17th December 2009, 06:23 PM
anupbelsare

Actuary or Underwriter in any Insurance Company, eligibility and procedure? distance education?

How can I be an Actuary or Underwriter in any Insurance Company. What is the procedure for that. which institute is good for that. can it possible by correspondence course. please Gide me. Thank You

31st December 2009, 08:52 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Actuary or Underwriter in any Insurance Company, eligibility and procedure? distance education?

You can do master degree in actuary from ICFAI university,osmania university etc. through correspondance course.

After that various vacancied are published time to time in leading news papers for both govenment as well as private insurance companies.

Also look for it on employment news.

best of luck
10th January 2010, 03:55 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Actuary or Underwriter in any Insurance Company, eligibility and procedure? distance education?

Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in any field. this degree can be pursued as correspondence course .....
the best university for correspondence course is ignou......
there is a lot of scope for the course in insurance sector ......
with a bit of command over English and the course will boom your carer for sure.......'

best of luck
31st January 2010, 11:27 PM
Aishwary

You can get master degree from ICFAI university and many more.......
but this is best...
7th February 2010, 05:56 PM
thakurbaba307

if u really want to be a certified actury u have to pass the exam conducted by acturial society of india, the course is equivalent to master's degree and and the pass ratio is very low. also, admission to their course is quiet tough.the starting package for such certified actury is around 16 lakhs and could easily go upto 25 lakhs( per year)
to become an underwriter , u have the pass the relevant exam of insurance institute of india
8th February 2010, 06:02 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

if you have a bacholar degree then you have join this course there are many colleges in india which offers this course and there are wide scope in india of insurance sectors.
16th February 2010, 02:24 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

for attainment of Fellowship , a minimum work experience of 3 years is required. Most of the actuarial employers recruit graduates with mathematical sciences subjects as actuarial trainees/apprentices and require/encourage them to take up the actuarial examination.

Neither there are restrictions on number of attempts nor is there any time limit within which the exams are to be completed.
7th March 2010, 09:42 AM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

The eligiblity is that the candidate must have a Bachelor's/College Degree in any field.......
30th October 2010, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

please write me it's future?
26th November 2010, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

can i know the fee details of actuary course in india for 2010 yr as i completed my MBA with marketing n H.R with mpc in bsc. n i got 2yrs of insurance exp in hdfc slic--- raja ratnam.v
8th December 2010, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

ROBUST
27th February 2011, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

as a new insurance agent, and graduate of 55years, how can try to become an underwriter of life insurance? pls post to email : [email protected]
28th February 2011, 11:06 PM
babydoll

Hello friend,
You can take admission in Osmani University for this course. As this course is conducted by the actuary society,india, you will get good jobs having great salary package about more than 10 lacks.
So better to go for it.
Good luck!!!!
17th March 2011, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation from Geography Hons with good marks and I have 2 years of experience in Insurance sector and I want to enroll in Acturial science, so I want to ask it would be better for me ? and from which University I have to enroll in ?
18th May 2011, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

i have done my m.ba.now m woking in a company in backoffice.i want to be an acturial.how can i start my carrier in that field.
5th July 2011, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

i have done m.b.a.(finance) in distance learning and also have qualified the licentiate exam of insurance institute of india,now i intent to do the course for an insurance actuary,how do i go about it???please mail the reply to [email protected]
7th July 2011, 02:22 AM
Unregistered

Hi,

I am tanuj , i completed my PGDBA (Finance) in distance learing from SCDL, can i do acturial course ...i want to do acturial course ...what i hv to do to start???
...Pls Reply me at [email protected]
25th August 2011, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

I want to make my carrer in Insurance sector as an underwriter. I have completed my graduation and pursuing MBA (Distance Learning)in Banking, Investment and Insurance also i have passed out licentiate exam from insurance institute of india. Can you please suggest how to get the position of underwriter. Is there any institute which offer underwriter course and please also let me know the fee structure.
16th December 2011, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupbelsare View Post
How can I be an Actuary or Underwriter in any Insurance Company. What is the procedure for that. which institute is good for that. can it possible by correspondence course. please Gide me. Thank You
Hi you can visit insurance institute of india website where they are conducting three levels of exams. Licentiate, Associate and fellowship. This wud be helpful if you are seriously considering career in insurance sector.
8th January 2012, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

sir, me 12th sciencemaths student plz tell how to apply actuyry n abbilti for thi
6th March 2012, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir/madam i've completed m.com. with 54% and M.A.(ENGLISH) with 46% and preparing for b.ed. and pgdca can i do actuary course
23rd April 2012, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

plz,sir/madam tell me how many institutes r in odisha
23rd June 2012, 06:29 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

hello friend...!!!
actually underwriter is

1. The procedure by which an underwriter brings a new security issue to the investing public in an offering. In such a case, the underwriter will guarantee a certain price for a certain number of securities to the party that is issuing the security (in exchange for a fee). Thus, the issuer is secure that they will raise a certain minimum from the issue, while the underwriter bears the risk of the issue.
2. The process of insuring someone or something.
3. The process by which a lender decides whether a potential creditor is creditworthy and should receive a loan.

thanku.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?