13th August 2011, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Criteria to become income tax officer?

i am student of arts streem. and i want become a income tex officer. it is possible?
27th August 2011, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

i am completed my degree in engineering field.....i wanted to know complete process of exam for income tax officer (through SSC)
please give me guidance....if possible send me email at : [email protected]
thank you
30th August 2011, 07:51 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

to clear the preliminary exam to appear for the Main exam which is followed by an interview.

You have a bachelor's degree to be eligible for the examination.
Maximum age limit to write the exam is 27 years.

For more information, do visit the official website of Staff Selection Commission
www.ssc-cr.org
31st August 2011, 12:48 AM
cool.cristae

Hi dear,

To become income tax officer, there are two options -

Firstly, Apply for Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC, after clear this exams you will be selected as Income Tax Officer in government department.

And secondly, Appear in the Combined Graduate level examination conducted by Staff Selection Commission SSC, to get selected in ITO.

So, S.S.C. conducts examination every year for recruitment to Income Tax Department. The examination is held once a year, generally in the month of April. So please always check the employement papers for more detail and if you have clear the written test and interview then you have selected as a Income Tax Officer.

The examination consists of -

Written examination

Interview for Personality Test for such candidates as may qualify in the written test.

The subjects of the examination are as follows-

General English

Arithmetical Ability

General Intelligence

General Awareness.
Thanks
31st August 2011, 10:12 PM
immadikondalarao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
please tell me ,which exam to be held for income tax officer,currently i pursuing icwai
hai,

Firstly, Apply for Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC, after clear this exams you will be selected as Income Tax Officer in government department.

And secondly, Appear in the Combined Graduate level examination conducted by Staff Selection Commission SSC, to get selected in ITO.

So, S.S.C. conducts examination every year for recruitment to Income Tax Department. The examination is held once a year, generally in the month of April. So please always check the employement papers for more detail and if you have clear the written test and interview then you have selected as a Income Tax Officer.

Written examination

Interview for Personality Test for such candidates as may qualify in the written test.

General English

Arithmetical Ability

General Intelligence

General Awareness.

all the best
31st August 2011, 10:13 PM
immadikondalarao

Quote:
respested sir,
m doing b.com-2nd year from taxation........................is i am eligible for SSC exam?
hai,

Written examination

General English

Arithmetical Ability

General Intelligence

General Awareness.

all the best
31st August 2011, 10:14 PM
immadikondalarao

Quote:
sir, i want know how to apply income tax officer & last date of apply
hai,

Written examination

General English

Arithmetical Ability

General Intelligence

General Awareness.

all the best
31st August 2011, 10:15 PM
immadikondalarao

Quote:
please tell me ,which exam to be held for income tax officer,currently i pursuing icwai
hai,

Written examination

General English

Arithmetical Ability

General Intelligence

General Awareness.

all the best
21st October 2011, 07:03 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

For become a INCOME TAX OFFICER , a candidate must have to qualify the CGLE EXAM(COMBINED GRADUATION LEVEL EXAM) conducted by SSC (SERVICE SELECTION COMMISSION) every year.

for apply in this exam you must have graduation degree from a recognized college, what ever may be the stream is ..

the age limit for this exam is 18-27,.
there are 5 & 3 years of age relaxations are applicable for the SC\ST & OBC candidates respectively.
Exam pattern of CGLE exam---
30th October 2011, 01:13 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

if you are intersted to become an income tax officer below is the detail for that:
Age: your age must be between 18 to 25 and it is relaxable if you belong to any backward class.
Educational Qualifications: you should have a degree for the exam.
Physical Standards:Height 157.5 cms,Chest 81 cms
Physical Test:
Walking 1600 metres in 15 minutes
Cycling 8 Km in 30 minutes
Syllabus:General Intelligence,General English,Arithmetical Ability,General Awareness
31st October 2011, 10:46 AM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hi dear
To become an income tax officer you will have to answer an exam called Staff selection commission also known as S.S.C. The entrance exam is generally held in April month. For updated news about this exam subscribe to employment news and check it daily during peak months.

The exam basically consists of a written exam and if you qualify you will be called for an interview

The subjects are General English,General Intelligence,General Awareness,Arithmetical Ability.
thank you
31st October 2011, 08:08 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

some Eligibility such as:

1.Qualification:

a)you should have any degree of a recognized University, or equivalent.
as you have done graduation in B.Com ,so you are positively eligible.

