19th August 2010, 06:25 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Default Re: Why is IIT so popular?

Who does want to earn big money !! joining iit i think is the best possible way to get a good technical job,better scope of practical activities,high salary

and the best way to win your parents heart to study hard and join IIT

and in IIT we will be in a better studying environment with facilities of international standards..

IITs also give great emphasis on sports and entertainment and functions..
20th August 2010, 08:54 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
In india thera are very few IIT institute and we have to secure under 10000 rank to get success in IIT entrance examination .
it's superior among all examinations because of it's high reasonable quality questions with promptness , placements are very good.
way to learning students are very good.
Lab & equipment facility is very good.
studies in international labels.
good faculties.
others,you can get scholarship from those institute,that can help u very much.
good luck
5th September 2010, 02:22 PM
avinash kr.
Banned

iit is popular because it provide high quality education in technology stream. it give good palacement for pass out batch. so iit is most popular in india . thanking you
6th February 2011, 04:01 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Friend;
Indian Institute of technology is the best institute of India which provide standard quality education in the science and technology. It has total fifteen college in india situated in different cities. IIT give batter study enviornment and facilities for own student. So IIT college is popular.
For more information please see the official website of IIT JEE.
all the best.
8th February 2011, 12:00 AM
aryabhatta

dear

if something becomes popular then because of its standard of teaching, IIT's are the premier education institution for many decades because of its unique curriculum and teaching methodology.It had set an example for other institution as well
8th February 2011, 02:31 PM

Dear,
IIT- INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY....... is the most popular & prestigious technological institute of India. Every engineering aspirant seeks to get chance in IIT not only because it is well known but all the IITs provide the best education , faculty, & creates a real engineer. However all the IITs are best but still among them Mumbai IIT is the best & Kharagpur IIT in West Bengal is the first IIT established in India & it has the maximum number of streams.
27th February 2011, 09:43 PM
danish_khurana

Lightbulb Re: Why is IIT so popular?

IIT is the most prestigious institute.

it requires all faculties.

it provides good education.

it helps to strong up base of a candidate.

that's why IIT is popular.
1st November 2011, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

which group can we prefer for our under graduates
27th December 2011, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can u tell me about iit &what we do after this.why it is very popular? i want to know about man air hostess.

Dude....first of all, I am not an IIT freak who just worships the IITs....I myself tried for it for a week or two.....but soon left the prospect of IIT and went to MIT with scolarship (my problem was the chemistry subject and you don't have to selct chemistry to get into MIT. AND IT'S MY OWN INDIVIDUAL PROBLEM. DOESN'T APPLY TO ALL).

But, to answer your question, IITs are so popular because of a number of reason :
1. Govt. funded - the child has to pay far less amount and recieve high-quality education while he is financially backed by govt.
2. Good infrastructure - they have an amazing establishment of infrastructure which, if not the best, is certainly one of the best in the world (and you get it without spending Rs. 1 Crore on education, without any scolarships necessary)
3. Established Reputation
4. Highly competitive entrance - unlike many other institutes....they don't test your interest and actual knowledge about the course you opt for but you have to go through a super-tuff Examination for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. This utter competitiveness brings out a deluxe feeling to the aspirant and hance attracts more of them.
5. Placements - though there have been far less startups originating from the IITs....the placement of students in various companies is overwhelming. Companies like Facebook offer upto 70 lacs of annual salaries to students.
6. Faculty - they have a nice lot of professors who are well trained and sxperts in their fields.

Simply put, if you're good at Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (no english and logical reasoning required) you can well try to get into IIT as it is a potential plus-point in becoming a steward.
27th December 2011, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

Dude....first of all, I am not an IIT freak who just worships the IITs....I myself tried for it for a week or two.....but soon left the prospect of IIT and went to MIT with scolarship (my problem was the chemistry subject and you don't have to selct chemistry to get into MIT. AND IT'S MY OWN INDIVIDUAL PROBLEM. DOESN'T APPLY TO ALL).

But, to answer your question, IITs are so popular because of a number of reason :
1. Govt. funded - the child has to pay far less amount and recieve high-quality education while he is financially backed by govt.
2. Good infrastructure - they have an amazing establishment of infrastructure which, if not the best, is certainly one of the best in the world (and you get it without spending Rs. 1 Crore on education, without any scolarships necessary)
4. Highly competitive entrance - unlike many other institutes....they don't test your interest and actual knowledge about the course you opt for but you have to go through a super-tuff Examination for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. This utter competitiveness brings out a deluxe feeling to the aspirant and hance attracts more of them.
5. Placements - though there have been far less startups originating from the IITs....the placement of students in various companies is overwhelming. Companies like Facebook offer upto 70 lacs of annual salaries to students.
6. Faculty - they have a nice lot of professors who are well trained and sxperts in their fields.

Simply put, if you're good at Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (no english and logical reasoning required) you can well try to get into IIT as it is a potential plus-point in becoming a steward.
28th December 2011, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Dude....first of all, I am not an IIT freak who just worships the
IITs....I myself tried for it for a week or two.....but soon left the
prospect of IIT and went to MIT with scolarship (my problem was the
chemistry subject and you don't have to selct chemistry to get into
MIT. AND IT'S MY OWN INDIVIDUAL PROBLEM. DOESN'T APPLY TO ALL).

But, to answer your question, IITs are so popular because of a number
of reason :
1. Govt. funded - the child has to pay far less amount and recieve
high-quality education while he is financially backed by govt.
2. Good infrastructure - they have an amazing establishment of
infrastructure which, if not the best, is certainly one of the best in
the world (and you get it without spending Rs. 1 Crore on education,
without any scolarships necessary)
4. Highly competitive entrance - unlike many other institutes....they
don't test your interest and actual knowledge about the course you opt
for but you have to go through a super-tuff Examination for Physics,
Chemistry and Mathematics. This utter competitiveness brings out a
deluxe feeling to the aspirant and hance attracts more of them.
5. Placements - though there have been far less startups originating
from the IITs....the placement of students in various companies is
overwhelming. Companies like Facebook offer upto 70 lacs of annual
salaries to students.
6. Faculty - they have a nice lot of professors who are well trained
and sxperts in their fields.

Simply put, if you're good at Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (no
english and logical reasoning required) you can well try to get into
IIT as it is a potential plus-point in becoming a steward.
15th February 2012, 09:50 PM
puchu007

first of all we do not say 'man air hostess' . for man we have 'flying stuart' and for woman we have 'air hostess' .you may apply after twelfth for flying stuart.
IIT is indian institute of technology thus is a b.tech program . It takes entrance exams in which all over India students give exams we have in all twelve institutes of IIT thus we have to secure under 10000 rank to get success it's superior among all examinations because of it's high reasonable quality questions with promptness , placements are wonderful .It prepares high quality technitions IITIANS get good job with awsome salary all this made it so popular.
16th March 2012, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

how to became aeronautical engineer????
24th May 2013, 01:25 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

Its the premier engineering institute of India.
Best engineering knowledge you can gain in India.
Admission is via IIT JEE exam. Competition level and toughness of question paper is too high. Only the best brain make it to IIT.

Also Ministry of HRD takes care of IIT. Centrally funded. It has the best faculty and best infrastructure. It also has the best placement.

Also it has a very huge and reputed alumni base working in most recognized and reputed institute.

all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?