11th June 2010, 01:15 AM

AIEEE: sc category rank in all india basis and state basis will be considered or it helps in getting admission?

Sir,

My son has scored 62 marks in AIEEE. His AIR is 206936, his all India category rank is 10556. His state rank is 4469 and his state category rank is 170. He is SC candidate from Tamilnadu.

Is it possible for him to get NIT admission. State Quota he will get admission. Wheather this sc category rank in all india basis and state basis will be considered or it hels in getting admission, if not why AIEEE mentioning these ranks when it is no use.

Is it for all admission AIR will be used even state rank is not considred, sc rank considred in All India as well state.

Really what is exact method is adopted.

finally my son gets seat in NIT's are not please tell me.

Thanking you

G.Madasamy

Related Questions:
  1. What are the options for B.Arch on AIEEE rank basis?
  2. Will it be possible to take admission in NIT/government aided institute after scoring AIEEE B.Arch AIR of 5187? What are the other options for getting admission in B.Arch on the basis of AIEEE rank?
  3. Any chance to get admission in good universities after scoring an AIEEE rank of 40000? Colleges and universities in Maharashtra that take admission on the basis of AIEEE marks?
  4. Will I be considered for state quota in NIT Jalandhar as I passed my class 10th from Punjab? Which NIT I can get after scoring 142 marks out of 360 in AIEEE?
  5. On what basis can I get admission in IP university for B.Tech? What are the other options for admission other than AIEEE?
  6. Good engineering colleges with 88 marks in AIEEE exam? Can I get NIT, Rourkela?
  7. What is the eligibility for UPSEE ? I'm from Bihar and my parents are domicile of Bihar
  8. Which college should I choose during AIEEE counseling after scoring 59013 in AIEEE? Which colleges can I apply on the basis of my AIEEE rank?
  9. Which colleges or NITs can I get after getting a rank of 236810 with 57 marks?
  10. Will I get admission in any college under SC category after scoring 22946 rank and 33 marks?
  11. Colleges which I could get after scoring an AIR of 702342 and category rank of 396885?
  12. In which NIT can I get admission after scoring an overall rank of 66598?
  13. Admission in any college after scoring an AIR of 60935 and state rank of 1714?
  14. Can I get admission in any college of AIEEE after scoring 67000 in AIEEE? List of colleges on the basis of this rank?
  15. What are the eligibility criteria for admission in Delhi for Engineering with low rank in AIEEE?
  16. Can I get admission in NIT Srinagar with 69 marks in AIEEE under OBC category?
  17. Can I get a seat in IIIT after securing 146 marks in JEE mains and 96% in intermediate? -- [New]
  18. What is the process for allotment of branch in NIT Warangal?
11th June 2010, 02:25 AM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

Default Re: AIEEE: sc category rank in all india basis and state basis will be considered or it hels in getting admission?

dear sir,
i want to confirm you that all ranks provided by aieee have their own significance as state ranks are used for only nit related to that state while the all india is used to admit students to any other state .

state rank is an asset for those who wants to take admission in the nit under state kota and category is too much useful also .

but as your son rank is not satisfactory to get any nit since seats are less for sc candidates in nit trichy so your son won't get admissions into nit's this year but he can look for some colleges as well which admits on the basis of category rank as well .

you can find some more info on website http://www.aieee.nic.in

and also you can contact ,]

The Assistant Secretary (AIEEE Unit), Central Board of Secondary Education, PS 1-2 Institutional Area IP Extension, Patparganj, Delhi-110092. Telephone : 011-22239177-80 Extn. 110, 151 & 157 011-22246087
Fax : 011-22246095

feel free to post as many doubts as you can, we are here to solve your doubts.

cheers
11th June 2010, 02:27 AM
sanket mathur

Default Re: AIEEE: sc category rank in all india basis and state basis will be considered or it hels in getting admission?

Sorry, it's not possible to get admission with this rank in NIT even if you are sc candidate.
state rank is helpful in colleges where there is state reservation.
For further information go through official website of AIEEE.
11th June 2010, 04:56 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

relax...sine you belong to SC there are chances for your son to get an NIT on the basis of his state rank. to NIT Pondicherry..online counselling has started now please register there and give the enames of the colleges in which you want you son to get in
go to
www.ccb.nic.in
11th June 2010, 05:42 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

I dont think that its possible to get NIT at that all india rank. Actually NITs have given the category rank simply. But admissions are on the basis of all india rank.

If you are in SC category then you can get admission even at 70,000 rank. So thats how it is.

