1st May 2011, 03:26 AM
kishoreb4

Default Re: Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

hi,
definitely TCS is better one friend.it is the top most company in india.

Related Questions:
  1. How to join a reputed IT company like Infosys, Cognizant, TCS or Accenture after graduating from Electronics?
  2. What type of company related questions are asked in Cognizant interview?
  3. Can I get job in TCS being an employee of Cognizant and worked as a Part Timer in Genpact?
  4. Internship for 1 month in TCS, Cognizant, IBM and Infosys for B.Tech(CSE) 4th semester student?
  5. Which company to join as fresher Cognizant or Infosys?
  6. List of Companies which is a better Cognizant, Wipro, TCS based on Salary, Security and Work-Life balance, in USA Only?
  7. Cognizant or Infosys? Whcih company is better?
  8. Why TCS, Wipro, Cognizant and Accenture are not hiring correspondence B.Tech candidates?
  9. What is a better company between Oracle and Cognizant?
  10. Eligibility to get job in Cognizant, TCS, Wipro and iGATE for a candidate who has completed 10th in 2 attempts?
  11. How to join a core company while working with cognizant?
  12. Whether Cognizant is a better company in comparison to Honeywell or not? -- [New]
  13. Should I look for other companies if selected in TCS? What will be my salary in any other company after 2 years of worked experience in TCS?
  14. Should I quite my job for TCS? Currently I am working in a small company and now I having TCS offer
  15. Can I get placed in Cognizant company after scoring 58% in 10th and above 60% in 12th?
  16. Can I attend 2nd slot of Interview organized by CTS if didn't attend 1st one?
  17. Expected salary after 2 years of experience in TCS and Cognizant?
  18. Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS? -- [Most Discussed]
1st May 2011, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi I was Cognizant employee previously and now i have joined TCS...is it better to continue in TCS or go back to Cognizant as, there are many cuttings in the package given by TCS. The basic is less compared to CTS. HRA by CTS is 60% for tax exemption and the admin maintainence is very good compared to TCS (really 1000 times better than TCS). Taking these factors can any one suggest whether to be with CTS or TCS?

Even though it is 60 % u can claim only 40 % , if i am not wrong
3rd May 2011, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

CTS is much better than TCS
3rd May 2011, 01:08 PM
Gita Irudhayaraj
Senior Member+

hi friend, TCS is NO.1 position. It has new applications And Work Pressure is less.

1) Work Place is good;
and it has many good features for employees.
4th May 2011, 03:14 AM
Unregistered

I myslef used to work in Cognizant at a senior .
I strongly feel that there is lot of regionalism in Cognizant. Promotions and onsite opportunities are provided not based on capabilities but favaorism. People from a particulat state and community are given preference (Tamil brahams to be more precise).
and its really annoyign to see talent going unnoticed and other people promoted out of turns.
4th May 2011, 08:05 AM
Unregistered

Alice,
Which company is better Cognizant OR Infosys?
4th May 2011, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by subho19 View Post
Dear friend,
TCS and CTS both are good in software industry,but TCS has a good reputation in market and also salary level is higher than CTS,where as CTS is a average class company,many common students can get a chance in CTS,and has a job secutity is more than TCS
yes u r correct TCS is good in salary and job security and also we will get benifits in all tata products
5th May 2011, 03:16 AM
Unregistered

cts is best company to join
6th May 2011, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

Hey am a cts employee.. Its a great place to work.. CTS has crossed wipro in its revenue in this Q1 result 2011 and it will be the top IT firm with in two years swapping infy in terms of revenue,client and employee strength.
7th May 2011, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

I m currently working for tcs...and its a very good company....it is not that bcoz i m working there so i m saying this....Really it provides more job security and higher salary package..my package is more than most of my frnds who got selected with me for other companies....So may projects are there......u just think of anything and tcs is there...more than 2 lakh employess......good reputation,,,,less pressure,,,nice training to the freshers.......gud onsite opportunities...and most important is job satisfaction.......Most of the employees of tcs say that they dont want to leave tcs............i dont know much about cts.........so i will not comment..
7th May 2011, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

