30th November 2010, 12:23 AM

MBA/MCA confusion after B.Sc(IT)

hi,
I am doing final year B.Sc (Information technology) . I have decided to write TANCET. I am in lot of confusion in doing MBA or MCA after graduation. Please help me in this matter.

30th November 2010, 01:15 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Default Re: MBA/MCA confusion after B.Sc(IT)

hi!

Both MBA & MCA offers bright career prospects with handsome pay package & lucrative perks. You can choose either of the two depending up on your interest & your potential to excel in a particular field.

Due to the increasing demand of IT services in India a MCA candidates gets good job with huge pay packets. You can join top IT companies like, Wipro, Infosys, TCS, Mahindra Satyam etc.

MBA offers a no. of electives to choose from. You can choose any elective depending upon your interest. Before selecting any elective you must be very clear in your mind as to in which field you will make your career . You have to select your elective accordingly.
30th November 2010, 06:54 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
I would suggest you to choose your own interest.
As you have already some IT background and you have some knowledge in that it will be beneficial for you by taking MCA.
But remember that if you are doing MCA make sure that you have to be placed i the job by the time you finish your mca otherwise outside market is so tough for mca students to be placed in good company.

But i prefer you to take MBA if you are not that much interested in mca because now a days these mba people are being sold as hot cakes. Allmost all the sectors and business are in very much need of these people as these will people will be the central of the organization and they are deciding the survival of the business.
30th November 2010, 04:25 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

MCA is the master degree in computer application. If you go for MCA them you have to study on computer subject. Your previous study will help you a lot for studying it. Also job opportunity is good.

But MBA is study on management subject. Your previous study will help you only a few if you go for MBA. But the job opportunity and salary pay scale is very high after completion of MBA.

Now you should think in which field you have interest. I think if you like your computer subject them you should go for MCA. Now choose yourself the best one for you.

Best wishes.
30th November 2010, 06:07 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: MBA/MCA confusion after B.Sc(IT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
hi,
I am doing final year B.Sc (Information technology) . I have decided to write TANCET. I am in lot of confusion in doing MBA or MCA after graduation. Please help me in this matter.
WELL GAYA,

both the streams are good.

MBA is masters in business administration and MCA is masters in computer administration.
both have great future ahead. and even now days too

now the thing is which should be chosen for career.??
1.depends on interests
2.depends on mood.

NOW MY SUGGESTION is go for MBA, as what i have seen the today's scenario, many company recommended the person having MBA first.
MBA has good job aspects and a great earning mode.

good luck.
30th November 2010, 06:37 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,

I would suggest you to choose the course of your interest why because you know your knowledge levels in IT and if you are good in that and if you have interest to do MCA, then please go for it.

Otherwise better to take MBA.Now days these people are being sold as hot cakes by corporate companies.

Just by doing mba and coming out with empty certificate will not fetch you anything. You should be good at your
1. Communication skills
2.Soft skills
3.Corporate knowledge
4.Continuous updation with the changes that are taking place in the business.

If time permits then try to attempt some of the modules of ncfm
30th November 2010, 08:40 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

As a student of BCA i can say that BCA would be more effective for you,because yiu have a IT background which will help you in your BCA level.

MBA is a management course there has a lot of opportunity but you are a science student and your subject is IT so you can go for BCA...

Thank you...
30th November 2010, 11:02 PM
neethubobby

hey hi
first try identifying your area of interest. if you want to do more of computer based studies and programming concepts then go in for MCA else select MBA if you have an inclination towards management.
all the best
30th November 2010, 11:41 PM
er.dellikannan

Quote:
hi,
very simple if want to go technically then do mca or administration means mba
1st December 2010, 12:24 AM
sandipk
Senior Member+

Hello friend,

MBA & MCA both are providing better career with better salary packages.
But you are a student of B.Sc(IT) , you are most accuanted with computer and based subjects, according to me you should not leave your core subject.
After complition of MCA you can join better compainies like, Wipro, Infosys, TCS, Mahindra Satyam etc.

