29th May 2020, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

Which all Graduate degrees are acceptable for doing MA in Geography?

I've done B.Tech in Computer Science and now wish to change my branch and wants to do MA in Geography. Am I eligible? Will I get admission in colleges on the basis of B.Tech? Any other options for me?

31st May 2020, 03:19 PM
kuwaitjob

Default Re: Which all Graduate degrees are acceptable for doing MA in Geography?

Maximum 50% aggregate marks in graduation.
Students who have completed their graduation and have B.A. or B.Sc. degree or the other equivalent qualification in any stream with minimum five hundredth marks (5% relaxation for reserved categories) are eligible to use for this course.
31st May 2020, 05:44 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which all Graduate degrees are acceptable for doing MA in Geography?

M.A in Geography is two year course.

The eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university with Geography as one of the paper while in most of them only candidates passed bachelor degree in Geography ( honors ) course.

Entrance examination is conducted by various institutions for admission in the course.

So, visit the official website of the institution to get detail about the admission in the course.
31st May 2020, 06:40 PM
sarika1993

No. You are not eligible for M.A (Geography) course as you are B.Tech (CSE) candidate.

Eligibility for M.A (Geography)
You must have passed bachelor's degree with honours in geography or geography as one of the subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university.
31st May 2020, 07:02 PM
Padmashree K S

No you are not eligible, you need to study Geography, earth Science or Biological Science along with Statastics and computer science in your Graduation degree. Then only you are eligible to apply for MA in Geography course.
31st May 2020, 07:29 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for MA in geography:-

> Minimum aggregate score of 50% at the level of secondary Higher school or equivalent from a recognised board with higher marks in social sciences.
Minimum aggregate score of 50% in graduation with geography as the main subject in graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?