15th March 2012, 08:46 PM
piki05

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer after Engineering (ECE)? how to prepare and subjects to study? Is it necessary to join IAS academy to prepare?

to become an IAS officer, you will have to give ias exam which is conducted once in a year. the optional subject which you will have to take must be that one in which you think that you are capable of answering maximum questions. there are general knowledge questions also in the paper, you can prepare for that by reading newspaper or by watching t.v. news regularly. you can get previous years question papers and all other details of the exam on their official website
www.upsc.gov.in

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare to become an IAS officer and which subjects to be chosen? I am a class 12th student from science
  2. What are the subjects of IAS? How should I prepare for IAS?
  3. How should I prepare for IAS exam? Which are the main subjects that I have to study?
  4. How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam? I am an engineering ECE student in kalasalingam University
  5. How do I prepare to become an IAS Officer pursuing BE in Civil Engineering?
  6. How to prepare for IAS? Subjects to study?
  7. How to prepare for IAS with optional subjects Punjabi and Chemistry. I'm a first year engineering student at IIT
  8. How should I prepare to become an IAS Officer being a candidate having completed Graduation and pursuing MA in English? How to get study materials to prepare for this Exam?
  9. How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam? Which are the subjects that would help?
  10. How to select optional subjects for Civil Services examination? How to prepare well for the examination?
  11. Best coaching center in General studies?
  12. How should I prepare for IAS? I am studying B.E ECE
  13. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? Subjects to be chosen? Requirements and books to be referred?
  14. List of top institutions for civil coaching in places like hyderabad, guntur or vijayawada?
  15. How to prepare for an IAS exam being an LLB holder? How does LLB will help me to be an IAS officer? -- [New]
  16. How to prepare for IAS exam during engineering and which are the subjects to be taken?
  17. Is it possible to fill IAS prelims form using 2nd graduation degree?
  18. How can I become an IAS officer? I am pursuing Physiotherapy
8th May 2012, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer after Engineering (ECE)? how to prepare and subjects to study? Is it necessary to join IAS academy to prepare?

i m a student of ece.2nd year .should i have to start my preparation today or it is enough to study for ias after my graduation . And can it sufficient for me to qualify it after my graduation
27th May 2012, 10:36 AM
VIVEK2525

hi friends,

Age Limit :-
For general category :- 21 to 30 years.
For SC/ST category :- 21 to 35 years.
For OBC candidates :- 21 to 33 years.

IAS examination procedure :-
Preliminary exam.
Main exam.
Personal Interview.

so after completion of your graduation you are eligible for IAS exam.
Educational Qualification :-
To appear in the civil services examination the minimum educational
qualification is graduation in any stream from a recognize university.

final year graduation student are also eligible for apply of civil services
examination.

all the best
28th May 2012, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

Hi.my name is manasa.i got one back log in btech ece 2nd year,but i cleared it.is back log can affect for ias exams?wich optional subjects can i choose and which books can i prefer?give me some names of famous coaching centres for ias
19th June 2012, 08:09 PM
babu91

hello Friend,

IAS (Indian Administrative Service) examinations are conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

Eligibility criteria for IAS Exam are as follows: -

1. Pass graduation / Bachelor’s degree in any subject or in any engineering stream or equivqlent from a recognised institute / university.

2. Age - 21 Years to 30 Years for General candidates, 21 Years to 33 Years for OBC candidates and 21 Years to 35 Years for SC / ST candidates.

3. Nationality - Indian

NOTE: - Final year appearing candidates can also apply.

Syllabus / Exam Pattern for IAS Examination are as follows: -

1. Written Tests = Consisting of 5 papers of 200 marks each.

Paper - I = General Ability includes General English, General Studies, Indian History, Geography. [Objective Type]

Paper - II & III = It includes relevant questions from engineering stream.
[Objective Type]

Paper - IV & V = It includes relevant questions from engineering stream. [Subjective Type]

2. Personality Test = Interview

Best of Luck
thank you
15th July 2012, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

plz suggest me ias coaching institute for engineering student mainly for mechanical engineering?
30th August 2012, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

actually i dont have habbit of reading paper or general knowledge,but now i want to become ias officer .can i become now if i read for now
31st August 2012, 04:06 PM
itsme.abhishek2012

Hi dear,

Its a good decision to go with civil services

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Service Examination is

->you should have a degree from a recognized university.

