6th October 2011, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Syllabus for ISRO entrance exam for engineers

Hello
sir i am sumit kumar tiwari i am study in b.tech in 2nd year in civil engineering i want to know the salabus of isro entrance exame.
8th October 2011, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

im a bsc(electronics,geology,computerscience)graduate.h ow can i join isro?is there any entrance exam for that?
10th October 2011, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/Madam,now i am B.E.computer science engineering(3rd year).please give study materials for gate entrance examination and Tamilnadu Anna university (TANCET for M.E\M.TECH)entrance examination.
yours faithfully,
Subburam.
12th October 2011, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir/madam, why did not given chance for civil engg...
15th October 2011, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir/madam,
I am Ram Kumar Yadav pursuing final year BE in Aeronautical Engineering. I want to do project on satellite engine in isro. please send the adress where may i apply for the project. please send to my email: [email protected]
please help me
Thanking you sir/madam,
Ram Kumar Yadav
15th October 2011, 09:25 PM
tejesh_09

ISRO-INDIAN SPACE RESEARCH ORGANISATION entrance exam conducted by Government of India

ISRO Syllabus :

a: Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs: concept of Semicondutor,MOSFET,Doides,Junction Theory,Transistors,Transitor's field effect theory etc...

b: Signals and Systems: concept of Signals,power consuming analysis,Fourier Series,Fourier Transform etc..

c:Network Theory: Transient response,transient analysis,Y H Z network analysis etc.....

d: Electromagnetic Theory: Maxwell Eqn.,propagation in bounded and unbounded media etc...

e:Analog Electronic Circuits: Rectifiers and power supplies. Op Amp, PLL,pulse shaping,linear integrated circuit etc....

f: Digital Electronic Circuits: DTL, TTL, ECL, NMOS, PMOS and CMOS gates and their comparison,Flip-flops,register,counter etc....

g:Control System: Root locus techniques, Frequency response analysis, Concepts of gain and phase margins, Constant-M and Constant-N Nichol’s Chart etc...

h: Communication Systems: Modulation and detection in analogue and digital systems, Sampling and data reconstructions, Quantization and coding,quantization levels etc....

i: Microwave Engineering: Microwave generation and amplifiers, Wave guides and Circuits, Microstrip circuits,Antennas etc...

j:Computer Engineering: Basic Number Systems, Data representation, Programming with high level programming language PASCAL/C etc ,basic data structures,Computer Architecture etc....
17th October 2011, 02:18 PM
tapasreebiswas

i am a final year ece student(2012 passed out b-tech batch)..want to appear in ISRO entrance xam..
sir/ madam please tell me the date of the exam , how to apply for apearing in the exam?
please reply..
18th October 2011, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR
I AM A PLUSTWO STUDENT. IAM LIKED TO JOINING TO JOIN B.TECH MECHANICAI ENGINEER IN VIKRAM SARABAI SPACE CENTER IN THUPA.PIEASE TELL ME THE WEB ADDRESS OF APPLICATION FORM TO JOIN
STEPHEN ABRAHAM
18th October 2011, 07:30 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hii Dear Friend,

Indian Space Research Organization(ISRO) deals with spacecraft, space science activities and links to Indian Government bodies.

So it is little bit tough to clear the ISRO entrance exam.
According to the ISRO criteria
1)you should pass the B.Tech/BE degree.
2:you should pass the B.Tech/BE degree with 65% in each semester.
3:your age should not be greater than 35 years.

ISRO Syllabus for ECE:

1: Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs: concept of Semicondutor,MOSFET,Doides,Junction Theory,Transistors,Transitor's field effect theory etc...

2: Signals and Systems: concept of Signals,power consuming analysis,Fourier Series,Fourier Transform etc..

3:Network Theory: Transient response,transient analysis,Y H Z network analysis etc.....

4: Electromagnetic Theory: Maxwell Eqn.,propagation in bounded and unbounded media etc...

5:Analog Electronic Circuits: Rectifiers and power supplies. Op Amp, PLL,pulse shaping,linear integrated circuit etc....

6: Digital Electronic Circuits: DTL, TTL, ECL, NMOS, PMOS and CMOS gates and their comparison,Flip-flops,register,counter etc....

7:Control System: Root locus techniques, Frequency response analysis, Concepts of gain and phase margins, Constant-M and Constant-N Nichol’s Chart etc...

8: Communication Systems: Modulation and detection in analogue and digital systems, Sampling and data reconstructions, Quantization and coding,quantization levels etc....

