22nd May 2020, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

Which all Graduate degrees are acceptable to apply for the Indian Foreign Services (IFS)?

Hi, I have completed my B.Sc with subject combination of Chemistry, Biology and Zoology i.e., B.Sc CBZ. So, can I apply for the entrance examination of Indian Foreign Services (IFS) based on this Graduate degree?

25th May 2020, 02:55 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which all Graduate degrees are acceptable to apply for the Indian Foreign Services (IFS)?

To be an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held once every year by UPSC.

The minimum education required to apply for the Civil Services examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their degree course are also eligible.

So, as evident from above facts, you are eligible for becoming an IFS officer by qualifying the Civil Services examination as far as the educational requirement for the same is concerned as you have completed your graduation degree course.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.*
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?