4th January 2016, 11:45 PM
Rabi Narayan Bhoi

Admission procedure to study M.Phil in English at IGNOU?

Sir,
What is the procedure to get admission in IGNOU as I am willing to do M.Phil in English programme? Kindly help me regarding this.

15th February 2016, 12:42 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Admission procedure to study M.Phil in English at IGNOU?

It is a very good decision of studying M.Phil. If you pass M.Phil. you can get direct admission in PhD. course. No entrance examination is necessary. Some institutes although take a short interview before recruiting candidates as PhD. scholars.
Now coming to your question, you need to download the admission form for IGNOU M.Phil course from their official website, which is, www.ignou.ac.in. Then you need to fill up all the blocks in the form clearly and post it to the New Delhi head office of IGNOU, along with the fee for the application form. This fee is generally between rs.500-Rs.1000. After you fill up the form and submit it, you will have to wait for two things.
1) A call from the regional center of IGNOU, telling you if your form has some vacant parts to be filled up. If you have filled up your form successfully, then they will call you to notify the same and inform you about the date to sit for entrance examination for the M.Phil course. On the day of the examination please bring your admit card and your identity card supplied from the IGNOU regional center. If you don't bring any of these, you will not be allowed to sit for the examination.
5th March 2016, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum percentage required for admission in m.phil in english literature
17th April 2017, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

Is the m.Phil or PhD degree through ignou valid for jobs in univ and colleges?? What is the total duration of M.Phil course through ignou?
26th February 2018, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am a Govt.of. Employee. I am a teacher of English in Hons/PA category since 2007. I belong to OBC and I have 50.37% marks in post graduate. Which will be better for me either M. Phil or PhD? Will there have any consideration in respect of my teaching experience for the entrance test?
23rd May 2018, 07:42 AM
Unregistered

Sir, what is the procedure for M.Phil in English Literature to the july 2018 session. Sir give me the information.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?