18th January 2013, 08:08 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: NET exam eligibility and subjects after MBA in finance and retail management

National Eligibility Test is conducted by University Grants Commission for college lectureship and PhD. It takes place in June and December. At least couple of months prior to the exam, University Grants Commission issues a notification.

The notification explains the entire procedure of applying for the exam and the dates for applying. After the notifcation is issued you can register for the exam through the official website of University Grants Commission.

Please check the criteria mentioned below to see whether you are eligible for the exam on not and what would be the subject for you.

NET Eligibility

1. You should be citizen of India.

2. Post graduation degree in any discipline.

3. Your degree should be recognized by University Grants Commission.

4. At least 55 percent marks in PG.

5. SC/ST candidates need 50 percent marks.

6. Final year students of post graduation can also apply.

7. But should be able to submit degree in 2 years.

8. Your NET subject will be "Management".

9. There is no limit on number of attempts.

Age Limit

1. The age limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years.

2. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

3. SC/ST are eligible for 5 years relaxation.

4. There is no upper age limit if applying for college lectureship.
20th January 2013, 05:28 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Default Re: NET exam eligibility and subjects after MBA in finance and retail management

Dear There,

The acronym for NET is National Eligibility Test.

UGC(University Grants Commission) conducts NET examination twice every year in the months of June and December for the college lecturership and PhD.

The eligibility criteria required for the NET examination are prescribed as below:-

* Either post- graduate or a final tear student of post- graduation with a minimum of 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST contendors) from UGC recognised university.

* Age limit- 20-28 yrs(For JRF) and no age bar( For Lecturership).

* Age relaxation- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality- Indian.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
20th January 2013, 06:15 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear sir, i want to know that am i eligible for net exam with mgmt subject i have done bba and m.com with businee administration it is valid for cross net exam mgmt?
YES, you can apply for the NET exams under the subject Management

Educational Qualifications for the UGC-NET exams is:
Post Graduation pass
Minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation for the General and OBC candidates
Minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates

Next UGC-NET exams will be held in June 2013

So, you can start preparing for that exam and give the exam in June 2013

Notification for this exam will be released in march 2013
18th March 2013, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Can i give NET/SET exam after doing MBA in Retail Management from SNDT University with 65%?

Please reply its request.
14th July 2013, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

I have done my mba in marketing but have opted for hrm in ugc net exam as i have studied this subject during the 1st year in mba.If i qualify jrf in hrm which i have opted will i be able to do phd in the same(hrm)?pls reply.
13th December 2013, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

thank you very much for providing attachment
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?