28th April 2018, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

After having completed B.Sc what should a candidate do to enter in Teaching profession?

I have done my B.Sc Avadh University with subjects like Zoology, Chemistry and Microbiology and I want to pursue a career in teaching now? What should I do now? Should I do Masters as well or B.Ed or can I teach directly after my current education?

20th May 2018, 01:10 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After having completed B.Sc what should a candidate do to enter in Teaching profession?

To become a government teacher you need to have a graduation level degree along with B.Ed.
So, you need to study B.Ed from any recognised university.

There are many entrance exam for teacher like TGT, TET, UGC NET and etc.,

The basic eligibility required for all the exams is a graduation level degree in any related stream from any recognised university. The candidate should also have a B.Ed degree from recognised university.

After completing B.Ed degree you can apply for any entrance exam.

To become a teacher in private schools then you can apply directly by visiting the schools. They will conduct an interview based on your performance you’ll be appointed as teacher.

So, for becoming teacher in government schools you need to study B.Ed degree and apply for the exams and qualify the exam in merit or for becoming teacher in private sector there is no need of studying B.Ed based on your graduation you can apply for the private school teacher and get the job directly.
20th May 2018, 10:37 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After having completed B.Sc what should a candidate do to enter in Teaching profession?

If you have completed your BSc and now you want to enter into teaching profession then you have to follow these steps:

Complete your graduation.

Persue B.Ed that is 2 years course.

Appear in TET examination and qualify it.

For lecturer im college BEd is not compulsory but yes Masters course is necessary.
21st May 2018, 05:33 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

if you want to pursue your career in teaching then after completing graduation you need to pursue B.Ed also.
It is compulsory to have B.Ed degree to become a teacher in government school.
After completing B.Ed you have to qualify TET, CTET, BTET etc. entrance examination to become a teacher.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?