9: Microwave Engineering: Microwave generation and amplifiers, Wave guides and Circuits, Microstrip circuits,Antennas etc...

10:Computer Engineering: Basic Number Systems, Data representation, Programming with high level programming language PASCAL/C etc ,basic data structures,Computer Architecture etc....

GATE syllabus:

The syllabus of the GATE of ECE are same as ISRO,but there includes Math.
in Math Syllabus:
1>Linear Algebra
2>Calculus,
3>Differential Eqn.
4>Complex Variable
5>Probability & Statistics
6>Numerical Methods
7>Transform Theory

According to me ,to clear those entrance exam you should keep clear concept on the subjects,not only the bookish knowledge.

Good luck.
thank you
18th October 2011, 10:21 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
ISAT exam is conducted for admission into the bachelor course.
The academic requirement for the exam is
completing the 10+2 exam with 70% marks in the exam with subjects mathematics,physics,chemistry. 60% for s/st candidates.
The exam is based on physics,chemistry and mathemtics.
the syllabus for the exam is
PHYSICS
Mechanics,
electromagnetism,
optics and wave,
properties of matters
thermodynamics,

CHEMISTRY
basic concept of chemistry
p block
d block elements
solution
states of matter
thermodynamics
equilibrium
surface chemistry
Hydrocarbon
environmental chemistry

MATHS
sets ,relation
complex numbers
permutation and combinations
sequence and series
limits,continuity
integral calculus
differential chemistry,
coordinate chemistry
straight line
circles
matrix
trigonometry
probability
statistics
algebra
19th October 2011, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

when is the next upcoming entrance exam for bsc graduates?
22nd October 2011, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

Hi i did deploma in electronics and communication engineering.I want to study engineering in ISRO.Would u tell me how to get in....ASAP
22nd October 2011, 06:40 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hii dear friend,

Both exams are gateway for a better career. Both have almost different syllabus for admission into them. ISRO exam do not emphasis control system , higher engineering math or any core subjects. But it is based upon some computer fundamental subjects like algorithms , computer architecture or computer networks etc..

I am attaching the syllabus for preparation of both...
good luck..
thank you..
22nd October 2011, 08:07 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
ISRo conducts exam for recruiting of the Engineers.
Candidate with 65% aggregate in bachelor degree in Engineering are eligible. The syllabus for the exam is
Electronics and communication engineers
Physical electronics
signals and system
network theory
electromagnetic theory
analog electronic circuit
digital electronic circuit
control system
microwave engineering
communication system
computer engineering

computer science syllabus
theory of computation
computer organisation
data structure
compile design
operating system
data base
computer networks
digital logic

Mechanical syllabus
applied mechanics and design
engineering mathematics
Fluid mechanics and thermal science
manufacturing and industrial engineering

One can prepare based on the above syllabus
24th October 2011, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

Sir/madam
I am a 2 student and i am willing to write ISRO entrance exam.
For this did i should complete my 1st sem in Engineering.
29th October 2011, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

how many seats are allocated each year?
30th October 2011, 01:03 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

ISRO -Indian Space Research Organisation
this is a central govt. job,after complete your graduation then you apply for that .

Different exam has different syllabus are here:-
Attached Files
File Type: zip syllabus.zip(10.7 KB, 16 views)
30th October 2011, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashmi lakshmi View Post
To Sir\madam
I am persuing my engineering in 3rd year,in electronics and communication.Can you please give me information about the ISRO entrance exam ,and details about GATE entrance exam.As I wanted take up the entrance exam.

thank you

your's fathifully
Rashmi lakshmi
hii friend..here is the syllabus for isro entrance exam for ece students.................