Good luck....................
1st December 2010, 10:50 AM

[QUOTE=
I am doing final year B.Sc (Information technology) . I have decided to write TANCET. I am in lot of confusion in doing MBA or MCA after graduation. Please help me in this matter.[/QUOTE]

hi good morning
you have compilited your then you join the p.g in human rights, mba in human resource.befor joining you just tackle the cat,mat xat exam.
1st December 2010, 01:00 PM
muthal abhishek rajabhau

hi,
i think u should go with MCA as u r from that field but if u have an keen interest in management then u should go with MBA...
but MCA is better for u just to go with MBA....
BUT at last choice is ur's!!!
best luck...
1st December 2010, 02:32 PM
chandana Reddy

hi
if you want to do more of computer based studies and programming concepts then go for MCA else select MBA ..

good luck
1st December 2010, 03:06 PM
shannu18

gaya,

i would suggest you to do mca after your b.sc(it).mca is one of the popular and hot courses of today ,with lucrative perks and pay packages.technically,you"ll b the software engineer after mca & u don't have to suffer so much to do mca because you are already doing b.sc(it) but,at the end of the day,you have to decide regarding your interest.

all the best.
1st December 2010, 06:04 PM
nalawdeajit

i think mca is better for u becz u are from it back ground. choose the option based on ur knoeldgeot a future package
2nd December 2010, 10:09 PM
nalawdeajit

i think mca is good for u. becz ur from IT background. if u want to do mba then u choose it specilisation. ok all the best.
11th December 2010, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hi,
Hi Gaya

Kindly choose a career option that best suits you.

If you are interested in working in an IT field do consider doing a M.Sc program in IT or MCA .

If you have good managerial skills and want yo horn your career as a manager consider doing an MBA.
11th February 2011, 12:20 AM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Hi,

Its good that you are appearing for TANCET exam.Well there is nothing to be confused regarding choosing your career.Both the course are very good and having lots of scope.You can go for MBA if you are interested in Accounting and management if not you can go for MCA as it is related to BSC IT.It all depends upon the course of interested you are in.Your interest on the subject counts the most.Therefore i would suggest you that in which ever course you are interested in and you think you can do well in it,you can take that course.
11th February 2011, 11:35 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hi,
both are good for you.....

if you want to do MCA then, you can do it easily due do your B.scIT background.....
you can also do MBA in Information Technology...

its upto you....
11th February 2011, 02:12 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

hello ......
according to me after B.Sc in information technology you should go for the MBA in the branch you like ......
because it has very good scope in the future and they are paid handsomely with good package
these days even MBA students are in great demand.....
11th February 2011, 08:18 PM
mohit brh

both course are professional and have great scope in both private and PSU. but MBA is better option for you and it has great scope in both private and PSU. but finally depend upon your interest if you are interested in coputer than you can do MCA.
27th March 2011, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

hiee.
even i've confusion for mba or mca after b.sc(I.T)... i have given my CAT,MAT, and many exms for mba........... so now wat to do?
28th March 2011, 04:19 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hi,
Its All Depends Upon You And Your Interest, Besides That, Both The Field Have Good Future Scope.

And Both The Field Are Different From Each Other, One Is Computer Related Field And Other Is Management Field. So, Please Decide, In Which Field You Have a Great Interest.

In MBA Field It Would Be Easier To Pursue With HR, IT, Marketing And IB.

And If You Go For MCA, It Would Be Easier To You Because Those Subjects Have Been Studied By You Earlier And You Should Have Good Basic Concepts.

So, Please Think Properly And Choose Field According To Your Own Interest, Because Both The Field Are Good.

