23rd December 2015, 02:23 AM
Unregistered

Whether rate of interest against an Education Loan is same for all Banks?

Hello Everyone,
I want to know that the rate of interest which all banks takes after providing an Education Loan is same? I have heard that it is same but couldn't find the suitable answer. Please tell me.

Related Questions:
  1. Whether rate of interest against an Education Loan is same for all Banks?
  2. IS there any interest free education loan available?
  3. Whether the rate of interest against Bank Education Loan is setup by RBI?
  4. Whether the rate of interest against Bank Education Loan is setup by RBI?
  5. Which all banks offer lowest interest rates against education loan to study B.Tech?
  6. List of Banks which offer Education Loan to study MBA in India at cheapest Interest Rates?
  7. List of Banks which offer Education Loan at low interest rates to study B.Tech in Germany?
  8. Why I have to repay with higher interest rate if opted for Fixed rate to study in Abroad through Education Loan provided by Indian Bank? Is there any Norms of RBI related to Fixed/Floating Interest Rates for Nationalized Banks?
  9. List of banks offering Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs with lowest Interest Rate? Which is advisable among Floating and Fixed rates for repayment period of 1 year?
  10. What is rate of interest of Education Loan? On what basis it is applied?
  11. Which Bank offered cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  12. Which Bank offer cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  13. List of Banks which offer Education Loan of Rs. 20 Lacs at low interest rates to study MBA in Australia?
  14. From when should I start repayment of my Education Loan taken against B.Tech course? Latest Education Loan rate of interest?
  15. List of Banks offering Education Loan to study MBBS in Philippines? Details of Interest Rate charges?
  16. Is there any curriculum of RBI in Fixed and Floating Interest rates for Nationalized Banks?
  17. Is there full scholarship available in Abroad for doing MDS?
  18. WBMDFC offers Education Loan to study B.Tech? Rate of Interest charged against Education Loan?
6th January 2016, 12:31 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether rate of interest against an Education Loan is same for all Banks?

No, the rate of interest is different for all banks.

The rate of interest will change for every year and it mainly depends on amount of loan, loan period etc..,

To know the exact details of interest rates of educational loan, approach the bank and enquire about the loan interest rates.
6th January 2016, 11:19 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Whether rate of interest against an Education Loan is same for all Banks?

No, the interest rates for educational loan for different banks are different. It’s totally depends upon bank to bank.

>>Interest to be charged at rates linked to the Base rate as decided by individual banks

>> If you take educational loan from a government bank then you have to pay more interest as the interest rate for private banks such as HDFC, Axis bank are more than government banks such as SBI, Central bank of India etc

>>If you take educational loan greater than 4 lakh then you have to pay one percent more in any bank.

>>A relaxation of 0.5% in interest will be given to girl candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?