I m currently working for tcs...and its a very good company....it is not that bcoz i m working there so i m saying this....Really it provides more job security and higher salary package..my package is more than most of my frnds who got selected with me for other companies....So may projects are there......u just think of anything and tcs is there...more than 2 lakh employess......good reputation,,,,less pressure,,,nice training to the freshers.......gud onsite opportunities...and most important is job satisfaction.......Most of the employees of tcs say that they dont want to leave tcs............i dont know much about cts.........so i will not comment..
7th May 2011, 06:32 PM
vin1

10th May 2011, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

hey who tld u all..cts is the king of IT....okay..no one can refuse it...ha ha ha ha
13th May 2011, 03:12 AM
Unregistered

Stop comparison....join any company...and try to learn something....otherwise you will be f*
13th May 2011, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

which company is better CTS or WIPRO please give reply immediately
15th May 2011, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

hi all.....

Stop fighting men..... :). Now a days all companies are good, but before joining read the policies carefully. politics are every where infy, wipro, tcs, hcl, cts and so on.. but we have to survive.... :) dude just keep focus on your work. try to learn something..... Politics are for them who wants to take the retirement from the same company. but now the time is different .... so for rntry just go into any organization..... good luck.
16th May 2011, 09:16 AM
Unregistered

I have got a job as INformation security admin with a stipend of 1.2 till 3months of training. But i have to sign a bond of 2yrs in case if i break than i have to pay 75000/-..????
what should i do guyz...???
17th May 2011, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

is cognizant the best place to work?
18th May 2011, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

If you are a fresher, it does not matter if it is TCS or CTS. but CTS provides better learning scope.
18th May 2011, 09:48 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamjumtct View Post
can anyone tell me which is the best with supported information according to current scenario means post recession,salary hike,promotions,onsite project opportunity?
Hii,

sure TCS is the best company because its a gov. side.

But their is a question from which technology you want to work ..
choose the company to take in mind this also...

Good luck.
Thanks,
Anku r
19th May 2011, 12:39 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
is cognizant the best place to work?
hiii,

If you have any other option then you think whois best and who is not ..
If you compare from TCS then its your choice , you choose brand name so TCS is as good as CTS or you choose as per your knowledge so you learn many more thing in CTS..

thanks,
anku r
20th May 2011, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

i think tcs is far better compared to cts......in tcs u get a handsome salary.....job satisfaction........job security....and a lot more.......moreover tcs is now the no 1 sftware company in india............
23rd May 2011, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
i think tcs is far better compared to cts......in tcs u get a handsome salary.....job satisfaction........job security....and a lot more.......moreover tcs is now the no 1 sftware company in india............
Hi..
Everyone is saying tcs is better as it is no1 IT company in india but look global rating i.e FORTUNE 500. CTS ranket 483 and TCS rate 842.
So, in my view CTS is better.
24th May 2011, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

recently i joined in cts. in CTS , Work pressure is high. all projects are having more work pressure. u can choose tcs.
26th May 2011, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

The pity of Indian software engineers is their English language capability. Look at the above comments, you can feel so. Improve upon yourselves first before commenting on companies.
26th May 2011, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

I worked both in TCS and CTS. TCS is much more conservative and career growth is very slow, all depends on strict policies and market. But in Cognizant you can grow faster if you wish (work hard) to grow. Now a days CTS has crossed Wipro and its YoY growth is beating all market's expectation.
27th May 2011, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

A few remarks or CTS and TCS by fellows shows that they are not aware of the fact. Possibly someone may be with a company and has received relevant treatment has opted for the other one must be good. No dear, as few wise men have advised and pointed out that your deed will decide your future and perks from the company. There is no reason as to why a company will not reward you if you are a good worker or do your job sincerely. Actually, we are eager to get more from your employers without taking into consideration our role for that. So try not to compare between two companies, try to compare between to professionals who is doing good and who is not doing so good.
30th May 2011, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1057 View Post
dear friend,
TCS company is better than Cognizant company.TCS company is no.1 software company in India.
Good Luck!

