6th April 2014, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I do M.Tech after B.E.? Is GATE compulsory?

can i do mtech after be? Is gate is copulsary for mtech? What score is necessay for mtech? can i do mtech after be? Is gate is compulsary for mtech? What score is required for mtech?

8th April 2014, 06:43 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do M.Tech after B.E.? Is GATE compulsory?

Yes, you can definitely pursue M.Tech degree course after the completion of your B.E course. No, qualifying in the GATE exam is not compulsory to pursue M.Tech course in India. This is because if you are not qualifying in the GATE exam you can still pursue your M.Tech course in the private universities of India. But to do that, you need to qualify in the entrance exam of the concerned university. If you qualify in GATE you can get the best institutes of the nation to pursue your M.Tech course like the IITs and the NITs.
8th April 2014, 06:50 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely pursue M.Tech degree course after the completion of your B.E course. No, qualifying in the GATE exam is not compulsory to pursue M.Tech course in India. This is because if you are not qualifying in the GATE exam you can still pursue your M.Tech course in the private universities of India. But to do that, you need to qualify in the entrance exam of the concerned university. If you qualify in GATE you can get the best institutes of the nation to pursue your M.Tech course like the IITs and the NITs.
9th April 2014, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

This answer is applicable within karnataka. GATE is not necessary, PGCET is local entrance exam for MTech. However, GATE students get admitted first, then PGCET students are called to fill remaining seats.

In this regard, GATE is best option. Also, getting a good score in GATE will open doors. Go for it. Cutoff marks will depend on the category. But, a score of above 50 is good.
11th December 2018, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am a B.sc homescience with food biotechnology. I want to M.tech food technology. So that I want to clear GATE exam, to join in Anna University, or it is enough to clear TANCET.
20th March 2020, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

My gate score is 5.66...I want to take admission in mtech.... so can i apply for mtech
29th March 2020, 03:39 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

--GATE is not compulsory to get admission in M.TECH after completion of B.E.

--But if you get admission in any of the top most University and colleges,you have to folllows their guideline in which one guideline is to crack the GATE exam first.

Some university want GATE scoring from candidate side to giving the admission process.
11th March 2021, 02:47 AM
Unregistered

Can I do my m.tech without gate by direct admission in college. I am currently pursuing my b.tech in biotechnology and biochemical engineering.
4th June 2021, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

What are other ways to join m tech with out gate?
9th April 2023, 06:29 PM
YourGuide

Yes, you can pursue an M.Tech degree after completing your B.E. degree. However, the eligibility criteria for M.Tech programs vary depending on the institution and the program you wish to apply for.

Most institutes require a valid GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) score for admission to M.Tech programs. However, some universities and colleges may also offer admission based on merit, which could include a combination of academic performance, work experience, and other relevant factors.

The GATE exam is not compulsory for all M.Tech programs, but it is a commonly accepted standardized exam for admission to M.Tech programs in India. The score required for admission to M.Tech programs also varies depending on the institution and the program you wish to apply for. In general, a higher GATE score will increase your chances of admission to a good M.Tech program.

In summary, while GATE is not mandatory for all M.Tech programs, it is advisable to take the GATE exam if you plan to pursue M.Tech in India. It's also important to check the eligibility criteria and admission requirements of the specific institution and program you wish to apply for.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?