16th December 2010, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Can I take third attempt in IIT JEE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampal Lather View Post
I have appeared 2 times in iit
How can i take 3rd attempt??????
Plz reply soon...
no.. u cant apply for iitjee for the third time...it only for twp consecutive years.after XII
16th December 2010, 05:46 PM
ruchika4989

dear friend ,
i m sorry but in iit there only 2 attempts are allowed but dont lose hope .u can do enginerring from other colleges too ,iit is not the ultimate thing .try in AIEEE ,where 3 attempts are allowed.
16th December 2010, 08:04 PM

Sorry, only 2 attempts are allowed 1st while studying in 12th and 2nd after 12th.
17th December 2010, 11:25 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
Plz reply soon...
Hi,

From 2005 IIT has amended its examination eligibility criteria to 2 attempts only and that too also consecutively.
So you can give the exam just after 12th board and second after one year gap.
17th December 2010, 11:26 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HW MANY CHANCE FOR JEE N OBC?
Hi,

From 2005 IIT has amended its examination eligibility criteria to 2 attempts only and that too also consecutively.
So you can give the exam just after 12th board and second after one year gap.
There is no quota for OBC as well.
17th December 2010, 10:41 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

there is chance limit in JEE.A student can appear only two times in the JEE.First time as a appearing candidate and second time in consecutive year if he has secured marks greater than equal to 60% in his +2.So i am very sorry to say that you can not get more chance in JEE.
Chance limit is same for all categories (SC,ST,OBC,BC) i.e two time in consecutive year.
Thank you
18th December 2010, 09:18 PM
M M M

Dear Friend ,

No. Actually you can appear only two times for IIT JEE Entrance Exam ie. one in the year that you passed Xll and the next .

Don't get depressed about that . Its not that , where you study matters , but the thing that matters is how you study .

Now if you are so certain that , you need to study in IIT , then its a fact that you need to dedicate another year for preparation , in the mean while join any recongnised institution and do Xll again . It will help you both in preparation , as well as to reappear for exam . Thinkwell and act....

ALL THE BEST .

V M M M V
22nd December 2010, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

I had not filled obc category in my first attempt at AIEEE . Can I fill it in my second attempt?
22nd December 2010, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

I had not filled obc category in my first attempt at AIEEE . Can I fill it in my second attempt?
18th January 2011, 05:28 AM
abhimanyu2688

Post Re: Can I take third attempt in IIT JEE?

Quote:
Plz reply soon...
according to new pattern of iit jee only two attempts is allowed to sit in the iitjee exam. sorry you are not eligible to take third attempt unless you must change your name and pass xth and 12th exam with min 60%.
18th January 2011, 11:59 PM
Harshita21

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
no.. u cant apply for iitjee for the third time...it only for twp consecutive years.after XII
sorry to say that you have lost your two golden chances of getting in IIT
Only two attempts are permissible.
19th January 2011, 12:39 AM
prateek tyagi

You can not give iit exam 3rd time .it is against the rules.
19th January 2011, 11:46 AM
rks_estate

Dear,

No, you cannot take third attempt in IIT JEE.

One can attempt IIT JEE only twice, in consecutive years.

Good Luck
19th January 2011, 01:46 PM
karthikeyan 666

You already tried two times but unfortunately u lost, ok don't be sad if u want to be engineer get admission in any engg college ,you prepared for iit-jee will be very useful to you in engineering.
19th January 2011, 03:04 PM
daxter

Hello,

No my Dear friend you can only give it twice there is no third chance.
so practically you can not appear for the exam.

you can definitely go for other exams like AIEEE.
19th January 2011, 06:14 PM
quddus

Hi friend,
Sorry to say but there is only two times that you can attempt iitjee. But you can give many exams like aieee, wbjee, etc.
All the best!
19th January 2011, 10:15 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Plz reply soon...
Sorry but one gets 2 attempts only. Why dont you try for Niit through aiee instead ?
21st January 2011, 12:18 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Can I take third attempt in IIT JEE?

Well friend,

you can't give 3rd attempt in IIT JEE after giving twice.

Because there is no option in IIT JEE application form where you can specify this is your 3rd attempt, only first and 2nd attempt is permissible.

Good luck.
22nd January 2011, 12:34 AM
suman tarannum amin

you can only appear 2 times for iit-jee examination.
now since you have lost your 2 chances to get admitted in iit-jee, so leave this path and try on many other ways which are opened before you like-AIEEE, BITSAT.
and since after second try also you didn't get the chance to be an iitian , so leave this dream and try some other options.
23rd January 2011, 04:09 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Friend IIT only allow two attempt one in the appearing in 12th and other after 12th. So you can not appear in the third attempt of IITJEE. I advise you to go another engineering entrance exam and well done.
all the best.
12th March 2011, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

I failed in 2 last year and had also given IIT...dis year also i have filled the IIT form..So dis will this be counted 1st or 2nd attemt???
Can i give IIT nxt year???