TCS is World Top 10 MNC Company.
2nd June 2011, 02:28 AM
Unregistered

Hey Guys only 1 person can answer that question well: The one who has worked with TCS as well as CTS for a while. Only then can he identify the difference between the two. And Im not sure if theres ny1 from the above posts who has worked with both TCS and CTS.
2nd June 2011, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

wheather passport is very important in cts on joining date
5th June 2011, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

could some one plz help me out i have been placed in infosys and veizon data service limited can any one suggest which is better plz do reply
5th June 2011, 10:32 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

Comparison between TCS and Cognizant

is by no means a good idea, Both of them are best companies

TCS is the largest consultancy firm and cognizant is close 4th,

and will soon overtake wipro to become 3rd possibly in this quarter itself.

so its totally a "head and tails choice"

i.e. you can join anyone, both of them are at same level

TCS is a little bit more old and reputed firm although
6th June 2011, 03:44 AM
prathap.thula

Thumbs up Re: Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

Hello My dear friend,

Comparitively TCS and CTS both are same, coming to your question

Post Recession:
During and Post recession CTS is very gud, even CTS does not fire any employee during recession. And during and after recession CTS turnover is very good even in the recession they got about 30% of more turnover comparing to the previous year (before recession.), even though TCS is in the best rank, comparing to the last 2 or 3 years turnover percentage increase is very gud for CTS than CTS.

Salary Hike:
Salary hike in cts is most probably same as TCS, we can say not much difference but incase incentives and other benfits like annual gift CTS is very good.

Promotions:
Coming to Promotions thats depends upon your performance and louck in both of the companies. Even though you are doing very good work if you are not able to show case the work to your manager, you will have less chances to get promotion. Show it is only depends upon your performance. But coming to the common scenario since last 2years CTS is giving very more no. of promotions comparing to TCS.

Onsite Project Opportunity:
This also same like promotions, it depends upon your performance and louck. As per my knowledge In both CTS and TCS same percentage of onsite opportunities. But it is little bit easy to get onsite opportunity in CTS.

If you are lateral you will get good Hike in CTS than TCS.

Work pressure in CTS / TCS is same, thats depends upon the project only. We can't say work pressure in cts is high or tcs is high that is only depends upon project.

So finally I am suggesting you as per the current situation CTS is good even you are fresher or lateral.

ALL THE BEST
6th June 2011, 04:04 AM
prathap.thula

Quote:
Even though it is 60 % u can claim only 40 % , if i am not wrong
Hi,

Obviously CTS is very good comparing to TCS. But anyway you already joined in TCS, so continue there for atleast one year and then you can go back to CTS then you will get much more salary hike.

In current situation CTS is giving very good no. of promotions and salary hikes and incentives. Coming to HRA even though they are considering less than CTS, coming to the tax exemption for Insurance policy according to 80C, you can get tax excemption for your parents insurance policies also in TCS where as you dont have that option in CTS.

If you worked on weekends you will get extra money for most of the projects in CTS. In TCS tax and other deductions from the salary is varies every month where as in CTS it is constant. So dont take the decision by seeing one month salary structure, wait and analyse it.

ALL THE BEST
13th June 2011, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

how is the job security in cts for trainees ..... will they sack anyone in mfrp(part of training).......
15th June 2011, 01:05 AM
shekharrai

Hi dear,

I have asked the similar question "Which is better Cognizant or Wipro" from 10 well placed IT & Software Professionals 6/10 voted for Cognizant.....!

Lets see what all 6 says why Cognizant is better:-

1) If someone wanted and promissing IT & Sofware career in Northern part of the country then nothing is better then Cognizant.

2) In the quarter ended June 2010, Cognizant grew its revenue sequentially by 15.2% while the Big Three struggled to even reach double-digits.

