18th May 2010, 08:58 PM
arjunnambiar

What stream should I take after 10th to be a journalist ?

Sir
I am a boy of class 10 and I would Like to become a journalist. Iwould like to know if it is a good career or not ?

19th May 2010, 02:07 AM
sg3125
Banned

Default Re: What stream should I take after 10th to be a journalist ?

Journalism is a fine career in a enterprising way.Its the hard core individuality to promote a knowledge based equity.Though it is said journalism is a arts subject but in a resounding way any stream is eligible for journalism.Give your reality & best of luck.
19th May 2010, 03:11 PM
varun131191

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunnambiar View Post
Sir
I am a boy of class 10 and I would Like to become a journalist. Iwould like to know if it is a good career or not ?
see if u want to go for journalism,,,,the stream doesnt matter a lot.....you should have good command over language like anglish and hindi but as student i will sugget for commerce stream......and yes it have better career opportunities
19th May 2010, 04:08 PM
kirankshinde

Quote:
Sir

Dear Friend.

I would like to tell you that no carear is Good or Bad, unless, you act well and with dedication no carear is going to be good.

As you have mention that you want to become a Journalist. I assume that the field of Journalision interest you and you want to become one of the best.

Here i would tell you that now a day due to recent development in Media as you can see for your self that some new channal and newspaper are coming in to the picture. The scope has really widen But without hardwork no one can achive sucess.

It is in my opinion a goods carear.

Best of Luck
19th May 2010, 05:25 PM
prakashbioc

Quote:
Sir
Hello
You can opt the any of the vocational stream in the +2, but you should be strong in English and some regional languages. Actually this is the basic qualification for your standard, then after your studies try to join the B.A in Journalism in any of the reputed institutes and also the M.A in the same or the Investigative Journalism, which is having a lot of scope in the media.
All the Best !!!!!!!!
20th May 2010, 01:14 PM
herpreet singh

Location: herpreet singh s/o sr. kuljeet singh 215/371 harjeet bhawan bhashirat ganj lucknow -226004

Quote:
Sir
hi i wanna tell u that u can go to 12th from any stream ok
after 12th there are short term journalism course so u can go for which stream which u want 2 be
best of luck
20th May 2010, 10:44 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Dear friend,
Journalism is a good career.
I can guide you for this-
You can take any stream in 10th class and must be 10+2 + Bachelor's Degree (any stream) to do Journalism and Mass Communication course.

Also, To prepare yourself for a career in Journalism, you should take High School Journalism and Creative Writing, and find a spot on your High School Newspaper staff, even if it is just as a "Typist" or "Student Aide" to the Reporters. By your Junior Year, you will be writing stories, and by your Senior Year, you might have a position of authority on the paper, such as Editor, Feature Editor, Copy Editor, etc.

ALL THE BEST.
28th June 2010, 06:02 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

If you want to become a journalist, then after 10th you can choose any stream you like. So, the stream does not matter because journalists will work in the media companies for the posts reportor, subeditor, News reader and higher authorities.

So, if you want to become a journalist, then you have a good command on english language and after 12th you should have a bacholar degree in mass communication
is required to make your career in this field.

So, after 12th you can choose any filed of your choice to become a journalist.
30th June 2010, 06:28 PM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

there are lot of courses starting from journalism.
also vocational trainings are available for market fulfillment.
any stream holder can go to become jounalist.
30th June 2010, 06:33 PM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

there are lot of courses starting from journalism.
also vocational trainings are available for market fulfillment.
any stream holder can go to become jounalist.
30th June 2010, 11:54 PM
mathursaab

Mainly arts is the stream to become a journalist but you should have good command over english.
2nd July 2010, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

hey bst of luck!
6th July 2010, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

what stream i choose after 10th to be a journalism????
7th July 2010, 07:43 AM
gohan4

hi
for journalism you can chosen arts for journalism you have
to do mass communication you can also chose commerce.
16th July 2010, 12:55 AM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

Journalism is a fine career in a enterprising way.Its the hard core individuality to promote a knowledge based equity.Though it is said journalism is a arts subject but in a resounding way any stream is eligible for journalism.Give your reality & best of luck.
28th July 2010, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

can you please tell what is mass communication course exactly????
14th August 2010, 02:47 PM
drdo99
Banned

you can join writing skills related jobs such as frelance writer which is the evergreen field.
Good luck
15th August 2010, 02:36 AM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

you can fill the form of jounalism after passing 12th.
you should try to take political science.
so,most better is best is to take arts.
15th August 2010, 11:00 AM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear frnd,

journalism is a very good career.

