30th August 2011, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How much height and weight required for IPS exam? Basic qualifications required for IPS exam?

Sir i have completed my graduation from a recognised university,i am also appearing master degree from an open university & also going to appear for mat exam,am i eligible for the post & sir please say when the next sessions exam is going to be held.
31st August 2011, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How much height and weight required for IPS exam? Basic qualifications required for IPS exam?

WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT STAGES OF IPS EXAM?
11th September 2011, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

my name is harshit gupta
i want to became an ips officer
what i do?
i m student of BCA thired year
thank you
25th September 2011, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum rank in police who passed ips
10th October 2011, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

i m in final year of mine degree so can i aplly for civil sevices?
10th October 2011, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir/madam,
Am a girl, pursuing B.Pharmacy 3rd yr in regular basis under JNTU universities.. i would like to appear for ips entrance exam.. my age is under 20's, am i eligible for this post wid my pharmacy background..?? can u please give me the total details to become an ips officer like the exam dates? syllabus? fees? institutes offering the course and its duration? physical & mental qualifications required?
18th October 2011, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

i am still doing my 3rd B.E...
when iam going to apply ips exam
22nd October 2011, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

what is the duration of ips training??
30th October 2011, 07:22 PM
dolly91
Senior Member+

hii dear
Educational Qualification:-
To become IPS officer you have to appear for UPSC exam.
Age limt being 21 to 30 years.Upper age limit is relaxed for reserved category students.
One has to be a graduate or should be a final year graduate student.

Physical Eligibility:-
Height -
Male 165 cm
Female 150 cm

Chest -
Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.
thank you
5th November 2011, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

how many year in IPS?
5th November 2011, 09:48 PM
VegaSridhar

Hi friends,

Here are the major details of medical test for IPS officers.

Eye sight - 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.
Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye.
The correction is by lenses only.
High standard for the Colour-blind test.
No inherent night blindness.
Vision should stereoscopic.

Blood pressure (High) - Age 23 - 123, age 24 - 124, age 25 -122, age 28 - 124, age 30 -125, age 32 - 126, age 34 - 127.

Ladies should not be pregnant at the time of Medical Test.

Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity.
1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment should not be more than 30 decibels.

You should not have stammer while speaking , this is also very important.

And remember that you don't need to run 10km or so as part of fitness test.

All The Best

Vega Sridhar

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_physical_requirements_for_indian_poli ce_service#ixzz1KL5S3bs2
25th November 2011, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

if a person is a sportsman then have any opportunity for a candicate to become ips officer.
31st January 2012, 12:54 AM
swati_forum

Educational Qualification:-
To become IPS officer you have to appear for UPSC exam.
Age limt being 21 to 30 years.Upper age limit is relaxed for reserved category students.
One has to be a graduate or should be a final year graduate student.

Physical Eligibility:-
Height -
Male 165 cm
Female 150 cm

Chest -
Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.
15th February 2012, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
WHAT IS THE EDUCTION QUALIFICATION FOR I.P.S
4th March 2012, 08:54 AM
Unregistered

in which police academy height limit is not their.
rply me:-
[email protected]
15th March 2012, 08:04 PM
ramandeep.2dec

Physical qualification for IPS:

Height: The male candidate should be 165cm and female candidate should be 150cm for general category candidates. In the case of candidates coming under SC/ST/OBC the height required is 160cm for male and 145cm for female.

Chest: Minimum requirement in the case of male candidates is 84cm and they should be able to expand the chest for 5cm. In the case of female candidates the minimum requirement is 79cm and they should be able to expand the chest for 5cm.

Eye sight: 6/12 or 6/9 distant vision for worse eye and 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. Near vision for worse eye is J2 and for good eye is J1.

The physical standards are essential for IPS, which includes weekly run for 10kms in 60 minutes, rope climbing, horse riding, PT obstacles, etc…
30th April 2012, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

HELLO SIR MEIN EK IPS OFFICER BANANA CHAHTI HU PAR MERE PERENTS KO YE PASAND NAHI HAI MEIN KYA KARU ABHI ME M COM KAR RAHI HU
15th May 2012, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

when ips exam will be held?
20th May 2012, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

i have finished my 12th std,my aim is to become as an IPS officer so pls say me what course can i take its very urgent at the same time i would like to join in enggg course so which engg course is suitable for me
11th October 2012, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

hi sir i am diploma in mech branch i have to say ;to give upsc exam what will be select post &how to select the books alsowhat are they give info plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sir
1st March 2013, 10:30 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph rinaldo View Post
what is the height and weight required for IPS exam?
what is the basic qualification for writing ips examination
The height required for the exam is:

* For female 155 cms

* For male 165 cms

And the weight is proportional to height.
15th September 2013, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

My wish is to be an IPS Officer
30th May 2014, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

My age is 21 just now im completed my graduation2014
How to conduct civil exams ???? Sir/ medom
25th November 2014, 11:05 AM
ashafi2

I am foreighner working qatar, i completed b.com second class my age 23 height 168, how to apply for ips?
4th January 2015, 08:49 AM
Unregistered

Post Re: How much height and weight required for IPS exam? Basic qualifications required for IPS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
B.tech qualification enafe for the I.P.S
I am studying B.Tech. in Bangalore. my age is 19 years old .my height is 5.9feet.how to apply for upsc service examination?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?