3) Job satisfaction + Healthy work enviroment.

4) Not a single Indian offshore service provider has been placed in the top category, which is strong positive reason except Cognizant.

5) Handsome pay package as compared to Wipro.

6) After IBM I will rate Cognizant.

Hope now it will be easier for you to take dicision.

Thanks
21st June 2011, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

which company is better Honeywell or cognizent
21st June 2011, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

It depends yaar .. i worked for both TCS & CTS. I like both the companies as they paid good for my knowledge.

Can you tell me a single place running without politics? .. everywhere game!!!!
Just ignore it and run your peaceful life.

Do your duty and look for good; All companies know how to respect thier own employess. Timing may vary but i will be fruitful.
I know lot of friends who jumped out for good pay and thereafter they waited for next hike atleast 2 yrs where things are compensated.

Be cheerful and dont ever compare others with you for only pay/hike.
we all are talented and defintely time comes to you to fly skyhigh.
But for that "DO YOUR DUTY at right time" ...
21st June 2011, 12:24 PM
fortunethiyagu

It depends yaar .. i worked for both TCS & CTS. I like both the companies as they paid good for my knowledge.

Can you tell me a single place running without politics? .. everywhere game!!!!
Just ignore it and run your peaceful life.

Do your duty and look for good; All companies know how to respect thier own employess. Timing may vary but i will be fruitful.
I know lot of friends who jumped out for good pay and thereafter they waited for next hike atleast 2 yrs where things are compensated.

Be cheerful and dont ever compare others with you for only pay/hike.
we all are talented and defintely time comes to you to fly skyhigh.
But for that "DO YOUR DUTY at right time" ...
26th June 2011, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

As a Cognizant employee I will suggest Cognizant is the the best in every aspect........
29th June 2011, 05:55 PM
littleheart09

why are you asking are you going to buy
infosys excellant salary but job security is not high
in tcs job security is high and good salary
cts both are equal you choose any one
30th June 2011, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

I m not in a position to determine which is a better org.
But like a coin, evrything has 2 aspects...good n bad, strength n weakness.
TCS has a better package,job security,less pressure.
Both the cos. have high growth potential,n provide great opportunities...n r best suited for freshers.Both the co. are best at their own ground.
Work pressr is high in CTS.but it has many other pros too.
Join any of the 2, n u will never regret.
good luck !
....gg
3rd July 2011, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

I think both are witches. I opt for 6 laks for my 3 trs experience. But none of them ready to pay more than 5 laks. So i prefered Infy they offered me 5.8 laks
5th July 2011, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

which company is best?CTS or ACCENTURE
5th July 2011, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=anupamjumtct;101046]can anyone tell me which is the best with supported information according to current scenario means post recession,salary hike,promotions,onsite project opportunity?[/Q

CTS...
8th July 2011, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

[QUOTE=Unregistered;162715]I prefer Infosys. [/QUOTE

onsite opportunities are very less
8th July 2011, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

I give fake salary certificate to both cts ans tcs..now i got job oppurtunity in both the companies....is there problem coimng after i joined there in any one company wat did they do....is that possible to get my salary details from previous company..its urgent..pleasre respond
9th July 2011, 02:46 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamjumtct View Post
can anyone tell me which is the best with supported information according to current scenario means post recession,salary hike,promotions,onsite project opportunity?
dear friend,

both company are MNC and also hold the best position in world.

because both company have good employee , goog increment ,best market value etc .

but from my opinion you should go for CTS because their is huge chance to go on site.

all the best
15th July 2011, 06:17 AM
Unregistered

I am working in a bpo at present and i got a offer in cts and i dont have my 10 and 12th markcards with me as i did not clear the exam.What can be done.
19th July 2011, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

TCS is full of politics . If you wish go ahead of your career as a technical person, TCS is not the right place. Managers are appreciated compared to technical skill.
CTS is ok. It has open policies so that you can easily adapt.

I prefer CTS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?