thanks, adi 01
13th March 2011, 11:51 AM
tarun2k1

No one can appear for 3rd time in IIT-JEE even if OBC,SC,ST or PD.
So better luck with other exams like AIEEE,BITSAT,IIST ....
13th March 2011, 07:19 PM
cricket007
Banned

no,

There are now only two attempts, one in the current when you are studing in 12 standard and other is next year after 12 in a row.

so check the eligibility criteria every year.

www.iitk.ac.in

IIT JEE Eligibility
Candidates must make sure that they satisfy all the eligibility conditions given below for appearing in JEE:

Date of Birth
The date of birth of candidates belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories should be on or after October 1,1986. Whereas the date of birth of those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories should be on or after October 1,1981.
The date of birth as recorded in the high school/first Board/ Pre-University certificate will be accepted. If the certificate does not mention the date of birth, a candidate must submit along with the application, an authenticated document indicating the date of birth.

Year of passing Qualifying Examination (QE)
A candidate must have passed the QE for the first time, after October 1, 2009 will be appearing in 2011.
Those who are going to appear in the QE later than October 1, 2011 are not eligible to apply for JEE.

The qualifying examinations (QE) are listed below:
i) The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central / state Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi; etc.
ii) Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board / University.
iii) Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
iv) General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
v) High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
vi) Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
vii) H.S.C. vocational examination.
viii) Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
ix) 3 or 4 year Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state Board of technical education. In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.

Minimum Percentage of Marks in QE
Candidates belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in their QE. Whereas, those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in the QE.
The percentage of marks awarded by the Board will be treated as final. If the Board does not award the percentage of marks, it will be calculated based on the marks obtained in all subjects listed in the mark sheet. If any Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of counselling/ admission. In case such a certificate is not provided then the final decision rests with the Joint Implementation Committee of JEE.
4. Important Points to note
(i) One can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years.
(ii) Those who have accepted admission after qualifying in JEE in earlier years by paying full fees at any of the IITs, IT-BHU, Varanasi or ISM, Dhanbad, are NOT ELIGIBLE to write JEE at all irrespective of whether or not they joined in any of the programmes.
(iii) The year of passing the Qualifying Examination is the year in which the candidate has passed, for the first time, any of the examinations listed above, irrespective of the minimum percentage marks secured.
(iv) The offer of admission is subject to verification of original certificates/ documents at the time of admission. If any candidate is found ineligible at a later date even after admission to an Institute, his/ her admission will be cancelled automatically.
(iv) If a candidate is expecting the results of the QE in 2011, his/her admission will only be provisional until he/she submits the relevant documents. The admission stands cancelled if the documents are not submitted in original to the concerned institute before September 30.
(v) If a candidate has passed any of the examinations, listed in Sub-section III.2, before October 1,2008, he/she is not eligible to appear in JEE.
(vi) If a Board invariably declares the results of the QE late (only after September 30, every year), the candidate is advised to attempt JEE.
(vii) The decision of the Joint Admission Board of JEE regarding the eligibility of any applicant shall be final.

all the best,....................................
17th March 2011, 01:53 PM
danish_khurana

Lightbulb Re: Can I take third attempt in IIT JEE?

No, you can not take third attempt in IIT JEE.
It is written in Eligibility.

Eligibility: You must make sure that you satisfy all the eligibility conditions given below for appearing in JEE-2011
Date of birth: Candidate belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories must be born on or after October 01, 1986 and those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must be born on or after October 01, 1981
Year of passing qualifying examination (QE): Must have passed the qualifying examination, namely, XII standard or any equivalent examination, after 1st October 2009 or in the year 2010 or will be appearing in 2011
Minimum percentage of marks in QE: candidates belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories must secure at least 60% marks and candidates belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination
Important notes: (i) You can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years. That means you should have attempted JEE for the first time in 2010 or will be appearing in 2011
(ii) If you have accepted admission after qualifying in JEE in earlier years by paying full fees at any of the IITs, IT-BHU, Varanasi or ISM, Dhanbad, you will not be eligible to write JEE at all, irrespective of whether or not you joined in any of the programmes

Regards
~~Danish~~
23rd March 2011, 07:50 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Hello friend,

according to new rules there is only two attemts is permissible in IIT exam.

So, sorry to say but you are not eligible for 3rd time
25th March 2011, 09:49 PM
rocking_indian

Quote:
Plz reply soon...
Sorry my friend ,
iit provides only 2 consecutive attempts.
better try for other engineering exams like kiit, aieee
26th March 2011, 12:22 AM
kkanika_14

Cool Re: Can I take third attempt in IIT JEE?

No you can not take third attempt in IIT JEE.
Only two attempts are applied and for two consecutive years.

Do Your Best To Clear In IIT JEE.