.Its the hard core individuality to promote a knowledge based equity.

it is said journalism is a arts subject but in a resounding way any stream is eligible for journalism.

all d best.
15th August 2010, 11:43 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What stream should I take after 10th to be a journalist ?

dear friend

u can take any stream in 12th.

after that u can go for journalism.

all the best.
18th August 2010, 03:56 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

u want to be a journalist, for that u don't need to take any particular stream.

u have to just pass ur 12th in any stream, after that u can go for journalism.

as u have interest in journalism then arts is the best stream in 12th, which will help u a lot in ur future study in that field.

all the best.
22nd August 2010, 01:23 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Dear Friend
Minimum eligibility for Bachelor degree in journalism is 10+2 and for Post graduate degree courses a Bachelor degree in journalism....

Some institutes also provide one year certificate courses in journalism for which eligibility is 10+2. .....

To do Journalism,you should be very creative and you must be the quality of the curiosity..Your mind and will power should be very much high then the normal person.....

So you can go for it...

Best Wishes...

~Regards
Subhasish
24th August 2010, 02:36 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

as you want to become a journalist in future so you can take either political science or public administration.
because these both subjects are related with our society.

you can know the way by which the government officials works.also what are the power of PRESIDENT,PM, CM, DM etc.

all the best.
26th August 2010, 10:01 PM

I am a girl of 11th science but I want to be a journalist. It was not decided before choosing the stream that what I really expect from my life, what MY AMBITION is???? I have chosen this stream because I can choose any profession but still I am very confused and do not know about what to do further much. I want to ask that computer engineering is better or journalism and what should I do after +2 to be a journalist??
9th September 2010, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

Is the salary good of news reader?
10th September 2010, 12:11 AM
tina toms

the stream doesnt matter to go for journalism.you should only have a good communication skill,good language and also great enthusiam.you can go for commerce or arts stream.all the best
7th October 2010, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

i am in 10th, my parents are pressurizing me to take non-medical or medical ...but i want to bcome a journalist..i luv reading newspapers and i'm vry much enthusiastic abt journalism....! its quite a gud stream...but i think arts will be a bter choice to go fr it...!but cant go fr it becoz my parens dont allow me......... plz tell me hw can i induce my parents?????
3rd November 2010, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

Wink Re: What stream should I take after 10th to be a journalist ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am in 10th, my parents are pressurizing me to take non-medical or medical ...but i want to bcome a journalist..i luv reading newspapers and i'm vry much enthusiastic abt journalism....! its quite a gud stream...but i think arts will be a bter choice to go fr it...!but cant go fr it becoz my parens dont allow me......... plz tell me hw can i induce my parents?????
you must say your parent about what you want to be .say about your interest and how much you love to be a journalist and say that you are not interested in medical.this will defintely help your parents to understand you
12th November 2010, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Hello , sir I am student of Class X , I am planning to take science in Xi , After my 10 2 can opt for a degree in journalism in science stream.
30th November 2010, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

iI M A STUDENT OF STD12 N WIL B FACING AISSE 12 BOARDS NXT YEAR ITSELF . MY STREM IS COMMERCE . I WANT 2 B A JOURNALIST . SUGGEST ME WAT SHUD I DO NXT
12th December 2010, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

hello sir.....

i m student of class X......i want to know that....to make my career in journalism...which stream should i opt after 10th.......??

kirti chaurasia
29th December 2010, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

does journalism prove to be successful after its respective degree is attained??? is it that after pursuing its degree we have to sit idle??? also, how are we paid as a journalist??? what are the sub-journalism options?
29th December 2010, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

are the news readers we see on the news channel the holder of bachelor degree-journalism?? if not then how do we become such news readers?
17th January 2011, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

If you want to be a Journalist then first of all you must have complete command over English language ,
After 12th do bachelor in Mass Communication , Then do Master in it from a well recognized institution .
18th January 2011, 06:57 PM
Harshita21

Quote:
Sir
You can go in any steam whether in Commerce or Arts.
after 12th standar you have to apply for the Mass communication in bachelor degree & a diploma for a training & then you become a journalist
15th February 2011, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of class 10 and am confused what to take in 11th....???
my maths is not that good that i can make my future bright with that subject...i have my interest in arts subjects and also in becoming a successful journalist...
Is there any scope in journalism in coming days...???????????..

