14th November 2015, 12:14 PM
stranger2k15

Am I eligible for Air Force being a bit under weight?

I have only doubt, I 'am 6 ft tall but i have weigh only 54kg..is my weight affect the physical test ? Am i eligible for air force ? all others are ok..can you answer this ASAP

14th November 2015, 06:22 PM
maakaladla

Default Re: Am I eligible for Air Force being a bit under weight?

NO, you are not eligible for the post of Air Force because you have a very low weight.

Minimum weight is 60 kg
Maximum weight is 90kg.

for my suggestion you are not eligible but your weight is so close to 60kg.
so you can see if there is any relaxation related to Weight.

you can see it to their official website of Air force.
14th November 2015, 06:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger2k15 View Post
I have only doubt, I 'am 6 ft tall but i have weigh only 54kg..is my weight affect the physical test ? Am i eligible for air force ? all others are ok..can you answer this ASAP
If you have fulfill the criteria for below given chart then you are eligible for Air Force exam.

14th November 2015, 10:51 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger2k15 View Post
Indian Air force is one of the defence force of India and to be a part of this force is a great honor. To join in this force you need to apply for the entrance exam and you can apply based on the qualification which you possess. You haven't mentioned your qualification to best suggest which entrance exam you can apply.

As per the minimum qualification needed you should be a citizen of India and must be a unmarried male candidate. The age limit needed is 16 1/2 - 19 1/2 years. Educational qualification needed is, candidate should have completed +2 from as recognized school board of education with physics and mathematics as subject in order to join in air force.

Apart from all that candidate need to be physically fit and as regarding the weight standards which you have asked, the standard for a maximum body fat of 20% for males <30, 24% for males >30, 28% is allowed.

15th November 2015, 11:52 AM
Mohit.Bansal

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for Air Force being a bit under weight?

Sorry you are not eligible for Air Force Exam.

For Air Force you are under weight.

According to your height 6 feet is equal to 182.88 cm. And for such a height the weight should be within 62 kg to 75 kg. You have to increase your weight for fulfilling the eligibility criteria.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Men1.jpg
Views:	2660
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	198141  
15th November 2015, 12:34 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible only when you have at least 60 kg of weight.
You are not eligible this time as because your weight is very low as per your height.
Minimum weight required 60 kg.
Maximum weight required 90 kg.
15th November 2015, 11:36 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Weight should be correlated with height to join Indian Air force. So, yes, you may face problem with your weight.

One who wishes to become an officer in Indian Air Force has to appear for AFCAT.

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test .

One can apply for Technical Branch,Flying branch and Ground duty branch of Indian Air Force through AFCAT exam .

The eligibility criteria required for AFCAT exam are as under :-

Flying branch :

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 - 24 years .

-The candidate should have passed Graduation in any discipline with at least 60% marks from a recognized university .

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics .

-The candidate should have passed Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT).

Physical standards :

Height : 162.5cms for both men and women with correlated weight

Eyesight : 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in another.

Technical Branch:

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 - 26 years .

-The candidate should have passed Bachelor of Engineering with at least 60% marks from a recognized university .

Physical standards :

Height :

For Men : 157.5 cms

For Women : 152 cms

Ground duty branch :

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 - 26 years .

-The candidate should have passed Post Graduation degree in any stream with at least 50% marks from a recognized university . .

Physical standards :

Height :

For Men : 157.5 cms

For Women : 152 cms

Selection procedure :

Screening Test

Psychological Test ,

Group discussion & Interview .
16th November 2015, 12:11 AM
skhawking

Dear,
It's nice to hear from you about your aspiration to become an Air force officer. It's really a great honor to be a part of Indian Air force.

Now,coming on your question, Unfortunately you are not eligible for Indian Air force due to your leas weight.

The standard weight published by Indian Air force for candidates of your type is 60 kgs and you're just 54 KGS. But as you are only 6kgs less than the prescribed standard weight so you can easily gain 6or 8kgs in a month or two if you're really passionate about getting job in Indian Air force.

I hope it helps.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?