And After Completing One Of The Given Courses, You Will Get Good Jobs With High Salary Pacakage In Top Companies.
28th March 2011, 04:38 PM
sumit9897gaur

I think if you are doing good in B.Sc(IT) and want to carry on your I.T field with you and also want to go in managment stream than the best option for you is to join M.B.A(INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
there are top colleges which provides M.B.A courses:

1.Indian Institute of Management (Ahmedabad)
Address : Vastrapur, Ahmedabad - 380 015, INDIA
Contact No : 91 79 2630 8357, [email protected]

2.Indian Institute of Management (LUCKNOW)
Address : Prabandh Nagar, Off Sitapur Road,Lucknow,Uttar Pradesh,India,PIN : 226013
Contact No : 00(91)(522)2761397, 00(91)(522)2761437,

3.Indian Institute of Management (Bangalore)
Address : Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore, IndiaPin Code : 560 076
Contact No : 91-80-26582450

4.Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi University (FMS)(New Delhi)
Address : Faculty of Management StudiesUniversity of DelhiDelhi - 110007
Contact No : +91 11 2766 6382 / 6387 / 6388

5.Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (Mumbai)
Address : Backbay Reclamation, Mumbai, India. Pin - 400020
Contact No : +91 - 022 - 22024133 / 22024118 / 22025153

6.Xavier Labour Research Institute (XLRI) (Jamshedpur)
Address : XLRI Circuit House Area (East)Jamshedpur 831 001JharkhandIndia
Contact No : +91 - 657 - 398 3333

7.SP Jain Institute of Management & Research (Mumbai)
Address : Munshi Nagar, Dadabhai Road, Andheri West,Mumbai - 400 058, India.
Contact No : +91-22-2623 7454 / 0396 / 2401

8.Institute of Management Technology (Ghaziabad)
Address : Raj Nagar, Ghaziabad 201 001, India
Contact No : +91 0120 3002200

9.Xavier Institute of Management (Bhubaneshwar)
Address : Bhubaneswar - 751 013, India
Contact No : 91.674 3012345

10.International Management Institute (New Delhi)
Address : B-10, Qutab Institutional Area, Tara Crescent, New Delhi - 110016
Contact No : 2696-1437/3519/6143, 2686-3701, 2652-8276/9237/9338/9239

11.Management Development Institute (Gurgaon)
Address : Mehrauli RoadSukhrali, Gurgaon - 122001INDIA
Contact No : + 91 124 2349831-36, 4013050-59

12.FORE School of Management (New Delhi)
Address : B-18, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi, India
Contact No : 91-11-41242424-33

13.National Institute of Industrial Engineering (Mumbai)
Address : NITIE Campus,Near Vihar Lake,Mumbai 400087, Maharashtra, India
Contact No : 022 28575590

GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR FUTURE
28th March 2011, 06:27 PM
cricket007
Banned

Both MBA & MCA offers bright career prospects with handsome pay package & lucrative perks. You can choose either of the two depending up on your interest & your potential to excel in a particular field.

I would like to know your background, if you have done BCA and then going for MCA then this may be a good to choice to do , but if you have done some non computer course as your graduation then it may not be a good choice. So then you should go for a regular course instead of distant course.

Regular course can be done from any recognized university, from where you can get campus placements also, instead of keep on searching job in market. you can check following site
http://www.successcds.net/MCA
http://www.winentrance.com/exams

Scope of MBA

The scope for a MBA graduate is unparalleled. Apart from attractive pay packets and placements being offered at college-level itself, it opens doors to various sectoral opportunities. The Indian Corporate world has seen many MBA professionals occupying top slots in the corporate ladder.

Apart from Corporate careers, one can opt for entrepreneurship, work in co-operatives, NGO's as the opportunities are literally unlimited.

Even when the industry goes through trends/fads, like the recent dot com fad, MBAs are the first in and among the first out, thereby reaping the benefits of a rising industry and the smartness of exiting to a different industry when the fall happened. This is due to the multi-dimensional, multi-tasking quality an MBA possesses. For example: A MBA with Finance specialization does not necessarily fare poorly when the industry hits the doldrums. He gets onto marketing of financial services (say, marketing of mutual funds or insurance products), thereby reducing career risk.

Today, a Management Degree has become an attractive proposition, as there are attractive entry level salaries (including $ salaries offered by some MNC's) and typically, a Management Graduate gets absorbed into a Company through the Campus Placement Program of the Institute. The MBA Program offers a lucrative career option to both experienced professionals as well as fresh graduates.

