27th February 2013, 10:50 PM
narendra B.

Default Re: Minimum Qualification required to appear for IPS or UPSC Exam? Can I appear for this Exam having scored 48.14% in Graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerules View Post
what are minimum qualifications required for IPS exam or UPSC exam.i am graduate with 48.14% in last year of tybcom.so can i appear for IPS or UPSC exam
Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Services Examination every year and if you want to become IPS officer then you have to apply for Civil Services Examination.

One must be an Graduate in any discipline from a recognised university for Civil Services Examination.

The age limit for Civil Services Exam is as follows:

General Category- 21 to 30 years

OBC Category- 21 to 33 years

SC/ST Category- 21 to 35 years

If you have age on your side then you can apply for IPS exam.

The number of attempts are limited hence you have to be well prepared for this exam then only you will become an IPS officer.

The examination is a three tier process:

-CSAT

-Mains

-Interview

For becoming IPS officer you also have to be medically fit otherwise you will be rejected.

So be prepared for the exam if you really want to become an IPS officer.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
27th February 2013, 11:01 PM
narendra B.

Default Re: Minimum Qualification required to appear for IPS or UPSC Exam? Can I appear for this Exam having scored 48.14% in Graduation?

Quote:
what are minimum qualifications required for IPS exam or UPSC exam.i am graduate with 48.14% in last year of tybcom.so can i appear for IPS or UPSC exam
Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university

Age Limits :
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years

Age Relaxation-:
i. SC/ST - 5 years
ii. OBC - 3 years

No. of permissible attempts :

Four for General Category
Seven for OBCs
and no limit for SCs/STs
27th February 2013, 11:07 PM
narendra B.

Quote:

Age Limits :
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years

Age Relaxation-:
i. SC/ST - 5 years
ii. OBC - 3 years

No. of permissible attempts :

Four for General Category
Seven for OBCs
and no limit for SCs/STs
27th February 2013, 11:37 PM
sarthaknath

Re: Minimum Qualification required to appear for IPS or UPSC Exam? Can I appear for this Exam having scored 48.14% in Graduation?

HELLO FRIENDS,,

IPS-INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer one has to appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years, in order to apply for Civil Service exam.

There is no percentage of marks criteria to appear for Civil Service exam so being secured 48.14% marks in Graduation, you can apply for this exam.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

There is certain Physical Fitness test to be undergone those applying for IPS.

For further information you may log on to official website of UPSC i.e.www.upsc.gov.in
28th February 2013, 01:32 AM
Beawar

Dear..

The eligibility for the exam is as follows :-

1. All graduate are eligible
2. Graduation must be done from a recognized university
3. Only Indian citizen are eligible
4. Age limit is 20-30 years
5. Graduation subject does not matter at all
6. relaxation to those who belong to SC, ST and OBC
7. Attempts are also limited that is why a thorough preparation in mandatory.
8. No minimum percentage criteria for IAS.

So you have seen that there is no percentage criteria required to be complete for the IAS exam and hence your low marks in the graduation is not a matter to worry here.

One more thing that i want to tell you is that you are 100% qualified for the exam and you do not have to worry for the exam as all stream are equally eligible for the exam and hence you can go for the exam with arts stream also

Exam is conducted in 3 stages.

IAS Preliminary
IAS Mains
IAS Interview

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
28th February 2013, 07:44 AM
end of query
Senior Member+

Yes friend, you're eligible for giving the IAS exam even with this passing marks because the only academic criteria is that you should be a graduate from a recognized Indian university with the minimum passing marks. 33%.
And your age should be in between 21-30 years of age.
The exam is conducted by the upsc and the official site of upsc is
Www.upsc.gov.in
28th February 2013, 09:11 AM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
To be eligible for the upsc exam you hold graduation degree in any field from recognnized univrsity and your marks in graduation doesn't matter.The only thing is that you have passed your graduation.

So you can apply for it.
28th February 2013, 11:05 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

IPS-Indian Police Service exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) one time in a year.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate should be complete bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

Percentage is not required for this examination.

Candidates must be an INDIAN origin.

Age criteria details:-

General Candidates--> 21 to 30years,

OBC candidates--> 21 to 33 years,

SC/ST candidates--> 21 to 35 years.

Stages in Selection:-

Preliminary examination,

Mains examination,

Personal interview.

Number of attempts:-

General--> 4times,

OBC--> 7 times,

SC/ST--> no limit.

Syllabus:-

For more information CLICK HERE.

All the best.
29th May 2013, 10:13 PM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Age Limits :

Age Relaxation:
i. SC/ST - 5 years
ii. OBC - 3 years

No. of attempts:
Four for the general candidates,
Seven for the OBC candidates,
No such restriction for the SC\ST candidates,

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?