26th February 2012, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What to do after 12th standard to become a Journalist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanddn View Post
Hi

The minimum Eligibility Criteria to become a journalist is Graduation or post graduation in concern field like journalism or mass communication etc.
To become a journalist first of all you must have to develop some skill in yourself like you should be capable of concising data and express your thought in well and organized manner orally and having a excellent communication skill .

There are lots of university offers UG programme in Journalism and mass communication.They conduct Entrance test prior to Admission.Jamia Millia Islamia ,New delhi is one of the best institution for such types of courses.

Address:-
Jamia Millia Islamia,
Jamia Nagar,
New Delhi-110025, India
Phone: +91(11)26981717, Fax: +91(11)2698 0229
http://www.jmi.ac.in/
but sir there is no u.g course offered in jmi
26th February 2012, 07:21 PM
harshadg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumit707 View Post
hi sir/madam
I m in cl12 in commerce stream. I wants to be a Journalist. So, what should I do after 12, plz give me a proper suggestion. Also course should it neccessary.
Thanx
To pursue journalism as a career,you need have a flair for writing and writing should come easily to you.
To take up Journalism professionally you need to do BAJMC(Bachelo's in journalism&mass communication),after which you may do a master's degree.
Also,try to improve your creative& writing talents by regularly in competitions& honing your thought process.
Best of luck.
26th February 2012, 09:02 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
Better to carry out graduation in Arts with Journalism in Mass Media if interested to make carrier in TV Media channels and if interest in News papers or magazines - optfor Journalism .This is essential to learn being academics of subject in which we intend to develop the carrier and then after Post graduation shall be advantage for better carrier goal . Also the English Literature is vital as most of the subjects and knowledge based carrier depends on knowledge of English language meant for Journalism.

That is specialized terminology and vocabulary.

Some of the colleges for Journalist:

1.Administrative Management College

Address : 30th Cross, 4th Block, Jayanagar,Bangalore - 560011

Phone: 080-26638991, 26638992Fax: 080-6638994

Email: [email protected]

2.Baldwin Women's Methodist College

Address : 90, Richmond Road, Bangalore - 560025

Phone: 080-22219732

3.B N M College (maanay)

Address : 12th Main, 27th Cross, Banashankari II Stage,Bangalore - 560070

Phone: 080-26710873, 26713243

4.Convergence Institute of Media Management and Information Technology Studies

Address : #7, IV Main, Tavarekere Main Road,Bangalore 560029, Karnataka, India

Tele-fax: 91-80-25530923/ 41114010/ 41114470 http://www.commitsindia.com/

Email: [email protected] , [email protected] , commitsaviation@gmail.

5.Garden City College

Address : Garden City Education Trust (R.)No 628/C, 11th Cross, Indiranagar Ist Stage, Bangalore-38.,

Phone: (91-80) - 25288831, 25271385, 22972753/4

Fax: (91-80) - 25291414 http://www.gardencitycollege.edu /

6.Sree Veerendra Patil College of Arts, Science & Commerce

Address : 11th Main, 11th Cross, R M V Extension,Sadashivanagar, Bangalore - 560080

Phone: 080-23341327, 23335569

7.Sri Sri Centre for Media Studies

Address : No. 19, 39 A Cross, 11th Main Road,IV 'T' Block, Jayanagar,Bangalore - 560041. INDIA

Phone: +91 - 80 - 2655 7572, +91 - 80 - 2655 7573

Tele-Fax: +91 - 80 - 2634 8333

http:// www.sscms.org/

All the best
26th February 2012, 10:04 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After 12th standard you should opt for under graduate course in Mass Communication to become a journalist.