For those in the business world, networking is key to getting ahead. With an online degree program, students are given the opportunity to network across a broad range of people, because they are studying with students from all around the globe. MBA degrees obtained online means you are not limited to networking with people within your county. This provides you incredible opportunities to connect with people in positions all across the country and acquire invaluable contacts within the business world.

Additionally, MBA degrees allow students to learn from a variety of top level professionals across the country. Because online colleges recruit professors, teachers and top executives from all around the world, students are able to interact with a variety of people completely through an online degree program. Anyone who desires to share their real world experience and are learned and experienced in their field can be a candidate for a teaching position at one of the top distance learning institutions. As a result, a student can have a professor from Stanford University for one class and another from Harvard the next.
28th March 2011, 07:18 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
hi,

Both courses MCA/MBA are good. You can choose any one course
according to your interest.
MCA :- Master of Computer Application.
MBA :- Master of Business Administration.
So i advise you to do any one course in which field your interest is more.
You must choose your future by own interest not by other interest.

After completing anyone course you will get a good job and also a smart salary.
28th March 2011, 08:36 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

See one thing that you have completed your B.Sc. degree in IT department. So now you have to do MCA degree because you are from software department.After completing your master degree i think you will be able to get job in the industry and then get chance in MBA.

good luck.
28th March 2011, 08:42 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

See one thing that you have completed your B.Sc. degree in IT department. So now you have to do MCA degree because you are from software department.After completing your master degree i think you will be able to get job in the industry and then get chance in MBA.

good luck.
30th March 2011, 07:58 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

I think MCA would be better choice as you have good background in IT and management would be a new field that you like or not ...dont think in monetary terms, interest is also must.
13th May 2011, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hi,
My doughter crent Stady in B.Sc. Part-II, in napur, Mumbai univiercity after B.Sc. Part -III yeras pass in MBA egucation in Best Collage/Univercity ans imidetly Job

Faithfully

Sanjay Kumar Tiwari
Duoghter POOJA SANJAY KUMAR TIWARI
Date of Birtj 14-04-1991
16th May 2011, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

I have given my xams of BSC.IT(HONS.)final year, m waiting for the result......... plz suggest me,what is the best option MBA/MCA for teaching in college?
26th May 2011, 09:54 AM
stranger351

I think you have to go for MSc because MCA and MBA both are different field from your course i.e. BSc..MSc is related with your field BSc..and it is good for you.
However MBA and MCA is good option but decision in your hand what you choose..
16th June 2011, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

what is today's requirement MBA/MCA
12th August 2011, 06:23 PM
DN358
Banned

Due to the increasing demand of IT services in India a MCA candidates gets good job with huge pay packets. You can join top IT companies like, Wipro, Infosys, TCS, Mahindra Satyam etc.

MBA offers a no. of electives to choose from. You can choose any elective depending upon your interest. Before selecting any elective you must be very clear in your mind as to in which field you will make your career . You have to select your elective accordingly.
12th August 2011, 06:24 PM
DN358
Banned

12th August 2011, 06:26 PM
DN358
Banned

I think if you are doing good in B.Sc(IT) and want to carry on your I.T field with you and also want to go in managment stream than the best option for you is to join M.B.A(INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)

Address : Prabandh Nagar, Off Sitapur Road,Lucknow,Uttar Pradesh,India,PIN : 226013

12th August 2011, 06:37 PM
DN358
Banned

12th August 2011, 06:39 PM
DN358
Banned

12th August 2011, 08:53 PM
saurabhkaushal333

mba in it and mca both are possible after bsc it.
12th August 2011, 08:55 PM
Sehwag6

both are good courses in terms of jobs and future scopes

mba:-

**master in business administration

**2year course

**eligibility is graduation from any stream

**you must write mat exam for mba

mca:-

**master in computer application

**3year course

**eligibility is graduation and 12th with maths

best of luck
12th August 2011, 09:01 PM
ammajii

Hi dear,

I would suggest you to choose your own interest.
As you have already some IT background and you have some knowledge in that it will be beneficial for you by taking MCA.
But remember that if you are doing MCA make sure that you have to be placed i the job by the time you finish your mca otherwise outside market is so tough for mca students to be placed in good company.

