21st September 2010, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it better to do MTECH or JOB?

Dear friends
I will give u advise that first do the job for atleast 1-2 year then go for M-tech,because every company demands for experience.
Thanks regards
LEKHA MOURYA
QA & QC Engineer
SEPCO(MNC-CHINA)
22nd September 2010, 11:38 PM
Saikiran M

Arrow Re: Is it better to do MTECH or JOB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpatil4u View Post
is it better to do M TECH ,rather than doing job after completion of BE
Mr. Girish,

According to the present situations in the industry, for BE engineers it is better
to carry on their Higher studies along with some professional jobs.
In the formal sense, do apprenticeship or work in any organization for part time.

Again, its routine that we can give you suggestions on you query but the real
answer lies within you. There is no harm if you do any job or not....
So, what my personal suggestion is "Just go with your own interest and comfort,
if you know what i mean"

Sit Alone and make your own and unique way, don't follow others all the time.

All the very best for your future.
23rd September 2010, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

its better to go for job than M.Tech,you will get nothing by doing M.Tech,u will loose experience of 2 years which costs u a lot than what you get by doing M.Tech,more over no preference will be there in any software companies,so go for job,this is the voice of an experienced person who is facing lot of problems by doing M.Tech
25th September 2010, 04:42 PM
subhash1206

it is more better to do m.tech if you want becme a master of your filed and if get good job them choose job as a final decission best of luck
26th September 2010, 12:48 PM
meeria

dear friend

this is totaly depend on you if you interest about more study then you can do M.tech after qualifying GATE exam
if you want to job then you can join

have a good day
11th October 2010, 01:34 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

I suggest you if you get job during your btech time , then it is good and if not then you have two options:
-Either you try for a job after BE and in the mean time prepare for the engineering studies ie GATE. This will give you obviously technical knowledge and better chance to try your luck.
-Or you do only try to get job and register yourself at various consultancies for job .
But I think you should try to do MTech as it will give you better job option among the crowd of BTech students
10th November 2010, 04:38 PM
chandana Reddy

hi...
if you get a good job after btech then work for 2 years or so..then go for mtech...

good luck
19th December 2010, 12:55 PM
sindhusweety

hello friend,
it is better to do MTECH because for every student higher education is very important as they have much more opportunities to get in to job.Higher qualification is required and it is mandatory to have a good job and to have a good career. so please choose to take MTECH. it depends on your interest if you do not have any responsibilities it is better to take MTECH.
6th January 2011, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

why doing m tech in anna university is not goog ah
22nd January 2011, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

I am an electronics and telecommunication engineer. I got placed in a big IT company and completed its training. I've been posted to my base branch and the nature of work is completely opposite to what we've been trained.They've mentioned that we would not be learning any technology or our technical knowledge would not be required but our soft skills would be developed in these two years. I feel that i should have concentrated more on my post graduation rather than joining the company. Now I feel that i should resign and continue with further studies. But I am in a dilemma as it is hard to leave a job already in hand and study for another two years. Should I for IES and public sector units? I'm very confused what should i do?
28th January 2011, 08:11 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

It is your own interest, if you are able to get admission for M.Tech in good college, you go for M.Tech.

One more thing that I suggest you is M.Tech people are also paid the similar salary or a little more than that.

Go for MBA which is highly demanding course in the recent times. The reason why B.Tech and then MBA offers good career is these people will be good at both the technical aspects and managerial aspects.

Anyway with the completion of B.Tech, you can apply for variety of jobs like
-Bank probationary officers
-You can join in air force
-have good jobs in railways
-Recently management trainees notification in FCI
-BSNL JTO jobs
-More jobs in IT companies
16th March 2011, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

mine gate score is 404.Rank 10353
I am confused what to do job or M-tech
18th March 2011, 02:18 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

M.Tech is known as the Master of Technology. It is a post graduate level degree. If you want to learn more then M.Tech is batter for you and the demand for M.Tech holder is more in the many company. If you do M.tech course then after completing you will get a good job in a big company.
18th March 2011, 05:30 PM
rajilakshman

Thumbs up Re: Is it better to do MTECH or JOB?

After completing b.e u can go for a job and do mtech in correspondence...

This would be a gud choice
15th April 2011, 11:56 AM
sureshcbe
Member+

If you want your career in better R&D, then go for MTech,

One more think, to stand out from the huge crowd of BTech job seekers, many opts for mtech.But you must improve your knowledge vastly.
23rd May 2011, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

is the xperience gained through job and m.tech resemble d same.??
8th June 2011, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

it depends on your branch..if u r frm core i.e; ece mech etc a master degree will fetch u a lot if it is 4m iits or nits..in case of a cse student xperience fetches mmore to his career rather than a master degree...in case u get a seat in iit(4r cse) to satisfy urself that "i did in iit " do it ..dont even compromise for nit s...
18th June 2011, 05:43 PM
vatesh

please suggest me what to do ??
M.E (SOFTWARE SYSTEMs) at BITS PILANI or JOB at SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS(4.94L)
11th August 2011, 09:46 AM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

Hi dear,

Its a controversial question brother.
I think it solely depends upon you whether what you want to do. If you are bored after your studies and are looking for some change then doing a Job would be a smart choice but if your still hungry for knowledge and would like to apply for higher education then Mtech would help you get rid of you technical hunger

So sit back on your couch today and ask yourself this question "Am I really interested to do a job ?
you you surely get a better answer then us

Thanks
14th August 2011, 02:56 PM
Bmsri

Quote:
If you are interested to study more in the same field and you are financial good,it is better for you study M TECH.
The other option for you is to go for the job after your B TECH and to gain experience for 2 to 3 years and then do your M TECH.
The option is yours and depends on your interest.
Good Luck.
30th October 2011, 09:28 AM
Unregistered

is that better to do MS after doing MTECH or ME or it is waste of years or something ?
10th May 2012, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

well i believe mtech has its own charisma so going for it is a good option..of coarse it opens a way to big mncs and to the bigger world ahead but mtech after btech is like continuous 6 years of study and if you drop a year for preparation of GATE than its like 7 years.I would suggest take a break for a while,explore yourself to the world,go for a job and see what you want to do i mean which stream of your branch you want to go.Practical knowledge is really important to choose the branch in mtech and also mtech becomes much valuable with experience becoz in world of technology experience has its own benifits...
so i would say prepare well for gate and try to get good score(more than 600 for iits),appear for interviews and if you get good job then do go fr job and secure your gate card for a year.After taking experience go for mtech,its gonna be a good break as well as add up value to your professional life.
13th August 2012, 06:41 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

It is better to do mtech because you get more value after having mtech then btech,
your starting salary and the speed of promotion is more,but it is advisable to do mtech from some reputed college like iit only then its fetching.
14th August 2012, 01:39 AM
randeephooda.2012

Hi dear,

Its a controversial question brother.
I think it solely depends upon you whether what you want to do. If you are bored after your studies and are looking for some change then doing a Job would be a smart choice but if your still hungry for knowledge and would like to apply for higher education then Mtech would help you get rid of you technical hunger

So sit back on your couch today and ask yourself this question "Am I really interested to do a job ?
you you surely get a better answer then us

Thanks
19th March 2014, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir
I passed my 10th & 12th in 2002 & 2005 with 57 & 66 marks respectively. I passed my b.tech(ec) with 60 %. I prepared for gate exam 2014. i calculate my marks in solution provide by made easy is 20. I am from sc category. I am working in a company with 8 month . Is it good to go for M.tech or prepare for m.tech or continue to my job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?