But dont worry in home state quota your son has a chance to get colleges in tamilnadu

I just checked last years opening and closing rank and i found that he has great chance with state rank

check this link http://ccb.nic.in/ccb2009/aieeecouns...lectState.aspx
11th June 2010, 09:25 PM
sanjaykumkum

Sir,

My son has scored 91 marks in AIEEE. His AIR is 92869, his all India category rank is 22318. His state rank is 13874 and his state category rank is 3908. He is OBC candidate from uttar pradesh.
Is it possible for him to get NIT admission.or State Quota he will get admission.in mech engg. or Inofmation tech. in allahabad.....or sugest in which institue he get chances for both mentioned branches.mech engg/information tech.
thanx
with regards
sanjay verma
11th June 2010, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

sir i am not sc ?i think wroung quistion i put on u
11th June 2010, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

my question is............my son got abt air 92900 . catogary rank 22318. state rank abt 14000 and catogary rank abt 3900 .can he got admiisiion in mech engg/IT in allahabad? we are in OBC catogary, and from uttar pradesh,
or sugest which collage he get from nit in mech engg / IT.
Thanx
with regards
sanjay verma
12th June 2010, 12:34 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Sir,

My son has scored 62 marks in AIEEE. His AIR is 206936, his all India category rank is 10556. His state rank is 4469 and his state category rank is 170. He is SC candidate from Tamilnadu.

Is it possible for him to get NIT admission. State Quota he will get admission. Wheather this sc category rank in all india basis and state basis will be considered or it hels in getting admission, if not why AIEEE mentioning these ranks when it is no use.

Is it for all admission AIR will be used even state rank is not considred, sc rank considred in All India as well state.

Thanking you

G.Madasamy
Dear sir,
for councelling through aieee only category rank is considered and all india rank is to see where a student stands. You son is having very less chances of getting an nit and if he get then the stream will not be of his choice. Rather he should do state councelling because he can get a good college very easily or even a government college also
12th June 2010, 02:02 PM
amit.2186

hi, its so difficult to get admission in NITs based on your son rank though you can try for other top colleges through management quota ..
13th June 2010, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

sir ,
my state rank is 4400 in uttar pradesh so can i get nit allahabad in general category
15th June 2010, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

my state sc rank is 3100 in uttar pradesh can i get nit or iiit allahabad
17th June 2010, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

sir,
my air rank is 33082 and my sc cat. raank is 2300.sir my state rank is 2554 and sc cat.rank is 252.
my stream is architecture. please tell me about nit colege.
19th June 2010, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

my son's AIR in AIEEE 185000, CAT RANK 122000, HOME STATE RANK 2056 AND CAT RANK 1273.. I FAIL TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS HOME STATE RANK IS ALL ABOUT AND WHAT IS ITS WEIGHTAGE FOR ADMISSION IN A PARTICULAR STATE NIT...IS THERE ANY CHANCE FOR MY SON FOR ADMISSION IN NIT, RAIPUR, I AM FROM BILASPUR DISTRICT OF CHHATTISGARH STATE...PL ELABORATE THE THINGS....THANX
22nd June 2010, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

hi friend we are from pudhucherry my brother scored 94 marks in AIEEE .his home state rank overall -268 & category -183 .we belongs to obc category .whether he will get seat in home state quota or what are the other colleges in south india that we can apply through AIEEE marks .kindly advice me .thanks in advance.

regards
kavitha
23rd June 2010, 02:33 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Dear Friend
You can get the complete set on information from the website http://www.aieee.nic.in

You can also get all the information regarding the seat reservation and patterns of examination.
All the best for the exam.
24th June 2010, 11:55 AM
Kumar Mayank

Quote:
Sir,

Thanking you

G.Madasamy
No,I do not think he will be allowed to get into NIT's this year.
Still other colleges are there where he can get admitted.
I do not think state rank is considered for counseling.
"Best of luck"
25th June 2010, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
My marks in AIEEE 2010 is 29 and my AIR rank is 564362 and state rank in OBC category is 21712 can i get admission in any of the government college of Bihar?
sir please help me,i will be very obliged and thankful to you.
_Sufia
25th June 2010, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

i have got an AIR of 5661 and in the general category i have 4860. sir/maam could you please tell me what NIT'S or other instittutes can i get since they are the best.my state rank is 550.please help me out .
26th June 2010, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

sir iam an sc candidate n have got AIR 528200 my state category rank is 1350 so sir could u please tell me whether i can get admission in bit mesra any trade or rather any good college in jharkhand
27th June 2010, 02:59 AM
francis jamuda

name francis jamuda,category-st. aiee 2010 roll no-28305675,state rank over all-14298, category-148, state eligiblity-35(wb),reside-rly officer's enclave, flate no-6/k, j.k.paul road,new alipore, kol.38.
sir i want to have my admission in n.s.college, kolkata in be in ece.
thanking you.
27th June 2010, 04:21 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

HELLO SIR
I think his rank is not enough for him to get into NIT as there are only minimum seats offered in that.But he can go for state reservation in local colleges available. You can seek the help of the authorities concerned. If there is a chance , he can get into it.
BYE
27th June 2010, 05:17 PM
August
Senior Member+

DEAR FRIEND

in NIT counselling u will get admitted as per ur sc category rank.

a per ur rank i think u will not get any NIT.

u can attend the counselling of state engineering colleges and u will get colleges as per ur SC category aieee rank.

all the best.
27th June 2010, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

i have got 50572 rank in aieee and state rank 205 and category rank 182 . can i get nit hamirpur through himachal state quota?
28th June 2010, 08:12 AM
compaq123
Senior Member+

dear friend
you can find some more info on website http://www.aieee.nic.in.
god luck
28th June 2010, 11:34 AM
siddharthkathuria

Red face Re: AIEEE: sc category rank in all india basis and state basis will be considered or it hels in getting admission?

