29th August 2016, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

How much amount is sanctioned by Central Government for education loan this year?

Hello sir, I have qualified JEE Mains exam and got Civil stream at NIT Durgapur, West Bengal. I want to know how much amount is sanctioned by Central Government for education loan of this year?

Related Questions:
  1. Whether the interest rates are counted from the next day of loan issued?
  2. Possibility to apply for an education loan in security of PF account?
  3. How much subsidy I will get if taken Education Loan of Rs. 3.4 Lacs?
  4. Criteria for getting subsidy on Education Loan Interest? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How can I avail an Education Loan of Rs.24 Lacs to study MS in Abroad?
  6. Is it possible to increase the amount if the loan is about to be sanctioned?
  7. Whether Bank deducts some amount in Education Loan if a student died during the course?
  8. Eligibility to get an Education Loan of Rs. 20 Lacs to study MBA in UK?
  9. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan to study MS(HRD) in The University of Central Lancashire, UK if working in Dubai being an Indian? How much amount of Education Loan will be sanctioned without Guarantor?
  10. Bank deducts few amount in sanctioned education loan? Should I apply for an education loan above total expenses?
  11. How much amount will be sanctioned in Bank Education Loan to study MS in USA?
  12. Is it possible to get the education loan if I am from a poor family?
  13. Can I increase Loan amount if applied but my course fee is increased?
  14. Necessary documents required to apply for an education loan from government bank? Is it possible to get the amount of education loan before admission?
  15. Interest is charged upon total sanctioned amount or only the used amount?
  16. Am I eligible to get education loan for studying in BITS Pilani? -- [New]
  17. Education loan is possible after completing 1st semester backlog in 2nd semester of
  18. Whether State Bank of Hyderabad sanction whole required amount under Education Loan policy?
30th August 2016, 02:57 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much amount is sanctioned by Central Government for education loan this year?

According to my knowledge banks provide education loan on the basis of ranking, college.... If you are getting admitted in any reputed college then banks will provide loans easily and also large amount. But if your college is normal then, banks will sanction least amount for loans.
As per your data you are taking admission in one of the top most engineering colleges so your loan will be sanctioned easily.
30th August 2016, 08:49 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much amount is sanctioned by Central Government for education loan this year?

*Education loan comes under Priority Sector Lending of banks. Every year banks of India either private or public sector have to sanction 40% amount to different sectors of economy which come under PSL.

*Sector under PSL include agriculture, export credit, housing, MSME etc. So, central government does not give amount to banks for sanction of education loan. Banks have to fulfill 40% limit within time. Central government gives education loan subsidy to different banks during course period.

*Hence, interest loan on education loan during course period is given by Central government.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?