GOOD LUCK...................
26th March 2011, 11:49 AM
cricket007
Banned

no,

now in iit there are two chances only,

Departments offering B.Tech/Dual Degree
Aerospace Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Computer Science & Engineering Department
Electrical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Metallurgical Engineering & Materials Science
Physics
JEE

Dual Degree
The Institute offers a 5 year Dual Degree programme (DD) in all Engineering departments. This programme is the Bachelor and Master degree combined together. That means that upon successful completion of the necessary academic requirements, a student is awarded two degrees:

B.Tech. degree of the parent department (e.g. Mechanical Engineering)
M.Tech. degree of the Specialization within the parent department (e.g. Thermal and Fluids Engineering)

best of luck..................................
Attached Files
File Type: doc gate.doc(23.5 KB, 50 views)
26th March 2011, 03:37 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello,

According to my knowledge, you cannot take third attempt in IIT-JEE.

For more details & updated information visit www.iitjee.org

Best of Luck
2nd April 2011, 09:50 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you can take the 3rd attempt for IIT-JEE.

Because the maximum number of permissible attempts for IIT-JEE is 2 times.

As you have already finished the maximum limit of 2 times, you are not allowed to appear for the third time.

Anyway i will suggest you to go for AIEEE.
2nd April 2011, 09:56 AM
tarunsingh40

Quote:
Plz reply soon...
Ans.No,you can't give the exam of IIT-JEE third time and its against the law and there will be case on you if you gave the exam third time.
2nd April 2011, 11:27 AM
ndkptbc

yes,
you can attempt it but this is your last chance to attempt
2nd April 2011, 12:18 PM
kunal4win

IT JEE has only 2
attempts you cant try for 3rd
attempt.... best way i can say is you can join in of the private
colleges and continue your
studies.
2nd April 2011, 12:50 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

hi friend,

you cannot appear for third time in IITJEE exam. Because you can attempt JEE only twice that too in consecutive years. That means you should have attempted JEE for the first time in 2010 or will be appearing in 2011 not before 2010.
2nd April 2011, 03:14 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
Hard Luck buddy but IIT has just allowed 2 attempts. So you cant attempt IIT JEE for the 3rd time.

But dont worry. IIT isnt the end of the world. There are lots of exams all over india like AIEEE,COMEDK,BITSAT and many more

If you have lost in IIT JEE then you can attempt for AIEEE 3rd time. In AIEEE its permitted to answer for 3 times

So give it a try. Dont worry if you didnt crack IIT. Aim for GATE and get there for MTech

Thanks
2nd April 2011, 09:05 PM
devendergora

NO, you can appear for IITJEE only two times....but there are many other good colleges besides IITs.. like BITS, VIT, DCE.
3rd April 2011, 09:00 PM
Nazu_khurana

sorry friend you cannot attempt IIT JEE for third time as only two attempts are allowed, first when student passes class 12th and second the following year.
3rd April 2011, 09:07 PM
Nazu_khurana

sorry friend you cannot appear for IIT JEE for third time as only two attempts are allowed, first in the year student passes 12th and next in the following year.
3rd April 2011, 09:12 PM
Nazu_khurana

sorry friend you cannot appear for IIT JEE for third time as only two attempts are allowed, first in the year student passes 12th and next in the following year.
3rd April 2011, 09:20 PM
Nazu_khurana

4th April 2011, 12:04 AM
Minal dubey

sorry to say but you can't attempt iit more than two times,but you can do one thing that take admission in any good engineering collage and then after doing engineering you can pursue higher degree from iit ,don't worry think positive .
15th April 2011, 01:24 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

No their are only two valid attempts in IIT-JEE...Sorry to say you cant....
16th April 2011, 03:55 PM
hari om yadav

dear friend
Sorry! you can't appear in IIT exam at third time .
the total chances give only two for everyone.
10th June 2011, 11:23 AM
pongapandit

Quote:
Plz reply soon...
Dear student,
You must keep yourself updated.
IIT can be tried only twice and not more than that.

Thank you
30th June 2011, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

can st cateory students give iitjee 3rd time ???????????
1st July 2011, 12:11 AM
MonuRai

Dear,

You can give the IIT-JEE exam only twice .

So , sorry to say but you cannot give it for 3rd time.

Thanks.
3rd July 2011, 02:04 AM
naveen7777

Quote:
Plz reply soon...
hello, sir nice to see you eagerness to fill form of iit-jee but sir we are very sorry to say iit has its new rules and regulations and only 2 attempts are available there.
but happy to tell you that you can apply for aieee and achieve good ranks in it
get government colleges
and niit who are very much close to iit and provide you heavy package.
5th July 2011, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

is one attemp cancelled if we dont give iit exam after class 12...
plzzzzz reply soon
1st August 2011, 08:16 PM
sachin200792

NO, you can't attempt IIT JEE exam more than two times. You have only two chances to sit in IIT JEE exam and those are the year you give your 12th board exams and the year next to it. But if you are willing to give IIT JEE for the third time you have to repeat your 12th board exam again so that you can have two more chances.
16th August 2011, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

I pass the intermediate in 2010 can i get the chance in IIT-JEE 2012
please tell me
E-mail= [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?