20th June 2015, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Is UPSC exam enough for getting a government job in Mechanical and Civil Engineering field?

Sir/Mam,

I am wanted information about Government job in Mechanical & civil. Is UPSC is root of getting this job? How I can prepare for Government job? Can someone give me the information on this to prepare for the exam soon? Waiting to get the answer.

Related Questions:
  1. How to get a good government job after B.E in mechanical engineering?
  2. Which are the government jobs available for a mechanical student in government field?
  3. Eligibility for job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in Civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  4. How to get a government job after passing mechanical engineering with 75% aggregate
  5. Eligibility for applying job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  6. What are the various competitive exams to write for getting government job while doing B.Tech Civil Engineering 3rd year?
  7. How to prepare for government job in civil engineering?
  8. Which field is better in mechanical engineering?
  9. How to get Government job after completing diploma in Civil Engineering?
  10. WHICH IS BETTER B. Arch (Architecture) or B. Tech (Civil/ Mechanical engineering) ? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can a B.Tech.(IT) final year student apply for IES exam?
  12. How to get a job in Government Sector after doing Civil Engineering?
  13. List of colleges offering Psychology?
  14. List of colleges offering DGO after BAMS?
  15. Which field should I join after diploma mechanical engineering to join a government job? Government vacancies in mechanical diploma?
  16. How to get a job in government section after completing diploma in civil engineering
  17. Can I do M.Tech. in Civil Engineering after B.E. in Mechanical Engineering?
  18. How many posts are available in government field after passing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
20th June 2015, 05:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is UPSC exam enough for getting a government job in Mechanical and Civil Engineering field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I am wanted information about Government job in Mechanical & civil. Is UPSC is root of getting this job? How I can prepare for Government job? Can someone give me the information on this to prepare for the exam soon? Waiting to get the answer.
Yes, B.Tech or B.E Mechanical or Electrical engineering candidates are eligible for UPSC IES exam.

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination.

If you have completed bachelor engineering degree course then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination but your written exam subjects are -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from above mentioned subject. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible for IES Exam. Final year student are also eligible for IES exam.

The applicant age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

SC/ST = 5 years
OBC =3 years
PWD =10 years
Ex-Servicemen = 5 years
15th June 2017, 04:49 PM
Ezhil Gold Shelton N

Smile Re: Is UPSC exam enough for getting a government job in Mechanical and Civil Engineering field?

Hai friend,
If you like to get a engineering job in the field of mechanical and civil you should need to clear the IES examination conducted by union public service commission for engineering graduates after getting cleared in this examination you can get higher positional engineering related jobs in Indian government
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?