(1) Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs:
Electrons and holes in semi-conductors, Carner Statistics, Mechanism of current flow in a semi-conductor, Hall effect; Junction theory; Different types of diodes and their characteristics; Bipolar Junction transistor; Field effect transistors; Power switching devices like SCRs, GTOs, power MOSFETs; Basics of ICs-bipolar, MOS and CMOS types; basic and Opto Electronics.
(2) Signals and Systems:
Classification of signals and systems; System modeling in terms of differential and difference equations; State variable representation; Fourier series; Fourier transforms and their application to system analysis; Laplace transforms and their application to system analysis; Convolution and superposition integrals and their applications; Z-transforms and their applications to the analysis and characterization of discrete time systems; Random signals and probability; Correlation functions; Spectral density; Response of linear system to random inputs.
(3) Network Theory:
Network analysis techniques; Network theorems, transient response, steady state sinusoidal response; Network graphs and their applications in network analysis; Tellegen’s theorem. Two port networks; Z, Y, h and transmission parameters. Combination of two ports, analysis of common two ports. Network functions: parts of network functions, obtaining a network function from a given part. Transmission criteria: delay and rise time, Elmore’s and other definitions effect of cascading. Elements of network synthesis.
(4) Electromagnetic Theory:
Analysis of electrostatic and magneto-static fields; Laplace’s and Poisson’s equations; Boundary value problems and their solutions; Maxwell’s equations; application to wave propagation in bounded and unbounded media; Transmission lines: basic theory, standing waves, matching applications, microstrip lines; Basics of wave guides and resonators; Elements of antenna theory.
(5) Analog Electronic Circuits:
Transistor biasing and stabilization. Small signal analysis. Power amplifiers. Frequency. response. Wide banding techniques. Feedback amplifiers. Tuned amplifiers. Oscillators, Rectifiers and power supplies. Op Amp, PLL, other linear integrated circuits and applications. Pulse shaping circuits and waveform generators.
(6) Digital Electronic Circuits:
Transistor as a switching element; Boolean algebra, simplification of Boolean function Karnaugh map and applications; IC Logic gates and their characteristics; IC logic families: DTL, TTL, ECL, NMOS, PMOS and CMOS gates and their comparison; Combinational logic circuits; Half adder, Full adder; Digital comparator; Multiplexer De-multiplexer; ROM and their applications. Flip-flops. R-S, J-K, D and T flip-tops; Different types of counters and registers. Waveform generators. A/D and D/A converters. Semi-conductor memories.
(7) Control Systems:
Transient and steady state response of control systems; Effect of feedback on stability and sensitivity; Root locus techniques; Frequency response analysis. Concepts of gain and phase margins; Constant-M and Constant-N Nichol’s Chart; Approximation of transient response from Constant-N Nichol’s Chart; Approximation of transient response from closed loop frequency response; Design of Control Systems; Compensators; Industrial controllers.
(8) Communication Systems:
Basic information theory; Modulation and detection in analogue and digital systems; Sampling and data reconstructions; Quantization and coding; Time division and frequency division multiplexing; Equalization; Optical Communication: in free space and fiber optic; Propagation of signals at HF, VHF, UHF and microwave frequency; Satellite Communication.
(9) Microwave Engineering:
Microwave Tubes and solid state devices, Microwave generation and amplifiers, Wave guides and other Microwave Components and Circuits, Microstrip circuits, Microwave Antennas, Microwave Measurements, Masers, Lasers; Micro-wave propagation. Microwave Communication Systems-terrestrial and satellite based.
(10) Computer Engineering:
Number Systems. Data representation; Programming; Elements of a high level programming language PASCAL/C; Use of basic data structures; Fundamentals of computer architecture; Processor design; Control unit design; Memory organization, I/o System Organization. Microprocessors: Architecture and instruction set of Microprocessor’s 8085 and 8086, Assembly language Programming. Microprocessor Based system design: typical examples. Personal computers and their typical uses.
30th October 2011, 08:33 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashmi lakshmi View Post
To Sir\madam
I am persuing my engineering in 3rd year,in electronics and communication.Can you please give me information about the ISRO entrance exam ,and details about GATE entrance exam.As I wanted take up the entrance exam.

thank you

your's fathifully
Rashmi lakshmi
hii friend..here is the syllabus for isro entrance exam for ece students.........

