stipends can help lower the loan burden by reducing the loan principal amount.

Apply for scholarships, fellowships or grants to reduce out-of-pocket costs. Though MBA scholarships are limited, apply to private colleges, NGOs, trusts and employers offering educational assistance. Every bit helps.

Under Section 80E of Income Tax Act, the interest paid on education loans is tax deductible up to Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum. Your son can claim this deduction in the tax returns to boost cash flows. Loan EMIs can also be adjusted against annual income for tax computation.

Repay the education loan on time as per the schedule to avoid penalties and damage to credit score. Early repayments can also save on interest costs if repayments are made on time.

With a suitable lender, interest subsidy benefits, additional earnings and tax benefits, an education loan for MBA can be managed well at a lower cost. Do analyze various options with pros and cons to ensure your son gets a high quality MBA degree at an affordable price. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?