15th August 2011, 11:15 PM
ammajii

Default Re: Is work experience helpful before doing MBA?

Hi dear,

You will have to work about 3-4 years and gain work experience in the business field before getting your MBA. but many accept students right out of college if they have good grades and a high MAT and CAT score.

So, Yes Work experience is helpful before doing MBA, have work experience helps to increase your changes of getting accepted. What would be wonderful if you get a job that actually has a tuition program and will pay for you to go to school part time while you work full time.

Thus, all in all it will be advantageous for you to work before applying to an MBA program regardless.
Thanks

Related Questions:
  1. How to do MBA in finance? I have 2 years of work experience
  2. Which is better choice for me between Job and Higher studies having completed BE?
  3. What kind of job or work experience is needed to go abroad to study MBA?
  4. How to get admission in London Business School?
  5. Is it mandatory to have work experience to study MBA in Abroad? Information about entrance exams and scholarships?
  6. Any distance learning courses after MBA which can be helpful as per the market requirement?
  7. Which college should I try for MBA after having five years work experience and a diploma degree in ECE?
  8. Whether Volunteer job after MBA would be considered as work experience?
  9. List of B-Schools in India that does not require 50% in graduation?
  10. Possibility to study MBA for a Diploma holder who has 4 years of work experience?
  11. Am I eligible to get admission for MBA in Australia after completion of BA in Pakistan without work experience?
  12. Can I get a seat in VIT for MBA without any work experience?
  13. Maharashtra Mba CET details? Syllabus of CET exam? Top MBA colleges? Cutoffs? Work experience?
  14. Is it good to do 1 year MBA in abroad without work experience? What is the fee structure of USA and Australia for 1 year MBA?
  15. Can i do MBA after B.Sc. in Nautical Science without experience?
  16. Job opportunities available after BBM? Which are the universities for MBA that required minimum 5 years experience?
  17. Is it possible to do MBA on the basis of diploma qualification and 10 years of work experience? -- [New]
  18. Is it a good option do correspondence in MBA while working? Should I take it up now or after experience?
16th August 2011, 12:18 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
Yes,work experience is valid .
if you want to take higher education then you go for
the experience like 3 to 4 years
after this you leave company job........

Best Mba colleges:-

*IIM,Lucknow
*IIM,ahembadabad
*IIM,pune
*kiit,orissa
*Utkal university
16th August 2011, 12:31 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
yes there is some how work experience required for mba for your self to ,
if you are getting good rank in cat, mat exam then no need of experience you can get get admission in good college as well as good job.

good luck.......
16th August 2011, 12:31 AM
Sehwag6

Ya working experience is good before doing mba. You do mba correspondance with your work that is better
16th August 2011, 12:34 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by nav367 View Post
many freshers rush for MBA. but it can also be done long after 10 years of completing graduation. does experience really counts for mba? if yes, then how must one maintain studies and job, which in practical cases seemed quit difficult?

Yes it would be more helpful for your caareer...
MBA with some working experience is very effective for any sector of job,so definately you got a good job after passed...
16th August 2011, 01:16 AM
deba93

Smile Re: Is work experience helpful before doing MBA?

Hello dear friend,
Well,first of all let me convey you that many people any rush into MBA immediately after graduation is true but many others do it after doing some job for some experience and then go for MBA is also true.........
work experience in a organisation as a professional increases the understanding of the organisation and after that stepping into MBA will give you immense knowledge,because you already understood the necessities drawbacks etc., in your job and you can compare them while studying......
This is one of such cause:-
Because Management with good understanding or organisational functionality is preferred than management with just knowledge of business........
Hope this helps...
22nd September 2011, 11:09 AM
joncooperst

Default Amazing users of this forum

I was looking for this wonderful forum, and found it. Now I'm your regular user. rnThanks for the administration of this forum.
23rd September 2011, 10:46 PM
nagamalleswararaoyaramasu

You will have to work about 3-4 years and gain work experience in the business field before getting your MBA. but many accept students right out of college if they have good grades and a high MAT and CAT score.

So, Yes Work experience is helpful before doing MBA, have work experience helps to increase your changes of getting accepted. What would be wonderful if you get a job that actually has a tuition program and will pay for you to go to school part time while you work full time.

Thus, all in all it will be advantageous for you to work before applying to an MBA program regardless.
3rd December 2011, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

hi,
I have completed my engineering in IT from a recognized university . and joined as a management trainee in shriram transport finance company ltd . (finance sector ) , is this a good choice or i should try for IT sector job.
26th January 2012, 05:21 AM
Unregistered

yes I also agree that having experience is definately helpfull you in your Mba programme but my question is how many years of experience should I have
before doing Mba.
26th January 2012, 07:03 PM
adlsm

See dude ,
work experience doesn't hamper of influence an MBA degree , what matters is gettin the MBA degree from a good reputed college.
so instead of joining a job , i would suggest take 1yr break prepare well and try for THE TOP IIMs of india .
GOOD LUCK
27th January 2012, 11:06 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

** Of course you can appear for CAT, MAT, XAT entrances even though you didn't have 60% aggregate in your academics

** Only thing I would like to say is, Some Universities and colleges needs 60% aggregate in your academics in order to give you admission

** So after you have qualified and applying to the colleges for admissions then only you will face this problem(Lack of 60% in your academics)

** So happily write CAT, MAT, XAT exams
31st January 2012, 05:20 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Hi list of MBA pharma colleges in india:-
1. NIPER, Mohali (Punjab)
2. MANIPAL, Uddapi (Karnataka)
3. NMIMS, Mumbai (Maharastra)
4. Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
5. Punjab University
6.IIHMR, Jaipur, New Delhi
7. MDU, Rohtak ( Haryana)
8. Indian Institute Of Pharmaceutical Marketing, Lucknow
9. SIES College Of Management Studies
10. Institute Of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Management,Kolkata
31st January 2012, 11:09 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

There are so many MBA courses but among them the following will be best for a computer science students.These are...

1. MBA in Marketing.
2. MBA in Technology Improvement.
3. MBA in Finance.

Go for any one of them and you will succeed.

Yes, work experience is very much helpful for M.B.A.

all the best.
good day.
31st May 2012, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

I would like to know if work experience in a KPO is valid for good colleges in India!! By good i mean colleges like XLRI, SP jain etc
19th July 2012, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

i am telecomm engg and i am conused wheter i should work and then go r mba or go dirctly r mba without working.i hve got job in a big firm wich would start in august so i thgt of working for 1yr and then gng for mba .is my descion right?
16th August 2013, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishshekhar View Post
Hi dear,

thanks
what type of job will give tuition with job??
25th August 2014, 02:02 AM
Unregistered

I am a mechanical diploma engineer. I have 3 years experiences about job. In higher studies is it helpful for me?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?