2.Age:

a:Your age should not be not less than 18 years and not greater than 27 years on the first July of the year of examination

b) The age limit for the posts of Inspector of Income Tax, is 18-27 years

3.Physical Standards (Minimum)

a)Height :157.5cm

b)Chest :81cm ,fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cm

c)Physical Test:

i)Walking:1600 meters in 15 minutes

ii)Cycling:8 Km in 30 minutes
Attached Files
File Type: pdf income tax.pdf(37.5 KB, 64 views)
31st October 2011, 11:14 PM
imcool.raone

Hi dear,

To become an income tax officer you will have to answer an exam called Staff selection commission also known as S.S.C. The entrance exam is generally held in April month. For updated news about this exam subscribe to employment news and check it daily during peak months.

The exam basically consists of a written exam and if you qualify you will be called for an interview

The subjects are General English,General Intelligence,General Awareness,Arithmetical Ability
Thanks
5th November 2011, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitkumarramesh View Post
if you are intersted to become an income tax officer below is the detail for that:
Age: your age must be between 18 to 25 and it is relaxable if you belong to any backward class.
Educational Qualifications: you should have a degree for the exam.
Physical Standards:Height 157.5 cms,Chest 81 cms
Physical Test:
Walking 1600 metres in 15 minutes
Cycling 8 Km in 30 minutes
Syllabus:General Intelligence,General English,Arithmetical Ability,General Awareness
sir how can i apply for this post????
i am now in my last year of bsc degree... tell me the exam which i need to appear??? also tell me where should i get the form for that exam and for further information....
17th November 2011, 03:08 PM
garimaaggarwal999

yes, u can do.first of all,you have to clear the ssc and if you cleared the written exam,interview also then you can apply for main exam
best of luck
5th January 2012, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

What percentage is required in graduation for income tex officer
25th March 2012, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

In Income Tax Diparmet have any require going on?
2nd April 2012, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

hi

what eligibility of income tax officer sent on my mail id [email protected]
15th April 2012, 06:33 PM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Quote:

friend,

Income Tax Officer Exam is conducted by SSC to recruit the Income Tax Officer and the eligibility criteria for this exam is:

1)A candidate must have any degree of a recognized University, or equivalent.
2)Age:A candidate's age should not be not less than 18 yers and not greater than 27 years on the first July of the year of examination.The age limit for the posts of Inspector of Income Tax, is 18-27 years as on March 2011

3)Physical Standards:

a)Height :157.5cm
b)Chest :81cm ,fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cm
c)Physical Test:
i)Walking:1600 meters in 15 minutes
ii)Cycling:8 Km in 30 minutes

4)The application form will be available from first week of February 2011 at SSC official website at http://www.ssconline.nic.in. and the Last date for filling of the application was 2nd March, 2011

5)Selection Procedure:There will be a Written Examination of all objective type questions.
and then an Personal Interview for the students who have qualified in the Written Test.

6)Subjects in the exam:

General Intelligence
General English
Arithmetical Ability
General Awareness

The test will also have History, Geography, Economic, General policy, Scientific Research etc.

The Official site is :
http://www.ssc.nic.in

GOOD LUCK
30th January 2013, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

I am a CA(Chartered Accountant) pls tel me how to apply for the post of Income Tax officer .
3rd February 2013, 07:23 PM
Ashwinkumar9009

Eligibility Criteria

Educational Qualification:

Candidate must have any degree from a recognized University or, equivalent qualification degree to appear in Examination

Age Criteria:

Candidate age must lie in between 18-27 yr

(As on the 1 July of the year of examination)

Applying Procedure:

Examination based Staff selection Commission; you can apply by visiting the official site

Important Dates:

Notification for SSC generally published: Month of April Every Year

Exam conducted generally in the Month of November

Source: Full detail of income tax officer exams? How and when to apply for it? What is the scope? | Government Jobs http://governmentjobsalerts.com/full-detail-income-tax-officer-exams-how-when-apply-what-scope-27162.html#ixzz2IQtbyySz
5th March 2013, 07:51 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Dear Aspirant ,

Income Tax Officer Examination is conducted by Staff Selection Commission in Every year . So, You may apply for SSC Examination . The Notification for this Examination may published in Employment News paper and Official website of SSC

Educational Qualification :- The Applicant should be hold Bachelor degree Course in any discipline from recognized university .

Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .But the Final year candidate should have to Sumbit the Course Completion Certificate .

Age Criteria :- The Applicant age should be in between 18 years to 25 years old .

and upper age relaxation will be applicable for 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

This Examination is divided into two stages namely, Written Examination and Interview .

The Income Tax Officer Examination Pattern Consist of /General Intelligence /General English /Arithmetical Ability /General Awareness Etc...

For More Information Please Visit :- http://ssc.nic.in/
10th May 2013, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

hi
i am compliting my graduation in bca..... so, can i have a job in income tax department after my graduation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?