9th April 2013, 10:51 PM
HIMANSHUAGARWAL123

Exclamation Re: Eligibility for B.Tech after Diploma?

Dear friend

Eligibility:
Candidates must have passed Diploma in Engineering with minimum 60% marks from any recognized university.

There is 5% relaxation in the marks for Sc/St community applicants

Those who are appearing for the final year Diploma will be eligible to apply the exam.

Maximum age will be 28 years.

Candidates will be admitted only to the branch in which you completed you diploma.

You can get admission in second year of B.Tech.

Hopes above will help you,
Thanks
9th April 2013, 11:52 PM
kunal61294

Default Re: Eligibility for B.Tech after Diploma?

Dear student,

It is a good decision to take admission in B.Tech after completing your Diploma in Engineering. You can join B.Tech course (regular or distance) by D2D process as you have Diploma in Engineering. B.Tech programme allows Diploma students to take entry directly into second year of engineering course.

For taking admission in B.Tech, you must have done at least 3 years diploma after 10th in any branch of engineering.

Some colleges take admission through lateral entry exams like Joint Entrance Examination of Lateral Entry (JELET), Diploma to Degree Entrance Competitive exam, etc. so you need to appear and crack these exams. Some colleges conducted their own entrance exam for getting entry.

Admission procedure varies from college to college. So you will have to contact colleges individually.

All the best !!
9th April 2013, 11:54 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hai friends……

Yes, After the diploma you can directly join in b.tech

After the complition your diploma you can directly join in b.tech 2nd year through the LEET exam.

Eligibility for LEET ;

You must have mofethen 60% in your diploma.
And age limit is not morethen 28 yrs
And no backlogs in diploma.

And you can choose diploma through the 10+3 way and 10+2+3 way then after that you can eligible for this exam.

And in india more universites are offers this admissions.

All the best
10th April 2013, 12:27 AM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

It is a good decision to take admission in B.Tech after completing your Diploma in Engineering. As you have Diploma in Engineering. B.Tech programme allows Diploma students to take entry directly into second year of engineering course.

For taking admission in B.Tech, you must have done at least 3 years diploma after 10th in any branch of engineering.

Some colleges take admission through lateral entry exams like Joint Entrance Examination of Lateral Entry (JELET), Diploma to Degree Entrance Competitive exam, etc. so you need to appear and crack these exams. Some colleges conducted their own entrance exam for getting entry.

Admission procedure varies from college to college. So you will have to contact colleges individually.

All the best !!
10th April 2013, 12:44 AM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

It is a good decision to take admission in B.Tech after completing your Diploma in Engineering. As you have Diploma in Engineering. B.Tech programme allows Diploma students to take entry directly into second year of engineering course.

All the best !!
10th April 2013, 02:16 PM
subhashrajpurohit

Friend,

If you complete your Diploma Degree then you can take admission Easily in B.Tech. Degree Course. You have to complete your Diploma Degree with Good Percentage.

You Will Get admission in 1st year of B.Tech. degree easily but if you complete your diploma degree with good percentage then yo will get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech. Degree.

You have to Face Entrance Examination LEET.

LEET - Lateral Entry Engineering Test

LEET Exam is conducted for Diploma candidates who want to get admission in B.tech courses. On the basis of LEET exam you will directly get admission to second year of B.E/B.tech. but you have to Get Good Percentage in Diploma Degree.

Syllabus::

Section A- Basic Sciences
Section B- Electronics
Section C- Mechanical
Section D- Other Engineering Streams

Good Luck........
28th June 2013, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

i have done diploma in plastics technology will i be able to do btech in mechanical engineering
28th June 2013, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

if i will do diploma in plastic technology then after that i will be able to do btech in mechanical engineeriing
26th June 2014, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

Basically i am from AP, but i have completed Diploma in Bangalore, am i eligible to written ECET in andhrapradesh. any issues if non AP diploma candidates to write ECET. please suggest ... Thanks Sumanth
5th August 2014, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have a back subject in 6th sem of diploma engineering but have 228 trade rank and 1447 general rank can i join the btech cource
7th January 2015, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

i have completed diploma with electrical branch but due to some reasion there was gap in 4sem but i had cleared it with 74.44% will i give leet exam
8th February 2015, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

hello sir,
I have one backlog in 6th semester in polytechnic dipolma mechanical branch then there is any chance to enter btech 2nd year if i complete my subject with next attempt.
21st May 2016, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

I have done diploma after 10th, got 70% in diploma so am I eligible to appear in lateral entry entrance if I have diploma with 10th certificate only?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?