15th January 2012, 12:39 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Default Re: MBA/MCA confusion after B.Sc(IT)

After B.Sc I will suggest you to do the M.Sc or MCA the more depend on your interest in which you have to interest you should join. Because we can only suggest you; you have to study and have to pay the fee so always think some thing about your heart.
25th January 2012, 01:09 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

Hello friend,
I would suggest you to choose your own interest.
As you have already some IT background and you have some knowledge in that it will be beneficial for you by taking MCA.
But remember that if you are doing MCA make sure that you have to be placed i the job by the time you finish your mca otherwise outside market is so tough for mca students to be placed in good company.

But i prefer you to take MBA if you are not that much interested in mca because now a days these mba people are being sold as hot cakes. Allmost all the sectors and business are in very much need of these people as these will people will be the central of the organization and they are deciding the survival of the business...
thank you
1st February 2012, 12:01 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

hello

compared to MCA ,MBA (IT) is the best

the only problem is that you need to relocate in the company you join as an employee
you will get good salary in software companies if you finish the MBA (IT) ,
in addition to IT you can take HR where the scope is very very wide compared to other specialization ,
since you have good exposure to computer science you can opt for MBA (IT/HR)

all the best
1st February 2012, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir...
I am Nitasha.I am a Bsc.It student after my completion graduation i am confused with mca or mba.it . So Plz help me and tell me the better option which help in my future.
Thanking you....
1st February 2012, 06:28 PM
pragati kashyap

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
hi,
I am doing final year B.Sc (Information technology) . I have decided to write TANCET. I am in lot of confusion in doing MBA or MCA after graduation. Please help me in this matter.
both MBA and M.TECH are good from their point of view.ya but you should choose one in which you have interest.MBA is good from my point of view as it has many and very good oppurtunities and if have interest in marketing and management side then you surely have to adopt it
1st February 2012, 07:23 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Today every organization recruit specialize people in the the field.

MBA in IT has lot of scopes.

As you have done your B.sc in IT, MBA in IT/MCA is Best for you.

The immense growth in networking technologies is expected to continue into the next decade also.

You must do your MBA/MCA from good college .

For getting into good college you must score well in one of these below given exams
CAT ,MAT,XAT,GMAT.CMAT etc.

These types of examination consist questions on reasoning ,general awareness, English and quantitative aptitude.

Prepare well and get better score in these examination.
1st February 2012, 08:03 PM
qwertyuiop2758

Dear
I think that there is a great demand for MBA in the market as compared to MCA... Anyways, I would suggest you to choose the course of your interest.
Just by doing MBA and coming out with empty certificate will not fetch you anything. You should be good at your:-
1.Communication skills
2.Soft skills
3.Corporate knowledge
4.Continuous updation with the changes that are taking place in the business.
Thankyou
Aishwarya Mehrotra
1st February 2012, 08:37 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Don't get confused. Just listen to your heart. You have finished your B.Sc(IT). So in last three years you would have understood about the programming languages and IT field. If you are interested in programming you can join in MCA. If you are interested in becoming an HR or any other administration positions you can join in MBA.

If you are interested in taking your career path with computers and machines you can do MCA.

If you are interested in taking your career path with human beings and their emotions i would suggest you to do MBA.
1st February 2012, 09:11 PM
shehzad_7866

Default Doing BCA right now and want to do MBA-IT after that. is it good?

Hello.
This is shehzad from Mumbai.

I'm doing BCA right now. I have no interest in programming. so i wish to do MBA IT after my BCA course. But apart from BCA i wish to do certification of SAP n then will work for sometime n will grab experience and after that will go for MBA IT.

So Here can i get good job after my bca degree along with SAP ?
if yes...then here i will even get some experience before MBA.

n i wish to do MBA IT from abroad.

or what do u think should i do MBA - IT first and then should go for SAP?

So i want u people to tell me whether my plan is good or not?