->you should have minimum age of 21 years..

Relaxation for reserved category's in age

for OBC upto 33 years

for SC/ST/PD candidates upto 35 years

taking coaching depends on your personal interest ..

if you're dedicated hardworking and intelligent then no need of any coaching institutes..

so with all these once check out the following websites

www.onestopias.com

www.upscportal.com

Thanks
3rd September 2012, 01:12 AM
Unregistered

i want to become ias officer
i am student of 1st year mechanical engineering
give me suggetion about priliminary exam
which subject for priliminary eaxm
and which books are simple to use for this examy
2nd November 2012, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer after engineering (ISE)? Are there any training centres in bangalore?

i m Ashika final year engineering student can i become a IAS officer after my engineering. is it possible ? are their any training centers in bangalore.
1st January 2013, 02:27 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

hello for preparing for IAS you need to study sincerely for 1 to 2 years for clearing out the prelim examination reading newspapers and going through the current books could be starting and most important thing for her IAS preparation
main examination point of view you need to be well focus and fundamentally strong on 1 of the optional subject that you will be choosing for the mains examination. it needs a lot of sincerity and dedication for cracking out this exam. going through the books of indian history and indian politics could be the main key too and for geography and economics ncert books are preferable
No need to go for coaching institutes for coaching, without coaching also you can crack this exam. There are many examples
27th January 2013, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer after Engineering (cse)? how to prepare and subjects to study? Is it necessary to join IAS academy to prepare?

i'm doing my 3rd year in electrical and computer science engineering branch. i wish to become an ias officer. is there any possibilities? if it so then what all steps should be taken for preparation?what subject can be choosen as optional subject?
is it need to join in an ias academy and prepare?if it so pls mention some centres in madurai,tamilnadu.
27th January 2013, 06:56 PM
RAVIKANT JANGIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokila priya View Post
i'm doing my final year in electrical and electronics engineering branch. i wish to become an ias officer. is there any possibilities? if it so then what all steps should be taken for preparation?what subject can be choosen as optional subject?
is it need to join in an ias academy and prepare?if it so pls mention some centres in madurai,tamilnadu.
Helo,
I would recommend you to take PUB ADMINISTRATION and SOCIOLOGY as optionals, as you are from technical background you can do labour in both of these as these are having a small and intresting syllabus.

TRY THESE PLZ!!
15th July 2013, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

will ECE branch help to become an IAS???
22nd November 2013, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of civil engg persuing my B.E degree in third semester...after completing my bachelor degree i wish to try for civil services exam ....what kind of preparationis needed for such exams....can i get a instant reply?????
27th February 2014, 07:17 AM
Unregistered

I am b tech 1s yr student with mechanical branch I want to prepare for IAS ...give some ideas that will helpful for me.
29th March 2014, 03:15 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir I have parsuing my b.tech in ECE branch....I am from B.Tech 1st yr student and after B.Tech I want to qualify the IAS examination....so how can I prepair the examination....so please provide the important guideline with whole detail.
My email id is [email protected]
1st June 2014, 02:15 AM
Unregistered

i just completed my class 12th with Non-Medical stream, which stream should i opt to pursue, either English-honors or Computer Science Engineering for clearing civil services exam? which will be suitable ?
17th October 2014, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

is it necessary to read optional papers and other subjects upto 12th or graduate?
24th January 2015, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

i am arul BE ece engineering student . i want to become a IAS officer. can i select a any optional subject apart from my degree subjects?. and i am also have another doubt which castes are come under the OBC & GENERAL.
27th October 2015, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

I'm doing mechanical engineering(Sandwich course).I wish to become an IAS officer.Is there any possibilities.If so please guide me.I'm studying in PSG Tech Coimbatore.whether I need to go for coaching classes.what is to be done???
12th May 2017, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Hi, Sir myself R.Lavanya doing engineering final year(CSE) I want to become an IAS officer what are guidelines and provide me a whole details, kindly provide us to my mail I'd [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?