(1) Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs:
Electrons and holes in semi-conductors, Carner Statistics, Mechanism of current flow in a semi-conductor, Hall effect; Junction theory; Different types of diodes and their characteristics; Bipolar Junction transistor; Field effect transistors; Power switching devices like SCRs, GTOs, power MOSFETs; Basics of ICs-bipolar, MOS and CMOS types; basic and Opto Electronics.
(2) Signals and Systems:
Classification of signals and systems; System modeling in terms of differential and difference equations; State variable representation; Fourier series; Fourier transforms and their application to system analysis; Laplace transforms and their application to system analysis; Convolution and superposition integrals and their applications; Z-transforms and their applications to the analysis and characterization of discrete time systems; Random signals and probability; Correlation functions; Spectral density; Response of linear system to random inputs.
(3) Network Theory:
Network analysis techniques; Network theorems, transient response, steady state sinusoidal response; Network graphs and their applications in network analysis; Tellegen’s theorem. Two port networks; Z, Y, h and transmission parameters. Combination of two ports, analysis of common two ports. Network functions: parts of network functions, obtaining a network function from a given part. Transmission criteria: delay and rise time, Elmore’s and other definitions effect of cascading. Elements of network synthesis.
(4) Electromagnetic Theory:
Analysis of electrostatic and magneto-static fields; Laplace’s and Poisson’s equations; Boundary value problems and their solutions; Maxwell’s equations; application to wave propagation in bounded and unbounded media; Transmission lines: basic theory, standing waves, matching applications, microstrip lines; Basics of wave guides and resonators; Elements of antenna theory.
(5) Analog Electronic Circuits:
Transistor biasing and stabilization. Small signal analysis. Power amplifiers. Frequency. response. Wide banding techniques. Feedback amplifiers. Tuned amplifiers. Oscillators, Rectifiers and power supplies. Op Amp, PLL, other linear integrated circuits and applications. Pulse shaping circuits and waveform generators.
(6) Digital Electronic Circuits:
Transistor as a switching element; Boolean algebra, simplification of Boolean function Karnaugh map and applications; IC Logic gates and their characteristics; IC logic families: DTL, TTL, ECL, NMOS, PMOS and CMOS gates and their comparison; Combinational logic circuits; Half adder, Full adder; Digital comparator; Multiplexer De-multiplexer; ROM and their applications. Flip-flops. R-S, J-K, D and T flip-tops; Different types of counters and registers. Waveform generators. A/D and D/A converters. Semi-conductor memories.
(7) Control Systems:
Transient and steady state response of control systems; Effect of feedback on stability and sensitivity; Root locus techniques; Frequency response analysis. Concepts of gain and phase margins; Constant-M and Constant-N Nichol’s Chart; Approximation of transient response from Constant-N Nichol’s Chart; Approximation of transient response from closed loop frequency response; Design of Control Systems; Compensators; Industrial controllers.
(8) Communication Systems:
Basic information theory; Modulation and detection in analogue and digital systems; Sampling and data reconstructions; Quantization and coding; Time division and frequency division multiplexing; Equalization; Optical Communication: in free space and fiber optic; Propagation of signals at HF, VHF, UHF and microwave frequency; Satellite Communication.
(9) Microwave Engineering:
Microwave Tubes and solid state devices, Microwave generation and amplifiers, Wave guides and other Microwave Components and Circuits, Microstrip circuits, Microwave Antennas, Microwave Measurements, Masers, Lasers; Micro-wave propagation. Microwave Communication Systems-terrestrial and satellite based.
(10) Computer Engineering:
Number Systems. Data representation; Programming; Elements of a high level programming language PASCAL/C; Use of basic data structures; Fundamentals of computer architecture; Processor design; Control unit design; Memory organization, I/o System Organization. Microprocessors: Architecture and instruction set of Microprocessor’s 8085 and 8086, Assembly language Programming. Microprocessor Based system design: typical examples. Personal computers and their typical uses.
31st October 2011, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

please tell what is the syllabus for aerospace engg. students in ISRO examination?
1st November 2011, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

respected sir , please let me know about entrance exam 2012

bijitashya birinchi
4th November 2011, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,

am kishan kumar baghel.
master in computer application.now i think to become astronaut in isro.
please help me.how can i become.
4th November 2011, 07:17 PM
miiky

ISRO Syllabus :

a: Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs: concept of Semicondutor,MOSFET,Doides,Junction Theory,Transistors,Transitor's field effect theory etc...

b: Signals and Systems: concept of Signals,power consuming analysis,Fourier Series,Fourier Transform etc..

c:Network Theory: Transient response,transient analysis,Y H Z network analysis etc.....

d: Electromagnetic Theory: Maxwell Eqn.,propagation in bounded and unbounded media etc...

e:Analog Electronic Circuits: Rectifiers and power supplies. Op Amp, PLL,pulse shaping,linear integrated circuit etc....

f: Digital Electronic Circuits: DTL, TTL, ECL, NMOS, PMOS and CMOS gates and their comparison,Flip-flops,register,counter etc....

g:Control System: Root locus techniques, Frequency response analysis, Concepts of gain and phase margins, Constant-M and Constant-N Nichol’s Chart etc...

h: Communication Systems: Modulation and detection in analogue and digital systems, Sampling and data reconstructions, Quantization and coding,quantization levels etc....

