10th March 2018, 05:45 AM
prateeksrivastava78

10th certificate from NIOS is valid for getting admission in 11th in CBSE or ICSE board?

Is Secondary (10th) NIOS certificate valid for getting admission in Senior Secondary (10+2) in CBSE & ICSE board? If not, then what should I do to get admission in CBSE or ICSE board as I have NIOS board certificate?

Related Questions:
  1. Whether NIOS Board is equivalent to CBSE/ICSE Board? Is it a barrier if completed 12th NIOS after 11th CBSE?
  2. Can I get admission in 11th standard of ICSE or CBSE Board if appearing in 10th NIOS Board exam?
  3. Whether a candidate is eligible to get admission in 11th CBSE if appear 10th NIOS?
  4. What is the validity of NIOS marksheet in central government jobs?
  5. Am I eligible to get admission in any Government college after completing class 10th from NIOS board?
  6. Eligibility to study abroad for higher studies after 12th from NIOS board?
  7. Can i switch to CBSE from ICSE after 11th?
  8. Can I apply for High Schooling under CBSE board having passed 10th from NIOS board? -- [New]
  9. Is NIOS 12th certificate valid for NDA exam?
  10. What is the procedure follwoed for admission in 11th ICSE board after passing 10th from NIOS?
  11. Whether a candidate will get admission in 11th ICSE after completing 10th from CBSE Board?
  12. Am I eligible to get admission in 11th standard CBSE board after completion of 10th in NIOS board? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. CBSE or ICSE, which is easier to study in 11th standard for 10th ICSE student?
  14. Is CBSE Board beneficial for getting admission in B.Tech? How subjects of CBSE Board is different from ICSE Board for 11th and 12th? Is engineering difficult for ICSE students?
  15. ICSE or CBSE, which is favourable board in 11th to study Engineering course?
  16. Admission in class 11 in ICSE or CBSE is possible after 10th from NIOS?
  17. Possibility to get admission in 11th CBSE for NIOS student?
  18. Documents required to get admission in 11th standard in Mumbai for 10th ICSE student of Jaipur?
21st March 2018, 11:52 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: 10th certificate from NIOS is valid for getting admission in 11th in CBSE or ICSE board?

The full form of NIOS is National Institute of Open Schooling.

NIOS is a central government recognized board and its certificate is fully valid for any technical course or higher studies course.

So, yes, 10th NIOS certificate is valid for getting admission in 11th CBSE or ICSE board.
22nd March 2018, 08:18 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: 10th certificate from NIOS is valid for getting admission in 11th in CBSE or ICSE board?

NIOS refers to National Institute of Open Schooling and same is one of the three national board of education apart from ICSE and CBSE.

As far as you are concerned about the validity of NIOS Class 10th passing certificate for pursuing further studies from regular board like CBSE and ICSE then I would like to let you know that NIOS board certificate is valid for any course as it is one of the national board of education and hence it's degree is acceptable everywhere.
23rd March 2018, 11:07 AM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateeksrivastava78 View Post
Is Secondary (10th) NIOS certificate valid for getting admission in Senior Secondary (10+2) in CBSE & ICSE board? If not, then what should I do to get admission in CBSE or ICSE board as I have NIOS board certificate?
I) The NIOS certificate is valid and recognzied and at par with other National and State education boards.

II) There will be an Aptitude test which is conducted by the respective board in order to admit student in class XI standard.

Some school may give direct admission to class XI based on the class X marksheet. But some of the good school conduct entrance examination which you have to clear.
24th March 2018, 01:46 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in ICSE or CBSE affiliated school in 11th std.

NIOS is a recognised board and affiliated with Ministry of Human Resource Development.

The certificate issued by the board is valid to get recruitment in jobs and for admission in higher studies institutes.
27th April 2020, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

Is 10th certificate from NIOS valid in ITI or polytechnic institutes?
23rd December 2022, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

10th certificate from BOSSE Sikkim is valid for getting admission in 11th in Tamil nadu board
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?