You can opt for Bachelor of Arts and after which you can take advanced course in Mass Communication and Journalism in institution like IIMC-Indian Institute of Mass Communication. You have to develop special skill for good communication and good editing skill which is very much needed in Journalism.
1st March 2012, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

i am complete a 12th class by arts side so i comfuse what i m do a B Ed course in delhi
22nd March 2012, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

which is the best institute of journalism in india?
23rd March 2012, 11:07 AM
ashutosh sha

hello sir, My name is Ashutosh. I m 19 yrs old. I am physically challenged. I am suffering from hearing problem. Can i become an ACTOR. I am a student of B.com(hons.) 1 year in "Hans Raj College", Delhi university (DU).
How to become an actor? reply please!!...

Can i do any diploma from your institute. Is there any course for perons suffering from hearing loss!! if possible then reply!!

thank you.
26th March 2012, 01:55 AM
Unregistered

Can i do Bachelor of Mass Communicaton from correspondence??
20th April 2012, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

What is the admission procedure for mass communication in DU???
20th April 2012, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

I COMPLET MY GRAJUATION(B.COM) CAN I DO MASS COMMUNICATION
22nd April 2012, 10:39 AM
barbiemonika

pls give me some sample papers of mass communication entrance exam...and and pls tell me which course is best for me pgdmc or mmc..i have comelete my graduation..
2nd May 2012, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

hi sir/madam
am a student of 12th class of science stream..i want to become a journalist ...but i dont knw that what are the criteria for this??? , how much percentage is required in PCMB??
PLZZZZZZZZ give me a proper suggestion as soon as possible....
13th May 2012, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

I m a commerce side student of class 12. what should i do come in the field of journalism?
23rd June 2012, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Which kind of activity should be started by the kids or the students in 9th or 10th by now to get enter into the tv jornalism. Please suggest..
31st July 2012, 09:16 PM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

If you really want to establish a career in Journalism you must pursue a professional course in Journalism.
These are the available courses and institutes offering them:

1.Advance Certificate Programme in Television Journalism:Veecon Media Institute (VMI), Noida - Delhi/NCR, India
2.B.A (Journalism and Mass Communication)-BAJM:Academy for Professional Excellence (APEX) , Kolkata, India
3.B.Sc (Mass Communication Advertisement & Journalism):Jagran Institute of Management and Mass Communication (JIMMC), Noida - Delhi/NCR, India
4.B.Sc (Mass Communication Journalism & Advertising):College of Media & Communication (CMAC), Delhi/NCR, India
5.B.Sc Mass Communication, Journalism & Advertising Rai Foundation , Delhi/NCR, India
6.B.Sc. (Mass Communication, Advertisement & Journalism) NRAI School of Mass Communication, Management & Technology , Delhi/NCR, India
7.B.Sc. (Mass Communication, Advertising & Journalism) MASSCOMEDIA , Delhi/NCR, India
8.B.Sc. Mass Communication, Advertisement & Journalismelhi Film Institute , Delhi/NCR, India
9.Bachelor of Journalism:School of Broadcasting & Communication, Mumbai, India

19th February 2011, 02:06 PM
kapila Chaudhary
This message has been deleted by Shrawan.

#3 19th February 2011, 02:09 PM
Amed2010
27th August 2012, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

hi, i want to know that how much % is required in class 12 for MC.. n what are the general skills require for that
27th October 2012, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

iam in 12th cs group i want to take tv journalism after 12th is it best choice or not?
31st October 2012, 08:33 PM
swas08

hi dear,
If you really want to establish a career in Journalism you must pursue a professional course in Journalism.
These are the available courses and institutes offering them:

1.Advance Certificate Programme in Television Journalism:Veecon Media Institute (VMI), Noida - Delhi/NCR, India
2.B.A (Journalism and Mass Communication)-BAJM:Academy for Professional Excellence (APEX) , Kolkata, India
3.B.Sc (Mass Communication Advertisement & Journalism):Jagran Institute of Management and Mass Communication (JIMMC), Noida - Delhi/NCR, India
4.B.Sc (Mass Communication Journalism & Advertising):College of Media & Communication (CMAC), Delhi/NCR, India
5.B.Sc Mass Communication, Journalism & Advertising Rai Foundation , Delhi/NCR, India
6.B.Sc. (Mass Communication, Advertisement & Journalism) NRAI School of Mass Communication, Management & Technology , Delhi/NCR, India
7.B.Sc. (Mass Communication, Advertising & Journalism) MASSCOMEDIA , Delhi/NCR, India
8.B.Sc. Mass Communication, Advertisement & Journalismelhi Film Institute , Delhi/NCR, India
9.Bachelor of Journalism:School of Broadcasting & Communication, Mumbai, India

thanks
21st December 2012, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Question Re: What to do after 12th standard to become a Journalist?