Ishita Pal
8th March 2011, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

Sir
I am a girl student who is going to give her 10th exams.Sir I wanted to know if ther are any good collages in which I can do journalism after 10th class direct.???and as a girl is it a good streem...????
9th March 2011, 03:53 PM
krishna vanzara

Post Re: What stream should I take after 10th to be a journalist ?

hii dear...
to become a journalist one should have an inquisitive mind, will power, an aptitude for presenting information in an accurate, concise and effective manner, organize thoughts and express themselves clearly both orally and in writing.
i will suggest u to take the field in which you are interested .
if you are interested to do journalism in television,sports,art & craft all that..then do take ARTS stream.& if you want to go deep into science & technology, non-fiction topics..then go for SCIENCE stream.& lastly if you are interested in current economic conditions,industrial sector & there growth,politics played in business & all that then go for commerce.
To get a job in the media sector one has to have some good contacts in the industry or will have to simply join a job after degree and work their way up. The most prestigious courses are, however, available at the post graduate level for which the elibigility is a graduate degree. You could also pursue your graduation in mass communications and then do your Masters or a PG Diploma in Journalism. There are also short term diploma or certificate courses related to specialized fields of journalism like sports, television, photo, press law etc. Take every available English, creative writing and literature class and gain writing and editing experience by working for your college newspaper, yearbook or literary magazine. Also, build a strong base of knowledge by reading various books and periodicals. Consider blogging or volunteering to learn something about the industry. Keep a journal. Write articles on your own time and try to sell them to newspapers or magazines. Enter writing contests. Just try and think what you want to do in the long run, and choose a course accordingly. Hope this helps.
9th March 2011, 04:35 PM
salman555

Dear friend,,
If you have a thirst for joining journalism then you have choosen a right career coz there are many such boom in the sector of journalism. There is no such specific stream required you can also opt +2 arts and then go for BA in journalism.
But the main thing is you should be good in english as well as hindi language.
20th March 2011, 03:48 PM
amlendu
Senior Member++

hi,
If you want to become a journalist, then after 10th you can choose any stream you like. So, the stream does not matter because journalists will work in the media companies for the posts reportor, subeditor, News reader and higher authorities.

So, if you want to become a journalist, then you have a good command on english language and after 12th you should have a bacholar degree in mass communication
is required to make your career in this field.

So, after 12th you can choose any filed of your choice to become a journalist.
thank
3rd April 2011, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

sir!i want to be jornalists bt my parents are not agreed with it. so suggest me some good professions in or good carrier in arts bcoz m not intrested in science bt my parents want me to keep science . tell whether i should go in science steram if i went whether i"ll be able to do that or not.
11th April 2011, 10:50 AM

sir,
i want to become a journalist.can i take mpc after 10th???
12th April 2011, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am very much interested in journalism
but i am not able to understand that will it be fine to do journalism will it be good for my career???

SEJAL
30th April 2011, 06:14 PM
Nazu_khurana

The stream doesnt matter to go for journalism.you should only have a good communication skill,good language and also great enthusiam.
You can go for commerce or arts stream.
19th May 2011, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

IN WITCH TYPE OF JOURNALISM DO I GET MAXIMUM SALARY?
17th June 2011, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

is journalism a good proffesion for girls?
11th August 2011, 12:14 AM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

Hi dear,

Minimum eligibility for Bachelor degree in journalism is 10+2 and for Post graduate degree courses a Bachelor degree in journalism....

Some institutes also provide one year certificate courses in journalism for which eligibility is 10+2. .....

To do Journalism,you should be very creative and you must be the quality of the curiosity..Your mind and will power should be very much high then the normal person.....

So you can go for it...

Thanks
14th August 2011, 04:07 PM
Bmsri

Quote:
Sir
Yes, your option to become a journalist is good if you are interested in doing it.you should have a good communication skill to become a journalist and you should be strong in your language.Read the daily newspapers and try to increase your knowledge in worldly affairs and in politics.
Good Luck.
22nd October 2011, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

i am student of class 10th i study science subjects i want to ba journalism. what should i do after10
18th November 2011, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

Hey

The stream does not matter,only your english knowledge does.Even I want to do the same.
All the best!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?