25th October 2016, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for IAS exam after completing PUC (external) and BA (regular)?

Hello Sir, I want to pursue IAS after completing PUC (external) and BA (regular)? Is it possible to appear for the IAS exam after completing PUC (external) and BA (regular)? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to pursue 2nd PUC from Correspondence after completing 1st PUC from Regular?
  2. Can I go for campus interview after completing MBA external? Does MBA external has scope equal to normal MBA? Procedure to do external MBA?
  3. Is it possible to reappear in PUC exam after a long years gap?
  4. How can I become an IAS officer after completing 2nd PUC with 40% -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Physical fitness requirements, starting salary and duration of IAS Officer training for 2nd PUC student?
  6. Am I eligible for IAS exam after scoring 86.65% in both SSLC and PUC
  7. Am I eligible for UPSC(IAS) and other UPSC exam after completing my B.A?
  8. Can I get B.Pharm regular admission after completing PUC science open university?
  9. Am I eligible for BA after completing PUC in private? -- [New]
  10. After 2nd PUC how long does it takes to become an IAS Officer? Starting salary and minimum required physical standard?
  11. Can I apply for IAS exam if completed 2nd PUC? Percentage required in 2nd PUC to apply for IAS exam?
  12. Can I apply for IAS exam after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication?
  13. Detailed information and qualification required to apply in IAS exam for 2nd PUC candidate?
  14. Am I eligible to appear for IAS or any other competitive exams after completing B.Sc from Karnataka open University?
  15. Can I try doing IAS when I am 35 years old woman candidate?
  16. PUC commerce student with Maths, Economics, Business, Accountancy Subject Eligible for IAS exam?
  17. Am I eligible to do journalism course after completing PUC?
  18. Best universities in Kerala to complete MSc External?
26th October 2016, 07:58 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for IAS exam after completing PUC (external) and BA (regular)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I want to pursue IAS after completing PUC (external) and BA (regular)? Is it possible to appear for the IAS exam after completing PUC (external) and BA (regular)? Please answer as soon as possible.
After completion of B.A course, you are eligible for IAS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Books for IAS exam:-

IAS PRE: Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
by Upscportal
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 225

UPSC IAS PRE: English Grammar and Usage
by Upscportal
Publisher: UPSCPORTAL Publications
Price: Rs. 220

UPSC PORTAL: English Language Comprehension Skills
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upsc Portal
Price: Rs. 150
27th December 2017, 08:37 AM
nishanth60

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for IAS exam after completing PUC (external) and BA (regular)?

Yes, you are definitely eligible to apply for IAS examination conducted by UPSC every year after the completion of your BA degree.
# Graduation in any stream from recognised institution or college is the educational qualification required to apply for this exam.And there is no aggregate percentage of marks criteria to apply for it. And final year bachelor degree pursuing students are also eligible to apply.
# Age limit to apply for this IAS exam is 21-32 years and the age relaxations are :
-> 3 years for OBC candidates and defence service personnel
-> 5 years for Ex-servicemen and SC, ST candidates and ECOs/SSCOs
-> 10 years for blind, deaf, dumb and orthopedically challenged candidates.
# And the number of attempts allowed for this exam are:
-> 6 attempts for General category
-> 9 times for OBC category
-> no such limit for SC and ST candidates.
# For further information regarding this exam please visit www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?