i: Microwave Engineering: Microwave generation and amplifiers, Wave guides and Circuits, Microstrip circuits,Antennas etc...

j:Computer Engineering: Basic Number Systems, Data representation, Programming with high level programming language PASCAL/C etc ,basic data structures,Computer Architecture etc....
4th November 2011, 10:36 PM
sathish0038

hi friend,
Its really good you are taken good decision for the ISRO exam hear i am attached some information about the ISRO and also i provide the syllabus for the ISRO.

http://digg.com/news/science/ISRO_Entrance_Exam_Test
FOR GATE EXAMS DETAILS :
www.onestopgate.com/
www.iitk.ac.in/gate/

and also i attach the syllabus for the ISRO please check it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip (www.entrance-exam.net)-New WinRAR ZIP archive.zip(10.7 KB, 23 views)
7th November 2011, 02:32 PM
rudramishra

FOR ISRO EXAMS DETAILS:-
http://digg.com/news/science/ISRO_Entrance_Exam_Test
FOR GATE EXAMS DETAILS :
www.onestopgate.com/
www.iitk.ac.in/gate/
8th November 2011, 01:49 AM
Unregistered

For Remote Sensing & Gis what is the Syllabus
11th November 2011, 10:04 AM
Unregistered

i going on B.TECH 3rd to mechanical
20th November 2011, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

hi sir i am ravishanker,i take coaching at kanpur & i want join in ISRO ,i have more intrested to reaserch on space ,how can i join in ISRO plese give the instructions to me ..
22nd November 2011, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

isro entrance exam 2012
26th November 2011, 06:52 PM
neo-rocks

you can get Syllabus for ISRO entrance exam for engineers by log on to www.freshersworld.com.

it is the best website for students searching for jobs.here you can get every details about the ISRO exam.

thanks
27th November 2011, 07:01 AM
Unregistered

sir, iam an electrical student studing 3 rd year b.tech . please sent me the syllabus
29th November 2011, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

what aplications and what qulifications
1st December 2011, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

i am study in 12th please send date of dispatch form ISRO exame
11th December 2011, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

To,
sir/madam
I have completed my diploma engg. in mech. Can you please give me information about the isro entrance exam.
Thank you
your's faithfully
md khalid ansari
13th December 2011, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

What type of questions will be asked for assistant and personal assistant in isro exam
16th December 2011, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

i am vidhya doing my computer science and engineering .my aim is to join isro .so please say the syallabus for compuetr science and engineering
16th December 2011, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am pursuing 3rd year btech in petrochemical engineering. Am i eligible to join ISRO?

thank you.
22nd December 2011, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

sir now i am in third sem eee department is there any opportunity in isro .........
25th December 2011, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I need to know that ISRO wants 65% aggregate in B.E or 65% in each semester .
waiting for your reply .

Thanks
RAHUL KUMAR
25th December 2011, 11:42 AM
reply8rahul

Respected sir
I need to know that eligibility of ISRO is 65% each semester or aggregate 65% in B.E.
Wanting or your reply .
THANKS
RAHUL KUMAR
26th December 2011, 01:26 PM
aswathypc

sir
i have 69% as aggregrate?could i get the chance to write ISRO exam?
27th December 2011, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

syllabus for ISRO entrance exam for engineers in CSE branch
12th January 2012, 07:06 PM
somnath2013

please tell me ISRO entrance exam Syllabus for mechanical engineers
22nd January 2012, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

sir,please give me the information about ISRO exam's syllabus & date of exam for graduates in Physics.
22nd January 2012, 04:18 PM
sanchita_kayal

sir,please give me the information about ISRO exam's syllabus & date of exam for graduates in Physics.
26th February 2012, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

I am vishal,doing final year engineering in electricals and electronics.Now they have called for electronics post.What syllabus i need to study to get prepare for exam?please guide me.....mail me to this id [email protected]
28th February 2012, 08:53 AM
Unregistered

dear sir,
i am btech final year ece student.i am eligible or not for the "scientist/engineer-"sc" posts.if i am eligible then what will be filled in the blanks like"year of passing" & "6th semister marks of 4th year".please give me quick response sir,today is the last date for applying.please sir.
2nd March 2012, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

i m pesuing my b.tech in 4th year i want to know about date of examination ,syllabus,books to follow & previous year question papers
5th March 2012, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

job after b.Sc. computer science in ISRO
17th March 2012, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

hello! my name is Sebastin. i am studying agricultural engineering, can any one tell me the syllabus for the examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?