But i prefer you to take MBA if you are not that much interested in mca because now a days these mba people are being sold as hot cakes. Allmost all the sectors and business are in very much need of these people as these will people will be the central of the organization and they are deciding the survival of the business.
Thanks
12th August 2011, 10:15 PM
Azher88

Location: 697/4, Bhola Nagar, Kotla Mubarak pur, New Delhi-110003

Well after completion B.Sc.(IT) i will say its up to the student knowledge both course MBA and the MCA now it become very popular and important just because we know that we are living an age of industrial revolution and the both of course demand is too high, after B.Sc. (IT) student can do MBA (IT) just because both are same type field means to say both are related to IT and the other side MCA can do also. if the person want to make his career in computer programmer.
Finally the conclusion that query is to student after completion B.Sc. (IT) can do both course.
12th August 2011, 10:16 PM
Azher88

Location: 697/4, Bhola Nagar, Kotla Mubarak pur, New Delhi-110003

Well after completion B.Sc.(IT) i will say its up to the student knowledge both course MBA and the MCA now it become very popular and important just because we know that we are living an age of industrial revolution and the both of course demand is too high, after B.Sc. (IT) student can do MBA (IT) just because both are same type field means to say both are related to IT and the other side MCA can do also. if the person want to make his career in computer programmer.
Finally the conclusion that query is to student after completion B.Sc. (IT) can do both course.
13th August 2011, 02:43 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, if you have math in 12th the you will be eligiable for the the JELET exam to do MCA.

other wise you will not eligiable for the JELET exam.

also you are interested to work in IT industry then you must do MCA.

but if you are not interested to work in IT industry then it is essential to do MBA.

but one things you should remember, what you may do it may be MCA or MBA, you must do from reputed institute.

all the best........
15th August 2011, 09:16 PM
Harshita21

Both MCA and MBA are good option for any BSc. IT student

MBA leads you to the management line like : HR ,finance, Industrial,IT
There are two types of MBA
- Full Time
- Part Time

MCA leads to you to technical line .
Their are many govt and private sectors which recruits both MCA and B.Tech parallel for same job.
MCA is preferred over MBA because MCA leads to your Core of IT and you can easily get a good job in IT industry.
15th August 2011, 10:18 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

Hi dear,
both the streams are good.

MBA is masters in business administration and MCA is masters in computer administration.
both have great future ahead. and even now days too

now the thing is which should be chosen for career.??
1.depends on interests
2.depends on mood.

NOW MY SUGGESTION is go for MBA, as what i have seen the today's scenario, many company recommended the person having MBA first.
MBA has good job aspects and a great earning mode.

Thanks
31st August 2011, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

hi i m doing b.tech(IT),third year.I am in lot of confusion in doing MBA or MCA after b.tech. Please help me in this matter.
31st August 2011, 11:46 PM
cool.cristae

Hi dear,

I would suggest you to choose the course of your interest why because you know your knowledge levels in IT and if you are good in that and if you have interest to do MCA, then please go for it.

Otherwise better to take MBA.Now days these people are being sold as hot cakes by corporate companies.

Just by doing mba and coming out with empty certificate will not fetch you anything. You should be good at your
1. Communication skills
2.Soft skills
3.Corporate knowledge
4.Continuous updation with the changes that are taking place in the business.

If time permits then try to attempt some of the modules of ncfm
Thanks
2nd December 2011, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

I am Nivetha. I am doing my computer science(B.SC).I would like to do Mba. Can i succeed in Mba Finance as i'm not an accounce student?
Or whal else in Mba i can take?What if i take MBA(IT)?
10th December 2011, 09:40 AM
khushboo naushin

dear friend..
what ever you want to do so you have choose that becouse both are the good course and its better for future. if you are completed B SC so from my openion you schold do the MCA...
GOOD LUCK.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?