23rd March 2011, 02:08 AM
amlendu
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to apply for GATE Exam Online?

hi,
Well you dont have to worry much about it as the complete application procedure is provided on the IIT websites when the forms are released..

You can check this link given below of IIT Kharagpur which has complete info about offline as well as online application submission process

http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/gate10/how2apply.php
thank
12th September 2011, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

what requirtment only score coard of gate 2012 based not required percentage in b.tech
31st October 2011, 06:02 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Hi Buddy
You can't write GATE in 2012 - Because, there is no eligibility to write GATE for pre-final year students from this year.
This is because the IIT's have decided that not to maintain any core competency and to reduce the redundancy and to give the full focus on GATE for the final year students.

But, You have a long time (Almost 1year more) to prepare and to give GATE 2013 with full pace and focus.
So, Start from now only to crack good rank in GATE.

Details of GATE:
# GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the entrance exam which is conducted by IIT'S every year to take admissions into top colleges if you get a good rank.
# This time the GATE is on Feb'12th 2012.
# You have to apply only through ONLINE.
# It consists of 65 questions with negative marking and you will be having 3hrs.duration.

Eligibility for GATE::
# Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2)
## Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
## Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/ Technology.
## Second and third year MCA students are eligible for GATE.
## First and Second year MSc students are eligible for GATE.

As you are not eligible this year to write GATE, So I am greatly interested to give you some tips and Strategies to Crack a good rank in GATE.
Tips to Crack a good rank in GATE:
* Discuss Quality of questions
* Collection of quality books
* Uniqueness in the study material
* Solve previous years GATE papers more often
* Simulate actual test environment
* Analyze
* Revise as much as possible

Strategies to get good rank in GATE:
# Buy the Previous year question papers(Atleast 10years papers) with solutions(if possible)..
# Make high priority to high scoring subjects like Maths or your Core Subjects.
# Maintain a good Time management table..
# Make short notes from the Text books..
# Once you finish studying 1 chapter then go and solve the prev.year questions related to chapter 1..
# Finish detailed reading at least one and half month before.
# Keep one month for revisions and clearing leftover doubts.
# Keep last 15 days for fast practice and revision. Solve as many papers and question banks as you can get from any source.
# Finally the following Four Factors will surely help you to crack the GATE in IIT's
- Consistency in Hardwork
- Never give up
- Learn,Test what you have learnt,Analyse and do Revision them
- Be confident.

I am giving you all these details because, you can get a good rank because of the following reasons:
- You have much time
- You can even sit at home and study(If you have confidence)
So, I hope you to do well in 2013.

For more information,please visit:
http://gate.iitd.ac.in/GATE/

All the best
23rd January 2012, 09:08 AM
rkexam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsarmar View Post
respected sir now i am doing b.e final year in cse i like to apply gate exam so please tell me what are the ways there to pply for gate?

Hello Dear,

to apply for you can simply go to link and fill the online form of GATE-2012

http://gate.iitm.ac.in

For information broucher click HERE

With Regard
RK
23rd January 2012, 06:37 PM
Sagar Keshari

The aspirants can collect the GATE applications forms from the banks nearby. You could also pick up application forms from from the Zonal offices of IITs and IISB. Aspirants have to fill in application forms and send along with a DD. Online application facility is also there. The cost of the form Rs.1000. Online form cost is Rs.800 for OBC and general category students. For SC/ST students the cost is half of that
23rd January 2012, 08:49 PM
VijaySingh1234
Junior Member+

Here is a set of websites where you can be able to apply for GATE examination online
1) http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/
2) http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/faqs.php Some more help about the exam application
3)http://www.successcds.net/engineeringentranceexam/GATE/Graduate-Aptitude-Test-in-Engineering.htm -Another site this is quite unhelpful but it will give you information regarding the exam
23rd January 2012, 08:50 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsarmar View Post
respected sir now i am doing b.e final year in cse i like to apply gate exam so please tell me what are the ways there to pply for gate?
Dear Friend,

I am Giving you the required information........

1 Application Process

In GATE 2012, candidates need to register and fill the application ONLINE only by accessing the GATE websites of IISc and seven IITs. The application process is complete only when a print out of the filled ONLINE application with the candidate’s signature and a good quality photo affixed in the appropriate place is received by the respective GATE office along with necessary documents, if any, on or before 24 October 2011. Please note that sale of application forms through banks and GATE office counters has been discontinued.

2 Pre-final Year Students

Pre-final year students are not eligible to write GATE 2012. For details of eligibility, refer to section 1.2.

3 Admit Card

Admit card can only be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites from 2nd January 2012. Sending Admit cards by post has been discontinued. Bring the admit card to the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied / scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification. ONLY one of the following photo identifications is permitted: Driver's license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, College ID, Employee identification card, or a notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address. Photocopies of the original identification document are not acceptable. Candidates will not be permitted to take the test if original and valid photo identification is not presented

I am also attaching a broucher, where you will get all the information about GATE
Attached Files
File Type: pdf brochure.pdf(444.7 KB, 51 views)
23rd January 2012, 09:16 PM
mani_baban

Cool Re: How to apply for GATE Exam Online?

Well you dont have to worry much about it as the complete application procedure is provided on the IIT websites when the forms are released..

You can check this link given below of IIT Kharagpur which has complete info about offline as well as online application submission process

http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/gate10/how2apply.php
31st January 2012, 01:36 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hi friend,

There is nothing to worry because applying for GATE exam is a simple process. You can have GATE application form from your nearby banks or book stores.

If you are willing to apply online then it is very simple process. There are several websites who can provide you application form but you need to go through some process.

For further more details please visit IIT sites or other educational sites like
-www.winentrance.com,
-www.careerquips.blogspot.com,
-www.edunewz.com,
-www.successcds.net,
-www.way2freshers.com,
etc.

or else try these links "www.winentrance.com/.../gate/GATE-Application-form.html"

"www.edunewz.com/.../gate-2010-application-forms-application.html"

Good luck!
thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?