17th March 2013, 04:21 PM
single1

Default Re: Is it possible to get a job through GATE score?

Hai buddy....
With a GATE score of below 250 and SC category reservation you have more than a good chance of getting a job, but you must fulfill all the below mentioned conditions.

--> First thing you must belong to any one of the three branches i.e Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics to apply for jobs based on GATE score.
--> You must have written GATE 2012, only then your score will be valid for applying for jobs.
--> Just by securing a GATE score it won't let you job, you must also have applied for those jobs as soon as you have got the hall ticket from GATE.
--> In the month of January there was registration for students to apply for some of the govt organization that were participating in GATE.
--> Companies participating in GATE are BHEL, NTPC, Powergrid, IOCL.

If you have fulfilled all the above conditions then you're eligible of getting job with the mentioned score. The further procedure after your results are out are.

--> Based on your reservation and Score, each company has it's own cutoff de

Wish you good luck.
17th March 2013, 04:23 PM
single1

Hai buddy....
With a GATE score of below 250 and SC category reservation you have more than a good chance of getting a job, but you must fulfill all the below mentioned conditions.

--> First thing you must belong to any one of the three branches i.e Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics to apply for jobs based on GATE score.
--> You must have written GATE 2012, only then your score will be valid for applying for jobs.
--> Just by securing a GATE score it won't let you job, you must also have applied for those jobs as soon as you have got the hall ticket from GATE.
--> In the month of January there was registration for students to apply for some of the govt organization that were participating in GATE.

If you have fulfilled all the above conditions then you're eligible of getting job with the mentioned score. The further procedure after your results are out are.

Wish you good luck.
17th March 2013, 04:28 PM
single1

Hai buddy....

Wish you good luck.
4th June 2013, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

i have not registered for PSUs prior to GATE exam ,and now I have just qualified GATE at the dead line ie 90 prcentile and 25 marks scoring 315.Could you plz tell me if i can still apply for a any private or public sector an d get recruited only on the basis of GATE scores alone.
23rd August 2013, 09:07 AM
Unregistered

My gate score is 27 and I ranked 17000 in the Mechanical engg discipline, I have applied for 8 Psu But stil now i didnt get call from any of the institutes....
Any suggestions for me please ............
2nd September 2013, 04:28 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.

Yes,you can get a job through GATE.Even though GATE basically a entrance exam for MTech,most of companies recruiting the students based on the GATE score.Since qualifying in the gate is not an easy task most of companies selecting the candidates based on the GATE score instead of conducting separate exam.Most of companies mentioning minimum gate score to apply for job.Now a days most of government jobs also based on gate score.So do well in the gate exam.
*****ALL THE BEST*******
12th September 2013, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I am in final year in mech.engg. and I have to apply for gate exam 2014.Please,tell me the study material for qualifying this exam other than coaching,because financially I am not able to pay for coachig.Please,reply... I am waiting for your reply..thank you...
12th September 2013, 08:58 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Hai friend

Yes,you can gfet a good job depending upon your GATE score.The GATE is a entrance exam for the M.Tech course and the score you have secured in GATE exam will be valid for a period of two years.And of the most companies recruit the candidates based on the GATE score also.So,if you have secured good score in GATE exam,then you can get a good job in top companies.

All The Best
12th September 2013, 10:39 PM
dj92
Junior Member+

Hi friend.

Yes, there is a chance of getting job through GATE scoring.
The GATE score is used show to psu companies.

The benefits via GATE score is, during selection the written and G.D sections will be skipped and you will be directly called for Personal Interview.

But to get a job , you need consider these two points below.
- Your percentile should be higher than 90.
- If you will be selected for m.tech via GATE then you cannot apply for psu because your score-card will be kept by the institute.

So a careful step is needed .

All the very best
13th September 2013, 04:19 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_k View Post
I am doing my engineering in EC branch. I am in 4th year. I am taking gate exam next year. I want to know what are the government companies which hires through Gate score. Is there any qualifying marks for gate. what should be the minimum score so that any company can hire the candidate.

Hi,

Yes, there are many government companies or PSUs which hire on the basis of GATE score.

These companies require candidate to submit their GATE score and qualify the exam to get job in Public sector undertaking companies.

Many of these companies come under Maharatna, Miniratna and Navratna status.

These companies notify about their vacancies in all the leading newspapers of India.

Some of these companies are ---

Gas Authority of India Limited ( GAIL )

Defence and Research Development Organization ( DRDO )

Steel Authority of india Limited ( SAIL )

Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited ( BHEL )

Indian Oil Corporation ( IOC )

ONGC

ECIL

MTNL

BSNL

15th September 2013, 03:29 PM
A.prashanth yadav

DEAR FRIEND

Yes, there are many government companies or PSUs which hire on the basis of GATE score.

These companies require candidate to submit their GATE score and qualify the exam to get job in Public sector undertaking companies.

Many of these companies come under Maharatna, Miniratna and Navratna status.

These companies notify about their vacancies in all the leading newspapers of India.

Some of these companies are ---

Gas Authority of India Limited ( GAIL )

Defence and Research Development Organization ( DRDO )

Steel Authority of india Limited ( SAIL )

Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited ( BHEL )

Indian Oil Corporation ( IOC )

ONGC

ECIL

MTNL

BSNL

best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
28th March 2014, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

hi my name is koteswararao

i have got a score of 342 in gate 2014 in ec branch which companies cam=n i apply the job? i am general candidate.
so plz help me to find a job.
i request you to send me to the mail id: [email protected]
30th March 2014, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

i got 26.75 marks in gate of obc,so can i eligible to do mtech in jntu and i got 10,375 rank,
plz send rply to [email protected]
8th April 2016, 08:49 PM
Ar. Jayati Sharma

Yes, but you should have a proper and deep knowledge of all your subjects from your graduation. It will be good if you not only rely on self study for a higher score.
7th December 2019, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

whether gate score is enough to get a govt job. is there any other round like GD etc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?