Quote:
Sir,

Thanking you

G.Madasamy
hello sir
as per your ranks,
your son can try the NIT of your state as his category rank in it
regards
siddharth
28th June 2010, 11:43 AM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Sir,

Thanking you

G.Madasamy
Hi
According to your rank Its difficult to get addmission in any NIT's.
But you may wait for any state level quota for addmission.
Many of other colleges are there too why dont you try for that.
If you want any other information then click on this site.
http://www.aieee.nic.in
good luck
28th June 2010, 07:46 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: AIEEE: sc category rank in all india basis and state basis will be considered or it hels in getting admission?

yes not to worry! you can get NIT's as you belongs to sc category , you will have benifit from your quota..
you may also try for IIIT's they are also good.
\good luck
29th June 2010, 01:06 PM
aakash behl

[my sons all india rank is270000and his state rank is15500 and he is s.c. candidate kindly suggest nit as i am resident of delhi
29th June 2010, 05:31 PM

hello i have secure AIR 79500 in aieee and i am obc in u.p state weather my obc is valid for nit or note
29th June 2010, 05:33 PM

ihave got 3761 as state rank in haryana what are possible institutes where i get admission
30th June 2010, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

my category rank AIR is 7775, state rank is 3419 and state category rank under SC is 114 is there any possibility of getting seat in NIT .
Can any one guide me.
4th July 2010, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

my category rank AIR is 251343, AIR rank is 13910 and state category rank under SC is 455 is there any possibility of getting seat in NIT .
Can any one guide me.
5th July 2010, 05:42 PM
Senior Member+++

Default Re: AIEEE: sc category rank in all india basis and state basis will be considered or it helps in getting admission?

i think its difficult for you to get into nit with your rank but best of luck you can try in other good ones
5th July 2010, 05:52 PM
Senior Member+++

Default Re: AIEEE: sc category rank in all india basis and state basis will be considered or it helps in getting admission?

my category rank AIR is 7778, state rank is 2847 is there any possibility of getting seat in NIT
7th July 2010, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

sir,
my son has been allotted seat at NIT Rourkela. He is a SC candidate from AP. is there any possibility for him to get scholarship?
7th July 2010, 06:58 AM
gohan4

hi sir
aieee mention the state and other ranks only for
information and these marks are not so good to get admission in NIT
you can only try
7th July 2010, 03:30 PM
kshitijawadhiya

Quote:
Sir,

Thanking you

G.Madasamy
your son would be considered for both national level and state level colleges.
he would get a seat in state level college easily.
once you fill in the choices .he would be considered for national college from national rank and state college from state rank. the number of seats in each is specified very clearly .
he can get seat in a very reputed NIT.
don't worry
11th July 2010, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir my AIR is 133392 and in gen category is 92575 and my state rank is 3412 can i get seat in comp science in NIT my state is punjab
12th July 2010, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

Sir my AIR is 170411 and i am a obc candidates with category ranking 44652
Sir is there any quota for aieee candidates in Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Rajasthan to get admission
Plz give me her websites also
or can i get best colleges through state councelling in Ap, Tamilnadu, Rajasthan,
12th July 2010, 03:21 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

Its difficult to get addmission in any NIT's.But you may wait for any state level quota for addmission.Many of other colleges are there too why dont you try for that.he would get a seat in state level college easily.once you fill in the choices .he would be considered for national college from national rank and state college from state rank. the number of seats in each is specified very clearly .
15th July 2010, 01:59 PM
Senior Member+++

sorry friend you will not be able to get admission on the basis of your all india ranking in nits
you cannot get admission in nit even if you are from sc quota
and on the basis of state rank you can admission only when there is reservation for the state
19th July 2010, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

sir/
my air is 376753 sc candidate from andhra can i get any college.
20th July 2010, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

my air is Around 160000 and sc cate rank is 7200 and mp state Cate Is 412 will I get seat in manit Bhopal ...?
21st July 2010, 02:59 PM
agentroy
Senior Member+

hi
iam sorry to say you that is is not possible for your sone to get admission isn any of the nits but your son can get admission in a good college as per you sc ranking
1st May 2011, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

if i get marks in between 30 to 40 only in aieee is there any chance to get admission anywhere? what will b my category rank? cn i get admission through category through this mark??
3rd May 2011, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

sir i have got 85 marks in aieee can i got any nit i m an sc candidate
6th May 2011, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

I AM GEETING 140 MARKS IN AIEEE 2011 AND I AM SC CANDIDATE CAN I GOT NIT
13th May 2011, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

sir i m getting 56 marks in aieee 2011.i belong to st and i m frm andhra can i get any good cooleges like nit warangal??
20th May 2011, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

how many marks are require in aieee exam for admission in nit
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?