7th September 2011, 06:49 PM
fahran

Default Re: Can I give IIT JEE exam more then once? I even took a gap after my first attempt

dear friend,
IIT can be given in two attempts. first while appearing for your 12th board exams and 2nd time the very next year. if you took a gap after 1st attempts then you lost the chances of giving it again.
better of luck
9th September 2011, 06:23 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I give IIT JEE exam more then once? I even took a gap after my first attempt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankesh kumar View Post
i have passed 12th board exam with 60.8 percent from bihar board in 2009 but i passed 10th board exam with 72.5 percent from bihar board in 2006. In duration of 2006-08 i was suffering from depression and some other mental problems so i was not able to appear 12th board exam in consecutive year. I have all my doctor treatment certificates of a government pshychetrist. I have once already appeared in iitjee 2009. AM I ELIGIBLE TO APPEAR IN IITJEE 2010.PLEASE REPLY SOON
Eligibility for IIT-JEE

according to the IIT guidelines,the candidate who fulfills the underlying conditions is eligible to give IIT-JEE

1) a 12th pass-out student having 60% aggregate or above in PCM in 12th boards is eligible for giving the IIT-JEE

2) the candidate who has passed his 12th in the year 2009 can appear for the IIT-JEE 2009 and IIT-JEE 2010..

so yes..you are definitely eligible for giving IIT-JEE in 2010..

all the best..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
14th January 2012, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I give IIT JEE exam more then once? I even took a gap after my first attempt

sir, i have passed 12th class in 2010 and did not attempt iit-jee exam before. I have to give iit-jee in 2013.Am i eligible to give iit-jee?
4th February 2012, 04:56 PM
qwertyuiop2758

Dear
You get a chance of giving IIT exam 2 times.... But if you have taken a gap after your first attempt, then I am very sorry to say that you cannot give IIT exam now...I mean you can give IIT exam in 2 consecutive years....
Thankyou
Aishwarya Mehrotra
20th March 2012, 01:43 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

only two attempts for iit jee....ie...two consecutive years after 10+2......so it doesnt matter if u have taken drop before appearing for10+2 that too with a genuine reason.......
dont worry u are eligible ..study well..
best of luck
2nd April 2012, 10:23 PM
zeya007

Minimum eligibility criteria to appear in IITJEE

you should be 12th pass with minimum 60% marks or appearing in 12th.
You should have PCM as your main subjects in 12th.
you are allowed only 2 attempts to appear in JEE which is counted from the year you are appearing in 12th board.

Best of luck...
14th June 2012, 11:45 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in IIT-JEE 2010 but this will be your last chance.

Because, according to eligibility criteria of IIT-JEE exam, a candidate can appear in this exam only times consecutively i.e. if he/she misses this chance he/she can't give IIT-JEE exam anymore. So, don't miss this chance and work hard to get selection in IIT-JEE.

However, it is good that you are having all your doctor treatment certificates of a government psychiatrist.

Good Luck!!
15th June 2012, 03:35 PM
aatif2

the eligibility criteria to appear for IITJEE is given below:-
1)The candidate should not be more than 25 years of age.
2)You should have passed class XII exam with 60% marks.
3)An interval of not more than 2 years should be between the year of passing class XII exam and the year of appearing for IITJEE.
4)You cannot appear for more than two times in the exam.
15th June 2012, 06:23 PM
kinnarnara

hi,
You are not eligible iit-jee exam.
Because you can join iit-jee exam two continous year.
Due to gap year,
You are not eligible.
15th June 2012, 06:29 PM
aatif1

Yes you can give iitjee for the second time only and not at all for the third time since you can sit for the exam for a maximum of 2 times only. Also you cannot sit if your age has crossed 25. And the maximum interval of time between your passing of class XII and your year of appearing for the exam is 2 years.

best of luck!!!
15th June 2012, 08:35 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

IIT JEE allows candidates to give exam for two times.
You have the marks required to sit for the exam and also the medical files to show. So don't worry and give the exam fearlessly.

Good luck
16th June 2012, 12:27 AM
aatif4

yes you can give the exam more than once provided that you are:-
1)less than or are 25 years of age
2)you have given the exam only once befor this attempt(which means that you can appear for this exam only twice)
3)the interval of years between the year of passing class XII and the year of appearing for IITJEE should not exceed 2 years
4)and you have managed to score 60% in your class XII exam(QE-qualifying examination)

the above four points are the eligibility criteria for IITJEE as of till 2012.
best of luck!!!
16th June 2012, 12:02 PM
aTRazan

Listed below are the eligibility criterias for IITJEE exam:-
1)The candidate should not be more than 25 years of age.
2)The candidate should not sit for the exam for more than 2 times.
3)The interval between the year of passing class XII and the year of sitting for the exam should not exceed 2 years.
4)The candidate must have secured at least 60% in his class XII exam.

The above four points are the eligibility criterias for IITJEE and you are required to qualify for all the criterias. only then you will be eligible to sit for the exam.
17th November 2012, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

My date of birth is 09 Jan 1994 and I passed my high school examination with 90% in 2009 and then I passed my eleventh class in 2010 and then i got ill so i have to drop my intermediate for two years 2011 and 2012 but now i am fit and i wanted to give my intermediate in 2013. Am I eligible for iitjee for the year in which i qualify my intermediate exam ie for iitjee 2014
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?