8th December 2015, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

How to rectify mistake in GATE application form?

Sir,
I have made a mistake in the application form of Gate. In the column of filling Graduation details I have pressed the 'NO' button accidentally. But in the next column I have given the year of my graduation. I have completed my graduation. In this regard I want to know how this mistake can be made correct since my transaction is also over.

9th December 2015, 10:26 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to rectify mistake in GATE application form?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have made a mistake in the application form of Gate. In the column of filling Graduation details I have pressed the 'NO' button accidentally. But in the next column I have given the year of my graduation. I have completed my graduation. In this regard I want to know how this mistake can be made correct since my transaction is also over.

Your registered E-Mail ID or Mobile number cannot be changed after the submission of the application. However, some minor mistakes may can able to change. However, please contact the nearest Zonal GATE Office or Email to Zonal GATE Office for any major mistakes need to change.

Contact Information:

Phone: +91 3222 282093
+91 3222 282094
+91 3222 282091

Fax : +91 3222 278243
E-mail: [email protected]
9th December 2015, 01:56 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

When the candidate has made a mistake while filing up an online application, the examination conduction authority will provide a chance to rectify the mistakes in application form.

But as such now the last date for corrections of mistake is over.

After the completion of last date one cannot rectify the mistakes and your application form will be rejected.
9th December 2015, 02:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to contact the GATE conducting institute for the correction process. You will get the contact details from the prospectus or from the official website of GATE 2016. Now your application process is complete and payment is done, therefore, nothing much you can do now.

It will be in the hand of the conducting institute. Contact them as soon as possible about this error. Although it is not a major mistake and it will be resolved in my opinion. For more information visit http://www.gate-2016.in
9th December 2015, 02:54 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

There is notification on webpage before submitting GATE application form that please check all details once again as you will not be able to correct any mistake made in form. So, it is not possible for you to make any further rectification.

However, GATE 2016 will be conducted by IISC, Bangalore. You can write to examination conducting authority regarding your mistake so that in case of any problem, they will take your mistake in account.
9th December 2015, 06:30 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There is no such provision to rectify your mistakes in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Once the application is submitted in GATE exam, it is clearly mentioned that you will not be able to make any further correction in form.
15th September 2017, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have already filled up the online form and submitted...And transactions are all over...But one mistake which i did unknowingly was that i gave my photograph with red background...But I knew about dis later only.
Please do give me a solution so that i can overcome my problem.The exam pressures are also high and i really don't know what to do about this.
9th October 2017, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Sir, By mistake I uploaded my community certificate , instead of Eligibility certificate(Provisional certificate). How to edit this application form..?
Today is the last date ,so what can i do...?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?