Hi sir/madam
my name is divya mehta and i wants to become a reporter,i m having science stream with biology or medical in class 12th. .please help me how to become a reporter after 12th. .
16th January 2013, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

hiiii...presently i m doing my engineering in eie department....n my doubt is hw to enter into journalism field after my B.E course ??
23rd January 2013, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

what qualification means 10th are puc we can take journalism course?
24th January 2013, 07:38 PM
purvi52

what should i prepare for the entrance of journalism..??
3rd March 2013, 03:00 AM
Unregistered

after twelth for preparation of entrance exams in a specific college what should i do?? May i have a perfect guideline....plz....

-AkshItA
21st March 2013, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

Am a student of engg and am tamil medium student in12 can i join journalism plz tel me
21st March 2013, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

Am a student of engg and am tamil medium student in12 can i join journalism plz tel me
24th March 2013, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

i want to ask is there is any criteria about height for its selection
9th May 2013, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

i got compartment,after clearing that i have 60%of marks in 12th..i am also a three yr dropr..i want to do journalism &mass communication.. i am not so clear about my eligibility for getting admission in media college... & is private college like 'Nba' or institutes like 'iimm' or 'delhi film institute'good for media journalist career..?plz rply soon,as admissions are going on..
19th May 2013, 02:09 AM
Unregistered

i completed my puc in 2009.now am i eligible to join journalism course..pls repky
28th May 2013, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/Madam,
I m doing bachelor in animation and multimedia.This is my last year going on but now i decided to do something for my country and helpless people so how can i join the
news media as a reporter.its my request to guide me so that i can do ..i knw after 12th can do journalism and mass media..but i m doing bsc so wat is the procedure
is that gud for me diploma or a again i have to do bachelors in mass media
18th June 2013, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

What to do after 12th standard to become a foreign language translator.
19th June 2013, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

i would like to ask dat in which college i shud tke admission......i want to do mass communication....plz guide me
20th June 2013, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

sir i wanted to know is it necessary to do B.JMC FROM A GUD COLLEGE ND IF NO WILL IT AFFECT MY CAREER plzzz ans????
20th June 2013, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire007 View Post
complete your class XII and go for Bachelors in Mass communication or Bachelor of Arts(English/HIndi honours) from delhi university ...You have too many options like...
IIMC-Indian Instite of Mass communication, FTII-pune, Jamia milia Islamia, JNU...
I would suggest you to first purse a bachelors degree course related to a particular language(Hindi/english) or simple mass communication..
a very good book for aspiring mass comm students: Nuances of Journalistic Writings (by sr journalist Raza Elahi; discoundent price; 126). see details in below link or email at mediahive1(at)gmail(dot)com
http://www.mediahive.co.in/buybook.html
OR
https://sapnaonline.com/nuances-of-journalistic-writings-1483021
29th June 2013, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