Will i be able to make a good career in this?
Plz give ur ideas.

Thank u.!!
1st February 2012, 09:37 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
hi,
I am doing final year B.Sc (Information technology) . I have decided to write TANCET. I am in lot of confusion in doing MBA or MCA after graduation. Please help me in this matter.
hi!!

you can do post graduation program after B.SC .some of your chances for post graduation are as per following;

MCA(Masters of computer applications)

for this you need to give entrance exam for the variety of good colleges in india.however some colleges also give admission on the basis of percentage in GRADUATION

MBA (Masters of business administration )

it is a is a postgraduate programme by which you can get into the top MNC'S .with this you can become a MANAGER/Accountant/account officer etc

BEST COLLEGES FOR MBA

• Al the IIM'S give admission on the basis of performance in CAT EXAMS(Common admisssion test)
  • Xavier institute -it accept CAT scores also.also it conducts its own exam of entance
  • nirma university
  • SRCC,delhi(shri ram college of commerce)
for more details visit by CLICKING HERE

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
after MCA You will have a better opportunity as you will be closely related to your GRADUATION subjects .also, you can start your online business which will help you in future
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
hope this helped you.......

with regards
roknits
1st February 2012, 10:01 PM
malakars

Quote:
hi,
Hi,
I know its really confusing because its important decision as it is going to bring opportunities for your upcoming career. I will suggest you to first analyze yourself that in which field you can do better.

In MCA you will have privillage as you have a IT background which will help you in having good command on the subject to score good marks.It will help you in finding good Job oppertunities in well known IT companies.

But while doing MBA you will come across a totally new subject and its up to you if you can maintain your marks with it or not. As without good marks nothing will prove fruitful neither MBA nor MCA.

Thanks.
31st May 2012, 11:45 AM
ranjeet kumar sanjeet
Member+

dear friend.
you need to ask yourself what is that truly sets you pulse racing? is it technology? can you spend hours reading about and trying to develop new kinds of softwares? then mca is the right option for you . if how ever ,what interests you more is the business side of things and you have always wondered how businesses are run and driven, then mba is right choice for you.
all the best.
16th February 2013, 12:51 AM
Beawar

Dear..

It is really a nice decision of yours that you want to pursue Master degree after you graduation in BCA. First of all let me tell you that all the courses are important and has worth in some ways. There are pros and cons of every subject and hence you are the one who has to decide between the courses and i am sure you after reading the pros and cons of MBA and MCA you can easily make a decision.

MBA :-

cons :-
1. Relatively high fees
2. Job market is saturated now
3. Only sales jobs are in plenty
4. Tough entrance exam

PROS:-
1. Easy to switch job in future
2. Good job Opportunities
3. Better career growth
4. Good starting salary
5. Less technical as compare to MCA.

MCA :- It is also a two year course and the pros and cons of the course are as follows : -

1. Pros :-

1. Subject is related to what you have studied
2. Less fees as compare to MBA
3. Relatively easy entrance exam
4. Competition is lesser

Cons :-

1. Less jobs
2. Low starting salary
3. Not many options available in switching the job
4. Less progress in career.

Based on these points you can decide what and where you have to go.

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
19th February 2013, 04:19 PM
sanjaychauhan01

Hie,

MBA :-
cons :-
1. Relatively high fees
2. Job market is saturated now
3. Only sales jobs are in plenty
4. Tough entrance exam

PROS:-
1. Easy to switch job in future
2. Good job Opportunities
3. Better career growth
4. Good starting salary
5. Less technical as compare to MCA.

MCA :- It is also a two year course and the pros and cons of the course are as follows : -
1. Pros :-
1. Subject is related to what you have studied
2. Less fees as compare to MBA
3. Relatively easy entrance exam
4. Competition is lesser

Cons :-
1. Less jobs
2. Low starting salary
3. Not many options available in switching the job
4. Less progress in career.

Based on these points you can decide what and where you have to go.

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?