19th March 2012, 09:58 AM
amrk535

Default Re: what is the difference between IES & Engineering Examination in UPSC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apudutta1 View Post
what is the difference between IES & ENGG Examination in UPSC?? ....I am a fianal year student of Applied Electronics Instrumentation...am i eligible for this examination?????
Both are different
IES is Indian Economic Services
Engineering services is for B-Tech graduates
You are eligible for only Engineering Services.
Check IES notification 2011
http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/2011/IESISS2011/iesiss_eng.pdf
6th April 2012, 06:19 PM
Unregistered S.M.AHMAD

Default Re: what is the difference between IES & Engineering Examination in UPSC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul k View Post
my friends you are eligible for this exams, and there are no difference in both the exams , both these are same.
Both are same. UPSC conducts exam for engineer (Class One) in the month of June every year and in the name Engineering Services exam and in December of every in the name of Indian Engineering Services. Syllabus as well as Job is the same.
6th April 2012, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

IES STANDS FOR INDIAN ECONOMIC SERVICE AND ALSO FOR INDIAN ENGINEERING SEVICE. HOWEVER BOTHE THE EXAM i.e IES & ES IS SAME PLZ SEE UPSC CALLENDAR FOR
EXAM 2012 U WILL NOTE THAT AT S.No 7 ES EXAM WILL BE IN THE MONTH OF JUNE 2012 AND S.No 19 IES EXAM WILL BE HELD IN THE MONTH DECEMBER 2012. IN OTHER
WORDS U CAN SAY EXAM FOR ENGEERING SERVICES IS CONDUCTED TWICE IN A YEAR ONE IN THE NAME OF ES AND THE OTHER IN THE NAME OF IES THOUGH BOTH ARE
FOR ENGINEERS CLASSIFIED AS CLASS ONE OFFICER. HOPE THIS WILL MAKE YOU ALL CLEAR.

S.M.AHMAD
6th April 2012, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

IES STANDS FOR INDIAN ECONOMIC SERVICE AND ALSO FOR INDIAN ENGINEERING SEVICE. HOWEVER BOTHE THE EXAM i.e IES & ES IS SAME PLZ SEE UPSC CALLENDAR FOR
EXAM 2012 U WILL NOTE THAT AT S.No 7 ES EXAM WILL BE IN THE MONTH OF JUNE 2012 AND S.No 19 IES EXAM WILL BE HELD IN THE MONTH DECEMBER 2012. IN OTHER
WORDS U CAN SAY EXAM FOR ENGEERING SERVICES IS CONDUCTED TWICE IN A YEAR ONE IN THE NAME OF ES AND THE OTHER IN THE NAME OF IES THOUGH BOTH ARE
FOR ENGINEERS CLASSIFIED AS CLASS ONE OFFICER. HOPE THIS WILL MAKE YOU CLEAR.

S.M.AHMAD
6th April 2012, 07:07 PM
Unregistered S.M.AHMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Unfortunately I have provided wrong DOB in Engineering Service Examination 2012. Shall I have to face any problem in next attempt?
FOR ENGINEERS CLASSIFIED AS CLASS ONE OFFICER. HOPE THIS WILL MAKE YOU CLEAR.

S.M.AHMAD
6th April 2012, 11:10 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IES and Engineering Examination in UPSC are one and same.

IES -INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE conducted by UPSC once every year for recruitment of Engineers in the top technical post under various Dept. under Central Govt. such as:-

MECHANICAL
CIVIL
ELECTRICAL
ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATION

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree in Engineering in any stream or pass from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through written exam based on the subject from above braches of Engineering followed by personal interview.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
27th April 2012, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE IES AND ESE.INFORM APPLICATION DATES DETAILS FOR BOTH EXAMS I AM B.TECH EEE FRESURE. AM I ELIGIBLE FOR BOTH THE TWO EXAMS?
12th December 2012, 11:24 PM
Vinay971

Frnds there is difference between ies and engg service exams thats why they are held at different dates...
6th January 2013, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

Can a B.tech ece student apply for IES exam
28th February 2013, 11:34 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
what is the difference between IES & ENGG Examination in UPSC?? ....I am a fianal year student of Applied Electronics Instrumentation...am i eligible for this examination?????
There is no difference between IES and engineering exam in upsc and yes you can apply for the exam.

For more details you can visit www.upsconlin.nic.in
1st March 2013, 04:20 PM
bpraveen b

Wink Re: what is the difference between IES & Engineering Examination in UPSC?

Hi

Indian engineering service examination(IES) & Engineering Examination are both the same. This exam is conducted every year by the (UPSC). As per the eligibility criteria if a student has appeared in the final year are also eligible for this examination.

The basic eligibility criteria for this exam is given below:

EDUCATION QUALIFICATION:

1. Candidates having degree in Engineering from a recognized University are eligible to apply for this exam.(MECHANICAL, E& C, CIVIL ENGG BRANCH)

AGE LIMIT:

The minimum age limit for this exam is 21 years and maximum age limit for this exam is 30 years.

*Students appearing in the final year of engineering are eligible for this exam"

ALL THE BEST
1st March 2013, 06:01 PM
No 1
Senior Member+

Hi...
Friends,

Both exam are not same.

IES stand for - Indian Engineering Service.

UPSC stand for - Union Public Service Commission.

All the best...........................
1st March 2013, 07:57 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

There is absolutely no difference between IES and Engineering examination in UPSC.

UPSC is conducting IES(Indian Engineering Service) every year for appointment of young Engineers in the top technical post under various Dept. under Central Govt.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for he final B.Tech. Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Universitry within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate can apply for IES exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st March 2013, 08:45 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
Indian Engineering Services and Engineering Exam in U.P.S.C are same.

Friend after passing B.Tech in Applied Electronics Instrumentation you are not eligible for I.E.S exam.

For I.E.S exam candidate must pass Engineering in any one branch mention below:-
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics Engineering

You can apply other exam conducted by U.P.S.C like:-
> Civil Services
> Combined Defence Services
> Central Police Force

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
11th August 2013, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

I'm student of Information Technology now i'm student of third year in B.Tech can i appear for IES and UPSC after next year? plz give me answer.........
15th April 2014, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

if both exams(ies n es) r same,thn why there is a difference in dates,one date is 24 may n another is 20 june,y is it so
14th October 2014, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: what is the difference between IES & Engineering Examination in UPSC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfaanbasha View Post
hi friend i think IES stands for Indian Economic service.Engineering service exam held on some day an IES/ISS exam held on some day..both r not same i think so.
This is the ONLY RIGHT ANSWER to the question in this thread....!!!!
WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?