hi..
mam/
i wanna persue a career in mass communication ..i z just wanna knw bout gud college..n dre fee structure..
kindly suggest me ..
30th June 2013, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire007 View Post
complete your class XII and go for Bachelors in Mass communication or Bachelor of Arts(English/HIndi honours) from delhi university ...You have too many options like...
IIMC-Indian Instite of Mass communication, FTII-pune, Jamia milia Islamia, JNU...
I would suggest you to first purse a bachelors degree course related to a particular language(Hindi/english) or simple mass communication..
yes u can,,,,,, try to crack IIMC, ACJ. JAMIA's mass comm or take admission in ymca or bhartiya vidya bhavan. i can sugeest u to read this useful guide and book:
Media Hive's Journalism & Mass Communication Entrance Exam e-Guide (Rs 100; PDF format) and "Nuances of Journalistic Writings" By Raza Elahi (hardcopy; discounted price Rs 126). Order at [email protected] or see details by visit this link
30th June 2013, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumit707 View Post
hi sir/madam
I m in cl12 in commerce stream. I wants to be a Journalist. So, what should I do after 12, plz give me a proper suggestion. Also course should it neccessary.
Thanx
fyi: a very useful book for young journalists/media students/Interns on discount."Nuances of Journalistic Writings" (written by senior journalist Raza Elahi). This book is appreciated for its quality content, having interesting and topical write-ups. senior journalists and media faculty have appreciated this book for its quality contents

30th June 2013, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan solanki View Post
Hii sumit...
fyi: a very useful book for young journalists/media students/Interns on discount."Nuances of Journalistic Writings" (written by senior journalist Raza Elahi). This book is appreciated for its quality content, having interesting and topical write-ups. senior journalists and media faculty have appreciated this book for its quality contents

15th July 2013, 05:24 PM
kalo 4

minimum Eligibility Criteria to become a journalist is Graduation or post graduation in concern field like journalism or mass communication etc.
To become a journalist first of all you must have

to develop some skill in yourself like you should be capable of concising data and express your thought in well and organized manner orally and having a excellent communication skill

There are lots of university offers UG programme in Journalism and mass communication.

They conduct Entrance test prior
to Admission.Jamia Millia Islamia ,New delhi is one of the best institution for such types of courses.
28th October 2013, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

BEST REFERENCE BOOK FOR ECONOMICS FOR CLASS 11 AND 12 CBSE?
30th October 2013, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

Hi m roshni .......'i m studying in class 12 pl z tell me wht I should do after 12 for carrer in journalism
7th December 2013, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

heloo sir my self vishal .. I don't know what I m doing after 12 th plzz give me good suggestion
28th December 2013, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

Hi I m Studying in 10grade in ap.l decided to do my lnter in college. Plz tell me wat to take, MPC or BIPC
2nd January 2014, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

two excellent book and the guide written for aspiring media students: Nuances of Journalistic Writings (by Raza Elahi, a sr journalist; Rs 126; free home delivery) and Media Hive's Journalism & Mass Communication Entrance Exam e-Guide (Rs 150; PDF format). Both the book and guide, available only with mediahive.co.in, will help in the preparation for the entrance of media institutes. e-mail at [email protected]
30th January 2014, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

is graduation is necessary for applying into journalisum coarses
10th March 2014, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

I m doing 1st yr BSL.llB .But I want to take admission in mass communication,so what should I do can I take admission
11th March 2014, 03:03 PM
laharijayaram

for the job of journalism your age should be 18 years so you can for the journalism training course
24th March 2014, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

How many percentag in 12th exam for entrance exam in juornilism
24th March 2014, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

How many percntaz in 12th exam for entrance in journilism?
25th March 2014, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

Sir/ma'am
Iam narita
I wish to.do ang eng hons course with that of mass comuunication
Iam in tenth standard but I really wish decide at this moment only
Iam not doin things in haste.and I think I have the right attitude and communication skills
Also.in one of the above qs I read that it was like on the school leve you should have that course or something.i would like to know what it is and which schools in new delhi have a good record in for that which can be opted for.
Please guide, I really need guidance asap
Thankyou
Narita :)
25th March 2014, 02:05 AM
Unregistered

Sir/ma'am
Iam narita
I wish to.do ang eng hons course with that of mass comuunication
Iam in tenth standard but I really wish decide at this moment only
Iam not doin things in haste.and I think I have the right attitude and communication skills
Also.in one of the above qs I read that it was like on the school leve you should have that course or something.i would like to know what it is and which schools in new delhi have a good record in for that which can be opted for.
Please guide, I really need guidance asap
Thankyou
Narita :)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?