8th September 2010, 02:45 PM
bapuram

Default Re: GATE 2010 Application Form

DEAR FRIEND,
Application Format is as follows:

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2010
Online Application Form
Reference No. 3J3T2LGA
Please note down the REFERENCE NO. for future use.
1. Name of the Candidate as in 10th Class Certificate
Fill in your name in CAPITAL LETTERS as recorded in the High School (Class 10th) certificate by your Board/University/Institute. If you qualify in GATE, your name in the GATE scorecard will appear exactly as filled in the Application Form. Any change in the name/surname at any stage has to be duly supported by a proper affidavit.
NOTE: In case, your name has more than 30 characters (including blanks), abbreviate it suitably to accommodate within the space provided.
2. Name of Parent
Fill in the name of your mother or father in CAPITAL LETTERS.
NOTE: In case, your parent's name has more than 30 characters (including blanks), abbreviate it suitably to accommodate within the space provided.
3. Date of Birth
formatted as dd/mm/yyyy
Type your date of birth as given in your High School (Class 10th) certificate in the format dd/mm/yyyy for example 10/04/1987.
4. Gender
Male
Female

5. Nationality
Indian
Foreigner

6. Category

SC

ST

OBC (non creamy layer)

GN
Upload Category Certificate (JPEG).
I shall post the attested copy of certificate.
SC: Scheduled Caste, ST: Scheduled Tribe, OBC: Other Backward Class (non creamy layer), GN: All others
NOTE: Candidate claiming concession under SC/ST categories must upload a recently attested scanned SC/ST Category Certificate issued by a competent authority (see section 4.3 of GATE-2010 Information brochure). Maximum permitted size of the Certificate file is 1 MB. If the Certificate is found improper, the application will be rejected.
7. Person with Disability

Yes
No
Upload PD Certificate (JPEG)
I shall post the attested copy of certificate

NOTE: Candidate claiming concession under PD category must upload/send a recently attested scanned PD disablity Certificate issued by appropriate medical authority. Maximum permitted size of the certificate file is 1 MB. Applications with improper Disability Certificate will be rejected. If any PD candidate requires the services of an Amanuensis, he/she must write to Chairman GATE, separately.
8. Choice of GATE Paper
Choose the appropriate option.
9. Choice of Examination Cities 1st Choice

2nd Choice

Fill in your choice of two Examination Cities by selecting state and the city in order of preference as 1st choice and 2nd choice.
10. Qualifying Degree
B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc. (Engg.)/B.Sc.(Tech.)/B.Arch./B.Pharm.

Integrated M.E./M.Tech./Dual Degree

M.Sc./M.C.A./M.A.

Professional (AMIE by IE(I), AMICE by ICE(I) etc.)

11. Year of Degree
Year of passing / appearing in the qualifying degree examination.
12. Discipline Code
Fill in the Discipline Code of the qualifying degree/program. For a list click here.

13. State/Union Territory of Permanent Residence
The Indian State/Union Territory of your permanent residence.
14. Mobile/Landline Phone with STD Code
Fill in mobile phone number/ landline number with the STD code (including 0), at which you can be contacted.
15a. College Code
Fill in the College Code of the college/institution, where you have studied or are studying for the qualifying degree. For a list click here.
NOTE: If the qualifying degree (Item 10) is Professional, then Item 15 (a and b) need not be filled.
15b. PIN CODE of College Address
Fill in the PIN CODE of the College/Institution where you have studied or are studying for the qualifying degree.
NOTE: If the qualifying degree (Item 10) is Professional, then Item 15 (a and b) need not be filled.
16. PIN CODE of Address for Correspondence
Fill in the PIN CODE of your address of correspondence.
17. Address for Correspondence House/Building No.

Street Addr1

Street Addr2

City, State

Write your postal address in CAPITAL LETTERS. The address should NOT include your name and Pincode. NOTE: This address will be used directly in all correspondence including mailing of ADMIT CARD and SCORECARD. The address should not exceed 30 letters in each line.
18. Photograph

Upload Photo
I don't have digital image

Attach a good quality digital color photograph (JPEG). The size of the photograph should be 3cm X 4cm (scanned at minimum resolution of 200 DPI or 240x360 pixels). Maximum permitted size of the photograph file is 100KB. The uploaded photograph will appear on the admit card as well as the scorecard. The photograph should not be attested or signed by anyone. Select "I don't have digital image" if you would rather send the photograph by post.
19. Signature

Upload Signature
I don't have scanned signature

Attach a good quality signature image (JPEG). The size of the image should be 5.5cm X 1.2cm (scanned at minimum resolution of 200 DPI or 440x100 pixels). Maximum permitted size of the image file is 40KB. Select "I don't have scanned signature" if you would rather send the signature by post.
20. DECLARATION BY THE CANDIDATE I hereby declare that all the particulars stated in this application are true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I have read the Information Brochure and I shall abide by the terms and conditions therein. In the event of suppression or distortion of any fact in my application form, I understand that I will be denied the opportunity to appear in GATE 2010. Further, if any such suppression or distortion of facts is found after appearing in the examination, any admission/degree acquired on the basis of GATE 2010 score is liable to be cancelled.
Place:

Date:

Email Address:

Payment Details
Amount

(Select Any One)
Demand Draft (Draft must be in the name of chairman GATE, IIT Kanpur Payable at Kanpur.)
Draft No.
Date
formatted as dd/mm/yyyy Issuing Bank
Payble At

Online Payment through HDFC payment gateway using Credit Cards or Debit/ATM Cards (VISA or MasterCard)

Online Payment through SBI payment gateway using Maestro ATM cards

good luck
9th September 2010, 01:12 AM
sayan550

Dear frnd,

you can take your necessary information and details from here...

1. http://entrance-exam.net/gate-2009/
2. http://www.winentrance.com/engineering_entrance_exam/gate/GATE-Application-form.html

second link is more vital......check it out..........
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE2010_InfoBrochure.pdf(2.62 MB, 75 views)
6th October 2010, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

NUMBER OF CHARACTERS IN MY NAME IS LARGER THAN LETTERS PROVIDED IN GATE 2011 APPLICAION FORM. WHAT SHOULD I DO? PLEASE HELP ME.
16th October 2010, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

SIR I HAVE MISSED ONE BUBBLE IN MY GATE 2011 FORM WILL MY FORM WILL BE REJECTED
20th October 2010, 12:03 AM
shreem

send me the website for download offline application form
25th October 2010, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

hi

i applied for online application ! after completind filling form i have download the form !now i will send it through speed post ! tell me neccessary document attach with gate 2011 form
31st October 2010, 07:54 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

gate 2010 has gone.

you may try in gate 2011 exam.

Last date of submitting the application forms of GATE 2011

online- 2nd november 2010.

offline-27th octobar, 2010.

all the best......
8th December 2010, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

i have missed to take the gate form in october so when can i take next time and do you no when is the pgcet and when should i take the form for that
18th March 2012, 09:46 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

last date has already expired ......so try for it next time......... or you can even try for private institutes having their own entrance exams........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?